Originally Posted By: phatmatress
i remember hearing that during the godfather filming that caan was seen around little italy with mobsters from the colombo family. wondered why he picked them or were they the only ones wanting more spotlight on them at the time?

I'm not sure, but Caan is from New York and I think he grew up around some of these guys. I have heard that he first met Andy Mush around the time they were preparing The Godfather. He was also seen paling around with other Colombos, particularly Persico and Franzese. In 2002, he even produced a movie with Franzese called This Thing Of Ours. Another guy involved in that was Danny Provenzano who has a racketeering conviction and is described by law enforcement as a Genovese associate. Paul Vario's grandson was also involved. Caan is like a wiseguy magnet lol. Andy Mush is also Scott Caan's godfather. Scott's full name is actually Scott Andrew Caan.

Another guy Caan was friendly with was Meyer Lansky. There is an interview with Caan where he talks about Lansky a little bit.

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
is sinatra considered a mob groupie?

To call Sinatra a mob groupie is an understatement. To quote Jimmy Alo, "That guy always wanted to be a gangster." I have Alo's interview around here somewhere. George Raft wanted to be a gangster as well.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008