What do folks think about this? The HHS department has decided that every insurance plan must provide free birth control (no co-pays or deductibles) as well as some some women specific preventive care. Men are out of luck. rolleyes

Religious institutions with moral objections (which in this instance is understood primarily to be the Catholic Church) will only have very limited exemptions that will not include hospitals or schools or other organizations which do not serve only that particular religious group's members.

Birth control is already widely available and widely used. It doesn't seem fair to say that not only does whatever plan you purchase have to include birth control but that the people who use birth control will get it free while other people's premiums rise to cover the usage. If I don't need it why shouldn't I be able to get a plan that doesn't have it?

I have zero moral objections to birth control but I don't see how it's fair that something that is a choice for many people needs to be mandated with no co-pay while medicines/office visits for such life threatening conditions as hypertension, various cancers, diabetes, heart disease ,etc will continue to require co-pays and deductibles.

Religious Freedom

Thoughts?

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.