Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Pizzaboy, I was in your neighborhood yesterday running some errands with a relative. Stopped by Emilia's restaurant for lunch and had some Chicken Due Funghi which was great. Then stopped in La Cantina to stock up on a few wines. I wanted to head into Mario's but it was packed with customers.

I was at Mount Carmel right around lunchtime, Dapper. Tomorrow is the Feast of Saint Anthony (the feast itself was last week, but the actual feast date is always on June 13th). Anyway, I stopped by to light a candle. I was also at the Arthur Avenue Market yesterday. I stopped by to talk to a friend.

It's really a small world. We may have actually passed each other on the street smile.

Small world indeed. smile I was in the area celebrating the successful sale of my godfather's business (bodega/deli) the previous week.

I was particularly surprised at the number of people shopping and buying in the area. It has always been a lively area, but now some streets were jampacked with more people than I previously remembered. Tons of students/tourists, guess I have been away at school too long. Good to see the area is doing great.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 06/12/12 03:30 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.