Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
Which mob is/was more powerful and more effective? Which is/was stronger? Meaning now and in the past when they were both at their peak. I always thought al Capone was overrated as a mob boss. And accardo was a very effectove boss but couldn't hold a candle to the New York bosses. But idk that's my opinion. Post away guys:)

Talk about drudging up one of the oldest and most hotly-debated topics on these OC forums. whistle

You're making two separate comparisons - the families as a whole and the bosses invidually.

In terms of competency as a boss, Accardo was the equal of any of the NY bosses, i.e. Gambino, Lucchese, etc. And a good argument could be made that the Outfit at it's peak in the 1950's, when he was the boss, rivaled some of the NY families in power. Of course, it's not fair to compare the Outfit to all the NY mob, i.e. all 5 families.

Nowadays, the Outfit is closer in size and scope to the other remaining small families outside NY than any of the 5 families.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/10/13 08:44 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.