Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I suppose the obvious point is, we could make all the gun-control laws in the world, but that won't necessarily stop criminals from obtaining a AK-47 if they have the inclination and means to do so. They're criminals, after all, and so would likely look to circumvent the regular processes.

It would do no harm making it more difficult for them to obtain those weapons. I think it could make a difference.

Another gem in the crown:

The biggest problem with the gun debate in this country is the ignorance on behalf of a majority of the country. AK-47's are NOT legal to own in the US, unless you have $20,000 and want to deal with 6 months of rigorous background checks, get signatures from about 10 different people, and you live in either Texas or Arizona. There ARE rifles that LOOK like an AK, which are as different as can be from an AK itself. It operates as a Semi Automatic rifle, as opposed to a fully automatic, and is therefore NOT considered an Assault Rifle.

The so called "assault Weapon" ban that went into effect in the 90's governed these weapons that LOOK LIKE assault rifles, as Assault rifles are ALREADY illegal and have been for a long time! So In other words, you are legislating based upon what the gun looks like, as opposed to the facts surrounding it. Seems nonsensical to me!

Last edited by fathersson; 07/31/12 10:43 AM.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!