GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 547 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,881
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,555
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,545
Posts1,062,853
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #623989
12/10/11 03:42 PM
12/10/11 03:42 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I'm talking about today's mafia. There's no way an American is going into Canada today and successfully taking over in the long term. And in their minds, Montagna was an American. And now he's dead.

I agree with you that Montagna probably tried to take over, he just wasn't very successful in the long term. But in the short term he did make some noise.

With the right support anything is possible. Montagna tried too much too quick. He acted like an agressor, and with doing so you make enemies.

Forming alliegiances with Ontario families doesn't make you a boss in Montreal. But obviously there wasn't much resistance to taking out the Rizzuto leadership.

I think Montagna and the Violi brothers organized the Rizzuto killings while Montreal mafiosi stayed on the sideline. After the killings Montagna tried to establish a new leadership. He probably felt secure enough to go to a meeting unarmed and without a bodyguard.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #623990
12/10/11 03:43 PM
12/10/11 03:43 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
He probably felt secure enough to go to a meeting unarmed and without a bodyguard.

Big mistake whistle.

Old Genco never would have let him go! lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #623991
12/10/11 03:45 PM
12/10/11 03:45 PM
Montreal
T
Tonymtl Offline
Button
Tonymtl  Offline
T
Button
Montreal
I could tell you that if its quiet in Montreal for the next 6 months then we know that Vito is back in action. All lot of quys are waiting on the sidelines to see what happens when he gets out. He still has many loyalists waiting for him. Hamilton/Toronto guys are probably trying to figure out how to get knew players to take control of Montreal. Sal didn't work out and many don't want the heat. Know this, many big guys in Montreal ate very well with Vito. Its gonna take the outsiders a lot to turn things around. Sal was an outsider and very eager for money and power as he had a knew life to earn in new territory.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #623992
12/10/11 03:47 PM
12/10/11 03:47 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: eurodave
People got fed up of the Rizzuto hegemony and there was a coalition of sorts to get rid of them. No more Sicilian domination in Montreal. They will have to share the pie with others now.

I'm getting a little confused now about you're opinion on this matter, Dave.

Over at the real deal forum you agree that this has nothing to do anymore with ethnicities. And it was you who said that the new boss was going to be a Sicilian.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623993
12/10/11 03:49 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
EuroDave, you have so much insight, where do you get it all? Are you in LE or have a family member or close friend who is? How hard is it to get cops or detectives to talk about on going investigations?

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #623994
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
He probably felt secure enough to go to a meeting unarmed and without a bodyguard.

Big mistake whistle.

Old Genco never would have let him go! lol

Yes, but how come that he felt secure enough? That says something. And the guy obviously wasn't stupid.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #624001
12/10/11 04:17 PM
12/10/11 04:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yes, but how come that he felt secure enough?

I don't know, Sonny. But he was obviously mistaken in feeling that way.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #624002
12/10/11 04:18 PM
12/10/11 04:18 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
People got fed up of the Rizzuto hegemony and there was a coalition of sorts to get rid of them. No more Sicilian domination in Montreal. They will have to share the pie with others now.

I'm getting a little confused now about you're opinion on this matter, Dave.

Over at the real deal forum you agree that this has nothing to do anymore with ethnicities. And it was you who said that the new boss was going to be a Sicilian.

It's all about the money.........but in the end, the Rizzutos and close family members ate very well without getting their hands dirty. They became too good for the streets and lived a life of luxury, nice cars, legitimate businesses etc......greedy and comfortable.

It's time for new players and the Montreal mafia scene will be more diverse than it once was where Sicilians dominated top-to-bottom. At the end of the day, everybody wants a piece of the pie.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Tonymtl] #624003
12/10/11 04:20 PM
12/10/11 04:20 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Tonymtl
I could tell you that if its quiet in Montreal for the next 6 months then we know that Vito is back in action. All lot of quys are waiting on the sidelines to see what happens when he gets out. He still has many loyalists waiting for him. Hamilton/Toronto guys are probably trying to figure out how to get knew players to take control of Montreal. Sal didn't work out and many don't want the heat. Know this, many big guys in Montreal ate very well with Vito. Its gonna take the outsiders a lot to turn things around. Sal was an outsider and very eager for money and power as he had a knew life to earn in new territory.

Vito and his triumphant return?

Highly unlikely when he comes out and if he settles back in Montreal, he will be watched like a hawk by law enforcement here. Old man Nick barely left his home.

The Rizzutos are overplayed, over-extended, old news and done. Time for new players.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #624005
12/10/11 04:21 PM
12/10/11 04:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
It's all about the money.........but in the end, the Rizzutos and close family members ate very well without getting their hands dirty. They became too good for the streets and lived a life of luxury, nice cars, legitimate businesses etc......greedy and comfortable.

Sounds a lot like the resentment that Paul Castellano's subordinates had for him here in New York.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #624006
12/10/11 04:25 PM
12/10/11 04:25 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

Sounds a lot like the resentment that Paul Castellano's subordinates had for him here in New York.

Compare,

You should see the homes these people live in. Google mafia-row or mafia street in Montreal and that will give you an idea of how the lived, as compared to many others. They sent their kids to the best private schools, some became lawyers, they had investments all over the city and country, the donated money etc...

The Rizzuto regime somewhat resembles that of Castellano.

It doesn't matter how rich or how well you try to pretend to be legal and a legitimate business man because at the end of the day, these scumbags make money by taking of advantage of societies weakest.

Eat or be eaten right? smile

Last edited by eurodave; 12/10/11 04:27 PM.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #624007
12/10/11 04:29 PM
12/10/11 04:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Eat or be eaten right? smile

Or, when you eat alone you die alone.

Six on one hand, half-a-dozen on the other lol.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #624008
12/10/11 04:35 PM
12/10/11 04:35 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

It's time for new players and the Montreal mafia scene will be more diverse than it once was where Sicilians dominated top-to-bottom. At the end of the day, everybody wants a piece of the pie.

You answer like a politician. tongue

But do you still think the new boss is going to be a Sicilian?

Based on what you state about the Rizzutos being too good for the streets, I think this would also apply to someone like Di Maulo, which I why I really doubt he would be the new boss. It's been stated that he's very rich and has legitimate businesses just like the Rizzutos. Why would he risk all that? The guy is also pushing 70. Yet everyone thinks he's the new powerhouse.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #624009
12/10/11 04:39 PM
12/10/11 04:39 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

You answer like a politician. tongue

But do you still think the new boss is going to be a Sicilian?

Based on what you state about the Rizzutos being too good for the streets, I think this would also apply to someone like Di Maulo, which I why I think he will not be the new boss. It's been stated that he's very rich and has legitimate businesses just like the Rizzutos. Why would he risk all that? The guy is also pushing 70. Yet everyone thinks he's the new powerhouse.

Both media sources and others have claimed that Di Maulo is not interested to become the new boss but rather play a more secondary role. Like you said, the guy is 70.

As for the new boss, he might well be a Sicilian even though the Violi-Ontario families were mostly responsible for the Rizzuto decline. Montreal still has a large Sicilian population and therefore they need and want somebody who represents their interests.

Whether that means the new boss will be a Sicilian or not remains to be seen. The Montreal mafia has always been culturally diverse but for the last 30 years the Sicilians were at the top. Things will probably be more evenly distributed in the future.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #624010
12/10/11 04:42 PM
12/10/11 04:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
It doesn't matter how rich or how well you try to pretend to be legal and a legitimate business man because at the end of the day, these scumbags make money by taking of advantage of societies weakest.

clap clap

And that's all anyone really needs to know about these guys.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #624012
12/10/11 04:52 PM
12/10/11 04:52 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

clap clap

They think the average shmuck works 9-5.

The average shmuck doesn't get a bullet in the head infront of his family during breakfast smile

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #624014
12/10/11 06:25 PM
12/10/11 06:25 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

clap clap

They think the average shmuck works 9-5.

The average shmuck doesn't get a bullet in the head infront of his family during breakfast smile

Technically speaking he was hit in the neck. smile

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: antimafia] #624030
12/10/11 08:52 PM
12/10/11 08:52 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: antimafia
Originally Posted By: m2w
i think ny planned all since montagna was sent there

It's worth mentioning that the Bonannos didn't "send" Sal anywhere, the United States government did. He was deported, and at that point he probably decided to make the most of it.

The idea that an American was going to take over in Montreal is as ridiculous as the idea of a Canadian coming to Brooklyn or the Bronx and doing the same.

Also worth mentioning is that Montagna was given the choice, somewhat atypical, to be deported either to Canada or to Italy. In many people's minds, mine included, his decision to go to Montreal in April 2009 was not part of a master plan. But once he got there, I think he got some ideas in his head.

I agree with what pizzaboy said here.

Also, very well said, antimafia. It's nice to see you again and always nice to read your posts. wink

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624093
12/11/11 10:14 AM
12/11/11 10:14 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
it's not ridiculous since bonanno's are stronger than montreal mafia by far, no matter montreal is actually more violent that's only because the lack of anti-mafia laws in canada nothing more
bonanno's in ny have 150 or more made members and they are full of zips they could easily send zips to montreal and kill whoever they want

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624106
12/11/11 12:08 PM
12/11/11 12:08 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
How many bonnano capos would really want to go along with a plan like that in another country?

Whats happened to joseph ducarme?

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624107
12/11/11 12:15 PM
12/11/11 12:15 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
the zip faction

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624108
12/11/11 12:46 PM
12/11/11 12:46 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
orite but how many people are in the zip faction and how powerful are they in the bigger picture?

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624110
12/11/11 12:54 PM
12/11/11 12:54 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
it's not ridiculous since bonanno's are stronger than montreal mafia by far, no matter montreal is actually more violent that's only because the lack of anti-mafia laws in canada nothing more
bonanno's in ny have 150 or more made members and they are full of zips they could easily send zips to montreal and kill whoever they want

Bonnanos are busy extorting hot-dog vendors and getting eastern-european prostitutes, not planning to take over the Montreal mob.

Sal was a zip and close to them and look where it got him.....dead. This is a Canadian thing.

It's not the 50s

Last edited by eurodave; 12/11/11 12:58 PM.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #624120
12/11/11 02:18 PM
12/11/11 02:18 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
The bonnanos seem more of a regional group as in most of their main activities would probably stay in the new york area. And i dont think any of the families today would go out their way to start trouble with another group especially in a different country.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #624131
12/11/11 04:01 PM
12/11/11 04:01 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa

Bonnanos are busy extorting hot-dog vendors and getting eastern-european prostitutes, not planning to take over the Montreal mob.

Sal was a zip and close to them and look where it got him.....dead. This is a Canadian thing.

It's not the 50s
i agree the bonnano's have a hard time handling things in NY let alone taking on another country. i honestly think that there will be no retaliation from them over sal.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: phatmatress] #624142
12/11/11 04:39 PM
12/11/11 04:39 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: phatmatress

It's not the 50s
i agree the bonnano's have a hard time handling things in NY let alone taking on another country. i honestly think that there will be no retaliation from them over sal.

Exactly........with all the heat from Law Enforcement these days and recent prosecutions, do you really think the Bonnanos would risk going to war with another crime family in another country when they can barely take on local matters?

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624320
12/12/11 01:19 PM
12/12/11 01:19 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
the new bonanno leadership is different, all the rats are on massino side and they are finished
basciano is closer to the zips than the old guard, vinny tv is close too, nicky santoro the same... toto catalano is free since 2009 (coincidence?) and i think he's the boss now
catalano said sal could take over montreal when he was deported in 2009

and if bonanno's can't take over montreal i really can't seee like a bunch of nobody in granby could because a debt in 2005 lol
the bonanno's lost millions because of rizzuto's since 99

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: carmela] #624349
12/12/11 02:49 PM
12/12/11 02:49 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela
[snip]

Also, very well said, antimafia. It's nice to see you again and always nice to read your posts. wink

Nice to see you as well, carmela. Also nice to read your posts again.

I perhaps should have mentioned a few other details about Montagna and his deportation:

[*]He had dual citizenship (Canadian, Italian) but not American citizenship.

[*]He almost received his green card several years ago. If he had received it, he would not have been deported.

[*]Even back in April 2009, when he was deported -- he chose to go to Canada rather than Italy -- his lawyer was wrangling to try to have Montagna stay in the US, as this was Montagna's wish. After Montagna was deported, he still wanted to return to the US, and his lawyer continued to fight for this on Montagna's behalf till reality set in: Montagna would not be able to return.

Nevertheless, I cannot give short shrift to Montagna's activities (including meetings) in Quebec and especially in Ontario once he knew that a return to the US was not in the cards. (I am especially curious as to who his contacts in Ontario were before he was deported.) While the attempted murder of Raynald Desjardins and the murders of Lorenzo Lo Presti and Montagna make clearer, for some posters, who is or was on whose side, I am still perplexed by Domenico Arcuri Jr.'s helping to introduce Montagna to Desjardins and by Lorenzo Lo Presti's association with Montagna (assuming this is true). Arcuri's and Lo Presti's respective families descend from the Rizzutos' hometown in Sicily, and I have reasons for suspecting the likelihood of Arcuris and Lo Prestis intermarrying with Rizzutos and Cammalleris, both in Montreal and Toronto.

The Arcuris of Montreal and Giacinto Arcuri of Toronto (a noted mafioso in Ontario's underworld) were known to have established ties to the Bonanno Family in New York: Domenico Arcuri Sr. (Domenico Jr.'s father) and Giacinto Arcuri are related to Giuseppe Arcuri, a New York soldier in the Bonanno Family. Giuseppe, who died in 2001, co-owned a pizzeria in Long Island with Gerlando Sciascia, and according to The Sixth Family co-author Adrian Humphreys, there apparently were Montreal Mafia members who attended Giuseppe's wake.

Law enforcement has speculated that Domenico Arcuri Sr. wed, many, many years ago, the niece of Nicolino Alfano, a New York Bonanno.

If Montagna was representing Rizzuto-organization interests before the murder of Nick Rizzuto Sr., would Montagna have told Nick Rizzuto Sr. that the latter's reign was over? If Montagna was representing the interests of Sicilian members of the Montreal Mafia such as Domenico Arcuri Jr. and Lorenzo Lo Presti, and the latter were part of a group that was fed up with the Rizzutos' reign, then perhaps these individuals might be deemed as renegades in the Rizzuto faction -- but I have trouble understanding this.

Bear in mind that Lorenzo Lo Presti grew up living next door to Vito and Nick Rizzuto Sr. Lo Presti was the one who identified his father's body at the morgue in 1992. I don't believe that, according to Sal Vitale, Gerlando Sciascia killed or arranged to kill Joe Lo Presti. I don't see Lorenzo and the Arcuris betraying Nick Sr. and Vito; however, much of the internal fighting in the Montreal Mafia in the last few years is a result of betrayals, the formation of factions, and the switching of allegiances.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: antimafia] #624353
12/12/11 02:56 PM
12/12/11 02:56 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Excellent, well researched post, antimafia. Welcome to the boards smile.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624356
12/12/11 03:07 PM
12/12/11 03:07 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
And interesting to note is that Domenico Arcuri, Sr. was apparantly connected and/or respected enough to have been present at the Bono wedding in New York in 1980, where many big names were present. Mafia Inc. also states that Arcuri was liked by Bonanno capos back in the 1970s.

And another interesting thing is that Arcuri worked for Violi's right-hand man, Pietro Sciarra (apparantly also from Agrigento), who was the first victim of the Rizzuto take-over. After this, Arcuri probably switched to the Rizzuto's.

Therefore I think he could be the logical successor as head of the Montreal mafia. I wouldn't be suprised if it were actually the Arcuris who set Montagna up.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull