Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
pizzaboy is from around there as wall, Ivy Maybe he has some more info.

I'm unfamiliar with that blog , so I don't know Bruno187 from a hole in the wall, Ivy. But his synopsis of the situation is pretty accurate, with two minor quibbles.

1) Zef might not be a tough guy in a "put-up-your-dukes-and-we'll-fight-man-to-man" kind of way, but that doesn't mean he isn't dangerous. Quite the contrary. He's not squeamish when it comes to swinging an aluminum baseball bat. That's all I'm saying.

2) As far as Little Patsy "abusing" that Albanian kid?

Bruno187 is right (and he's obviously familiar with Fordham wink ); that was a theory back then. But I never believed it for a minute. He was too nice a kid. Grew up in the suburbs (Bronxville). Went to private school (Stepinac). Never gave his parents any trouble at all.

Most wiseguys' kids are spoiled and useless, but that kid was just different. He was only about 24 years old when he was killed, but I honestly think he would have gone on to become a professional or a straight businessman of some kind.

To this day it amazes me that he was shot in broad daylight right in the heart of the neighborhood. His mother never really recovered. And his father, who might be an "animal" in some regards (to quote Bruno187), was also very much changed by the incident.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.