Originally Posted By: olivant
You and Babe have something in common reagrding this subject: euphenisms. To her, a child in the womb is a foetus, a rather disassociative term for a human being; you use the term "take care of someone" (are you thus recognizing a child as a child?).

Why not just use this phrase: "I think that if a woman wants to kill her child or hire someone to do it, she should be able to do so without penalty."

Wow, there was a reason you didn't quote me I suppose. I give an example that no one can make you look after someone. There are no laws regarding that. It's just a matter of morality, not legality. You could bail on someone who can't fend for themselves and as the result they may die. So why on earth should there be a law that makes a woman spend her time on someone (for you) or something (for me) that she doesn't want? And BTW, the death of child as you want to put it, is byproduct of a woman not wanting the fetus. If you can extract it somehow and take care of it, I'm all for that. If not, then that's the way it is.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones