GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Big_Tuna93, Lou_Para, RushStreet, falco1, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,008
DE NIRO 44,952
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,438
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,835
Posts1,070,124
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 28 29
Re: Gun Control [Re: EastHarlemItal] #691119
01/16/13 04:43 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
And this current craziness reminds me of safety standards in construction, nithing gets done till after people die! So much for looking ahead.

I agree with this, these new laws are more of a response to all these recent shootings. I am in favor of limiting gun violence in anyway possible, but these laws seem short sighted to me. Although i agree, my veiws will probably change once i have kids of my own.

Re: Gun Control [Re: EastHarlemItal] #691121
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'm just curious, Skinny, because that's some serious firepower. But you were able to get that thing licensed at your age? Or shouldn't I be asking? wink

I mean, you're technically not even old enough to drink (although I've always maintained that it's ridiculous that one can be in Afghanistan at 18, but not in the corner bar).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691127
01/16/13 05:01 PM
01/16/13 05:01 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
I dont usually keep it with me in Jersey. I think im allowed to possess it but all the clips i have for it are illegal. I bought in North Florida a week after i turned 18. They did everything legally required within 20 mins right at the counter. I have never bought a gun in NJ. Everywhere in the US you have to be 21 to buy a handgun. Usually its 18 to buy/own a rifle or shotgun. In NY its 21. In NJ it varies from town to town. Honestly it is a lot of fire power. But i and the rest of my family have traditionally been gun nuts. I through out my life have owned 3 shotguns, 2 rifles, and 2 handguns. My dad owns 12 or 13. My mom has one. Like I said I like guns.

I do agree with you as to being able to drink though lol

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691129
01/16/13 05:11 PM
01/16/13 05:11 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691131
01/16/13 05:16 PM
01/16/13 05:16 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
lol

Didnt they try and outlaw 4 Lokos a while back? But it had more than just alcohol in it. A friend of mine brought me back absinthe from a HS trip to Germany.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691135
01/16/13 05:26 PM
01/16/13 05:26 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I'm not an NRA supporter or member. But I do own guns. I'm concerned that people who don't own or like guns are going to support legislation that won't do very much to stop violence but will do a lot to expand government oversight of law abiding gun owners.

For example, Feinstein's proposed legislation would make a number of semi-automatic weapons illegal but also grandfather in others. The problem is that the grandfathered weapons would need to be registered under the NFA which is the same law we restrict automatic weapons under. Long story short, if you owned a certain semi-automatic weapon (not just a rifle) for all intents and purposes you'd be treated the same as if you owned a machine gun. I don't see much value in that.

I would support universal background checks and greater sharing of medical data when someone has been involuntarily committed or has some sort of psychosis. I also would like more prosecution of people who fail background checks and gun dealers/individuals who make illegal sales.

But past that I start getting a little uncomfortable when people say "no one needs x". I might not need or want x but someone else might.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Gun Control [Re: Skinny] #691136
01/16/13 05:28 PM
01/16/13 05:28 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: Skinny
And this current craziness reminds me of safety standards in construction, nithing gets done till after people die! So much for looking ahead.

I agree with this, these new laws are more of a response to all these recent shootings. I am in favor of limiting gun violence in anyway possible, but these laws seem short sighted to me. Although i agree, my veiws will probably change once i have kids of my own.

Skinny I will be 1000% honest, i have zero idea what a AR whatever is. Ive heard but wouldnt be able to identify. No idea about guns, clips or whatever. I think growing up around a killing field they turned me off, also knowing my temper there just not something I want for myself. My one question is do most buy for protection, sport? Im tired of every gun owner being labeled a "gun nut". What if are there any percentages?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Gun Control [Re: Skinny] #691138
01/16/13 05:34 PM
01/16/13 05:34 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
My roomate has a bolt action Winchester .30-06. Holds 4 rounds. The AR15 shoots a .223 caliber round. Most people that want to outlaw hi capacity magazines and assault weapons have never owned a gun! This is what bothers me when some girl says i can target shoot all i want with a .30-06. OK.. You cant shoot 10 rounds without bruising the shit out of your shoulder!

If you think firing a bolt action 30-06 is hard on your shoulder try firing one that shoots it in full-auto.

One of the most brutal machine guns ever is a Browning Automatic Rifle BAR M1918 which shoots 30-06 rounds on fullauto. It was the favorite gun of Clyde Barrow and the same model gun used to kill him and Bonnie Parker in that ambush when they were killed.

It's a real beast.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691140
01/16/13 05:39 PM
01/16/13 05:39 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Its basically a civilian version of a M16/M4. It is the platform of gun used by the US military for the past 30 plus years. It is the only gun i own that is for sporting purposes. It has absolutley zero practicality. I guess i can shoot small game like foxes with it but i dont. I have a shotgun and a pistol that I would call their primary use self defence. I inhereted a pistol when my grandfather passed away, but i would never use it. Everything else i would use for hunting. I dont do as much as i used to when we moved to Jersey. But yeah i grew up around guns just used for different purposes.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691155
01/16/13 06:17 PM
01/16/13 06:17 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Gun Control [Re: Lilo] #691267
01/16/13 11:15 PM
01/16/13 11:15 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: Lilo
I'm not an NRA supporter or member. But I do own guns.

Me, too.
Quote:
But past that I start getting a little uncomfortable when people say "no one needs x". I might not need or want x but someone else might.

I don't own any long guns because I don't need them. But, if I lived in one of Arizona's many remote areas, I'd probably want a tactical shotgun and an AR-15 as defensive weapons, just in case.

My fear is that well-meaning people want to do something to stop this tragic massacres. They'll enact various controls and think the problem is "solved"--until the next massacre. The imperative is to identify the potential killers and to prevent them from getting firearms.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691321
01/17/13 08:40 AM
01/17/13 08:40 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Has anyone actually ever seen Wayne LaPierre and Stephen King in the same room?

Winter is Coming

Re: Gun Control [Re: Turnbull] #691322
01/17/13 08:41 AM
01/17/13 08:41 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
They'll enact various controls and think the problem is "solved"--until the next massacre. The imperative is to identify the potential killers and to prevent them from getting firearms.

This right here..

Winter is Coming

Re: Gun Control [Re: Turnbull] #691350
01/17/13 11:47 AM
01/17/13 11:47 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'm not an NRA supporter or member. But I do own guns.

Me, too.

Me, three. I've probably discussed this with both of you before, but I have handgun licenses in both Florida and New York State. I also own a hunting rifle that I never use.

I would support universal background checks and greater sharing of medical data when someone has been involuntarily committed or has some sort of psychosis.

I knew you were out to get me, Lilo. You broke my heart.

No, Mommy. Please don't hit me again. I'll clean up my roooooooom!!!!

I think growing up around a killing field they turned me off, also knowing my temper there just not something I want for myself.

That's one of the most rational things you've ever posted, EHI. I pretty much feel the same way. The guns that I own are out of necessity. And they're legal. That's the key word right there. The universal gun haters and peaceniks fail to get their heads around the idea that some people need to own guns out of necessity wink.

I dont do as much as i used to when we moved to Jersey. But yeah i grew up around guns just used for different purposes.

I thought you were on original Jersey Boy, Skin. Where are you originally from?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691363
01/17/13 01:10 PM
01/17/13 01:10 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

They whole point here is that no one in his right mind believes that people should not own guns for protection, hunting, target practice, or for that matter just having a gun collection. That is a constitutional right. Period. But the second amendment talks about the "militia" being "well regulated," which leaves room for regulation of clips, magazines, types of guns etc.

The real question here is whether or not there enough left of center people who understand that there is an absolute right to bear arms not going too far, and the right of center people understanding there is a problem with guns getting into the wrong hands and the constitutionality of trying to keep them out of the wrong hands coming together and squeezing out the extremes on both sides. Lets face it when the far left or far right is calling the shots the tail is wagging the dog.

Last edited by dontomasso; 01/17/13 01:18 PM.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #691365
01/17/13 01:13 PM
01/17/13 01:13 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Lets face it when the far left or far right is calling the shots the tail is wagging the dog.

clap clap

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #691367
01/17/13 01:16 PM
01/17/13 01:16 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
But the second amendment talks about the "militia" being "well regulated," which leaves room for regulation of clips, magazines, types of guns etc.

Justice Scalia, in the DC and Chicago cases, affirmed the Second Amendment as an individual right. But he was careful to note that it didn't pre-empt states and municipalities from enacting gun controls that didn't violate the Second Amendment.

Quote:
The real question here is whether or not there enough left of center people who understand that there is an absolute right to bear arms not going too far, and the right of center people understanding there is a problem with guns getting into the wrong hands and the constitutionality of trying to keep them out of the wrong hands coming together and squeezing out the extremes on both sides. Lets face it when the far left or far right is calling the shots the tail is wagging the dog.

There is a shortage of rationality on both sides.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Gun Control [Re: Turnbull] #691368
01/17/13 01:18 PM
01/17/13 01:18 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

But the second amendment talks about the "militia" being "well regulated," which leaves room for regulation of clips, magazines, types of guns etc.

Justice Scalia, in the DC and Chicago cases, affirmed the Second Amendment as an individual right. But he was careful to note that it didn't pre-empt states and municipalities from enacting gun controls that didn't violate the Second Amendment.

Quote:

There is a shortage of rationality on both sides.

It is regretful this shortage exists in areas way beyond gun control.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691374
01/17/13 01:33 PM
01/17/13 01:33 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
i agree that their is little common ground, but the lack of education on the anti-gun side really drives me crazy. everyone has a right to their opinion, but seeing as how we live in an age where information is literally at our fingertips, ignorance is no longer a valid excuse. its even worse when politicians want to eliminate something that they are unfamiliar with, here is a prime example...

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #691384
01/17/13 02:04 PM
01/17/13 02:04 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
i agree that their is little common ground, but the lack of education on the anti-gun side really drives me crazy. everyone has a right to their opinion, but seeing as how we live in an age where information is literally at our fingertips, ignorance is no longer a valid excuse.

Information may be more accessible today than ever, but so is misinformation. In fact there is more misinformation and manipulation of facts on the internet than legitimate information. There is more general ignorance today than I could ever recall. There are misguided views on all sides of the gun debate. And when the issue of guns is raised, make no mistake that there are more than two perspectives.

Re: Gun Control [Re: klydon1] #691386
01/17/13 02:09 PM
01/17/13 02:09 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
i agree that their is little common ground, but the lack of education on the anti-gun side really drives me crazy. everyone has a right to their opinion, but seeing as how we live in an age where information is literally at our fingertips, ignorance is no longer a valid excuse.

Information may be more accessible today than ever, but so is misinformation. In fact there is more misinformation and manipulation of facts on the internet than legitimate information. There is more general ignorance today than I could ever recall. There are misguided views on all sides of the gun debate. And when the issue of guns is raised, make no mistake that there are more than two perspectives.

Thank you for that Kly. I am sick & tired of the implication that people who don't cling to guns don't know anything. The gun lovers MUST take their blinders off and see both sides. I hate the attitude of "Nothing can ever ever be done and basically telling those of us who want to make changes to STFU. I may not be a gun expert BUT when children are blown to shit (I hear each child killed had anywhere from 5 -20 bullet holes in them)I for one won't accept that attitude. mad There is NO reason this shouldn't be talked about and changes made.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691392
01/17/13 02:49 PM
01/17/13 02:49 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
TIS, both you and Kly are correct. I am appalled by the profound ignorance that so many Americans have about their Nation's Constitution. However, that does not preclude them from commenting on it as if they are intimately familar with its origins, content, original intent, and interpretation. Despite the wealth of information that I've accumulated about it, I still hestitate to represent that I know very much about it.

Some of the posts above do touch on elements of the 2nd amendment's original intent, but that's only some.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Gun Control [Re: olivant] #691393
01/17/13 02:53 PM
01/17/13 02:53 PM
California

California
Thanks Oli,

I guess for obvious reasons, this last shooting tears me apart. frown I pray for some good/honest dialog and changes. I won't hold my breath, but I still have hope.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691395
01/17/13 02:59 PM
01/17/13 02:59 PM
Brooklyn
R
RichieAnimal Offline
Capo
RichieAnimal  Offline
R
Capo
Brooklyn
I have a question about the constitution wasn't the only reason why the constitution worked was because the people here were tge framers and tge people living here were religious.

Now the left says it does not work and it does not work for them because they are not religious.

Only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691397
01/17/13 03:05 PM
01/17/13 03:05 PM
Brooklyn
R
RichieAnimal Offline
Capo
RichieAnimal  Offline
R
Capo
Brooklyn
I was talking to a black man in my doctors waiting room today. The conversation got to gun control. He told me he has a gun for self protection, and we talked about how easy it was to get a gun not a legal gun.

It is a lot harder to get a gun if you do it legally.

Only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Control [Re: RichieAnimal] #691400
01/17/13 03:09 PM
01/17/13 03:09 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: RichieAnimal
I have a question about the constitution wasn't the only reason why the constitution worked was because the people here were tge framers and tge people living here were religious.

Now the left says it does not work and it does not work for them because they are not religious.

The Constitution works the same whether individuals are religious or not.

Re: Gun Control [Re: RichieAnimal] #691402
01/17/13 03:13 PM
01/17/13 03:13 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: RichieAnimal

I don't know if you are saying all the LEFT is not religious or not BUT that's simply not accurate. confused

TIS

Re: Gun Control [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #691404
01/17/13 03:24 PM
01/17/13 03:24 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

The constitution was an attempt to correct the deficiencies of a failed confederation of the States which was established after we won the war of independence. Consider it our Second Republic. The Constitution tried to strike a balance between federal and state power and between the concepts of pure democracy and indirect democracy (hence the House and Senate, and the Spearation of Powers. The people who conceived and wrote it understood it was an imperfect document and thus created a means by which it could be amended, hence when "original intent" was that women could not vote and that slaves counted as three fifths of a person, there was room to change that, which has happened. As for religion, at the time various states favored different religions. Maryland for example was heavily Catholic, other states were Anglican, Puritan etc., the idea of the First Amendment was to allow for the practice of any religion without interference by the government, and the purpose of the applicable portion which set forth the criteria for qualifications to hold office was specific in that it said religion could never play a role in anyone's ability to hold office. Many of the founders were not even Christians. They were deists.

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #691418
01/17/13 04:44 PM
01/17/13 04:44 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Klydon and Don T: You two guys argue so convincingly, that you make me think you both could have been trial lawyers whistle smile.

Olivant: When you use big words, you remind me of Little Carmine tongue grin.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #691419
01/17/13 04:46 PM
01/17/13 04:46 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Hi Pizza Man

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"