Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
if Italy have become the mexico of europe, it is only because of our politicians, in 1992 tangentopolies and Clean Hands, we could be reset the political situation, the old historic parties: the Communist Party and the Christian Democratic Party, which in its history has had many elected criminals in its ranks, we were dissolved, if D'Alema with the Bicameral of 1994 has took off the television of Silvio Berlusconi, we would have had a second republicthat was not a hypocrite photocopy of the first, but this did not happen.
after 1992, the Mafia has responded with bombs, but stopped Toto Riina, Provenzano began with the strategy of the dive.
Berlusconi since 2001, has plunged Italy into a dark period,
with the euro has been halved buying power, the lack of meritocracy, a failing state and wasteful, 120 billion a year of tax evasion, a caste of politicians full of privileges, while the workers starve and fail to make ends mese.in recently increased the number of suicides due to debts, with Equitalia (the agency that collects taxes for the state) targeted by attacks, and a director of Ansaldo, kneecapped, I do not know whether it was the mafia, the Sacra Corona Unita or the secret services or the anarchists or the right-wing terrorism, I just know that such a situation had not seen even during the years of lead, I hope it is not getting worse, but I have serious doubts about this.

And then people wonder why every year around 60,000 Italians move out of the country. What a shame.