It seems that Kay would love her 2nd husband, just not the same way as Michael.

I know they loved each other, but by the time they got married, it seemed to me that Kay loved who Michael was before he took over the family. She really hadn't changed so it was simple for Michael. But she married the idea of him, believing he would change back.

It was like she was in denial about what and who he had become or maybe she just didn't fully realize at the time. I mean, she had to know deep down who Michael was, but just wouldn't admit it to herself. When Connie accused Michael of killing Carlo and Kay asked if it was true, she already knew it was, but she wanted Michael to say 'No'. She wanted to believe that Michael really just imported olive oil.

By GII she couldn't deny it anymore and just wasn't able to handle the life. When she finally woke up, she couldn't take it and just wanted out. I still think she loves that part of who he was before he took over the family, that part that he shared with her, but she couldn't separate the two.

As to the abortion, it was sort of a way to hurt him, maybe even get back at him for the lies. Plus, I always thought that she had it to push Michael into hating her. She knew he wouldn't just let her leave him (especially if she was pregnant) so she did the one thing she knew he wouldn't easily forgive.

JMO smile

Vincent ~ "I am your son. Command me on all things."

Roth ~ "And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen..."

Michael ~ "Fredo...you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever."