Originally Posted By: War_Time_Consigliere
Originally Posted By: goombah
One of my all-time favorites was on last night: "The Chicken Roaster."

I absolutely loathe a great majority of the post-Larry David episodes of Seinfeld, and "The Chicken Roaster" is one of them. It's funny, yes, but it's NOT the same brand of humor that the show is known for in it's first five or so seasons. Although, I must admit that the episode DID show some very interesting hints of creativity -- most notably when Jerry and Kramer switch apartments/personalities; and Kramer's whole boycott of Kenny Rodgers Roasters was pretty funny, too. So... I'd actually have to say that the episode was at the very least an original work, I'll give it that. But God, I simply couldn't stand watching the later years of this damn show.

obviously there is a point there but I hardly disagree with the generalisation that Seinfeld simply declined after the 7th Season. first, it deliberately changed its style a little bit in an effort to fresh things up - salute to that!

second, by a quick glance at the episode list I just don't agree that it declined that much. the writing is not all-time best after Larry David left but the chemistry among the characters allowed them to rely more on gags than genius screenplays.

even though they would never be as brilliant as Season Four ever again there are a lot of memorable moments all the way until the end of the last season. the storylines just became more bizarre and character-centered.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk