Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: eurodave
Originally Posted By: carmela
I said it once, I said it a million times. Calabrians have taken over Montreal. Cotroni is at the top. Montagna was getting in the way now, apparently, and off he went.

I think you're right. Montagna was probably trying to reorganize the Rizzuto clan and he got in the way, as did Lopresti.

I know you're on Real Deal. You look up my username there: tagliafaccia (tag) and you'll see on those threads I have stood constant that Calabrians (Cotroni godfather) is behind the takeover, with some leftover Sicilians falling in line behind. A collaboration, but mainly Calabrian. I always maintained Montagna was NOT the man others were making him out to be. His getting hit was a long time coming.
He couldn't re-organize or take control of his own dinnertable let alone Montreal.

Yeah I figured it was you and I'm sure you know who I am. As for Montagna, you're absolutely spot on. He probably tried, but ultimately the Montreal men refused his leadership. I was even told a year ago before all the Montagna articles that he was rumored to be the new boss. I guess that didn't last long.