There was a similar incident here in Brooklyn just a few weeks ago, on August 4. McCarren Park Pool, built in the 1930's and closed since (I believe) the late '80s, recently re-opened with much publicity and hoopla. Soon, however, it was making news for all the wrong reasons (brawling, for one thing).

Let's face it, folks, anyway you look at it, some people are just out-and-out pigs. Period.

Here is a recent article from The Gothamist:

Saturday Surprise!

McCarren Park Pool Closed Due To Unsanitary Conditions

Rachel Pincus/Gothamist

The more things change, the more they poop the same: according to various Tweeters, the newly renovated fight club/public toilet McCarren Park Pool has been closed due to "unsanitary conditions." Chris Hollenbeck tweeted, "A loudspeaker echoes omnipresent over McCarren, 'Attention: Due to unsanitary conditions the pool is now closed. Please exit the pool bed.'" Maybe it was just a Baby Ruth?

In case you've forgotten, McCarren Park Pool had a previous incident with fecal matter (dubbed Poopgate) last month — cops vehemently denied any pooping had occurred, but a lifeguard later confirmed the story to the Post. They also gave the lowdown on park procedure for such "unsanitary conditions:" "We cleared out the pool and made everyone stand on the sides. The rule is five minutes for poop and 25 minutes for throw-up. Luckily, there were two new lifeguards, so we made them clean it up."

sick

The pool was closed for a couple of days while it was cleaned and disinfected with huge doses of chlorine.

Still, I wouldn't go to any public pool in my area if you paid me.

I can't help but be reminded of a sign I saw at a friend's house many years ago: We don't swim in your toilet, so please don't pee in our pool.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."