Originally Posted By: BAM_233
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Ok, refresh my memory, who is that creepy guy staying with Jimmy and his wife? What happened to his face? And what were the newspaper clippings he was saving?

I remember last season a guy sleeping on the couch and the little boy get scared not knowing he's there but I forgot his story. Is that the same guy? confused

he's pretty much jimmy's 'luca brasi' with being an enforcer. he was a sniper in WWI, and i don't remember if they ever explained what happened to his face. and, no clue on the clippings part.

anyways though i enjoyed the episode, and i can't wait for the next episode.

Same guy. His character's name is Richard Harrow and he and Jimmy met in an Army hospital in Chicago. His face was disfigured in WWI, and he is a very sensitive, yet very deadly guy. He has, IMO, the characterizations to be one of the best and most interesting players in the cast.

The newspaper clippings were of pictures of "normal" families (like in a Norman Rockwell painting) and that is something that Harrow wants very much, but will never be able to achieve because of his disfiguration. Notice how he just stared at the wife when she served Jimmy his coffee... it was a simple act on behalf of a wife, yet it showed love to this demented, sensitive soul.Harrow very genuinely said, "thank you" to the wife when she served him his coffee and I'd bet he never meant "thank you" any more than he did then.

This is a great fucking show!