Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Originally Posted By: Chopper2012

No amigo, we called our game football looooong before you guys took rugby, changed the rules and called it 'American Football'. Only Americans call the most popular game in the world 'soccer', and man did I have my share of discussions on this subject in the US wink .

Bullshit, they call it soccer also in the UK. We don't play the sport because it makes even baseball look boring, and at least baseball has stats, odds, building of tension and bench clearing brawls.

Soccer should only be played by the poor, and often shoeless

lol lol lol You really are completely clueless. Even on this board they have this thread:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=426311#Post426311

Notice that it doesn't say English 'soccer' thread.

If you don't know what you are talking about, keep quiet. England invented football, Americans took rugby, changed the rules and called it 'american football'. It's well documented history.

As to only the poor playing it...it's the biggest sport in the world. From rich to poor, not that this should matter.

Just don't call it the beautiful game. I watch soccer, and have watched almost every Euro Cup game, but the vast majority of soccer matches are boring and tedious. There are games where almost nothing happens, Europeans have a history of being very defensive and sensitive when it comes to soccer. I love the "it's the most popular sport in the world" defense! Christianity is the most popular religion in the world, but you aint gonna find my ass in church because it is popular.