Originally Posted By: Mignon
PB, I like you alot but when you make fun of hillbillies it pisses me off. My family are hillbillies. My husband is a hillbilly. There are good and bad in all people. Would it be right of me to say ALL muslims are terrorists?

I was just trying to point out that gun owners are often unfairly sterotyped as such, Mig. So in my own way I was sticking up for the gun owner. But let's be honest, city dwellers and rural people are different. Over the years you've hinted that most New Yorkers are moneyed snobs, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
i don't really care for the bashing and sterotyping of southers either. from my experience, they will do more for you than the majority of people living in a urban setting.

But you're not from an urban setting, FF. You're from a Mid-Jersey suburb. You have no more in common with a native New Yorker than someone from Kentucky. So are you really being objective when you say that? I know plenty of city people who'd give you the shirt off their backs. That we're all rude is as much an unfair stereotype as the hillbilly stereotype.

And as I've pointed out, I love traveling through the South smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.