GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 737 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,752
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,550
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,522
Posts1,062,269
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
Re: DOMA [Re: DE NIRO] #707361
03/31/13 04:59 AM
03/31/13 04:59 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
A baby/Child needs a mothers love/bond..

It's different for everyone. Psychologically girls are more drawn to their fathers, boys to their mothers. But it's sexist to say fathers can't be as attentive as mothers or vice versa. It's different for everyone. Laws cannot be made based on how majority acts. It should also consider the right of the minorities, in other words, the right of men who feel maternal toward their children.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: DOMA [Re: IvyLeague] #707364
03/31/13 06:13 AM
03/31/13 06:13 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Both of you are living in denial. Or at least going on wishful thinking. Where do you get the idea that more people in this country are for gay marriage than against it? Heck, the whole reason the Supreme Court is hearing the DOMA case right now is because supporters of gay marriage know they can't win the day in most states.

Well no one really knows why the Supreme Court decided to hear the challenge to proposition 8 and the DOMA case. We won't know for sure for years. But the available evidence suggests that the four most conservative justices decided to hear the Prop 8 case while the DOMA case was probably going to be heard no matter what as two lower courts had invalidated it.

Quote:
They then confronted a second, much more ambitious case, Hollingsworth v. Perry, No. 12-144, concerning whether the Constitution guarantees a right to same-sex marriage. Most observers thought the court would hold the case while it worked through one on the 1996 law, and some thought it might deny review, letting stand an appeals court decision that had struck down Proposition 8.

Instead, the court granted review in the case. That was a surprise and a puzzle. Who had voted to hear it? One school of thought was that the court’s four liberals were ready to try to capture Justice Kennedy’s decisive vote to establish a right to same-sex marriage around the nation.

That theory was demolished in the courtroom as one liberal justice after another sought to find a way to avoid providing an answer to the central question in the case. The decision to hear the case, it turned out, had come from the other side.
Justice Scalia, almost certainly joined by Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr., apparently made a twofold calculation: that their odds of winning would not improve as same-sex marriage grows more popular and more commonplace, and that Justice Kennedy, who is likely to write the decision in the case concerning the 1996 law, would lock himself into rhetoric and logic that would compel him to vote for a constitutional right to same-sex marriage in a later case.

It is not that the conservatives felt certain they would win. It is that their chances would not improve in the years ahead. That leaves the question of the fourth vote. The most likely answer is that it was that of Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., though he did not sound at all pleased on Tuesday to have the case before him...

Ask Scalia

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: DOMA [Re: Lilo] #707365
03/31/13 06:33 AM
03/31/13 06:33 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Would someone explain this to me in layman terms? Also how they decide who writes the majority opinion?

Quote:
According to “Supreme Court Practice,” the leading manual on Supreme Court procedure, it is bad form for a justice who voted to deny a petition to thwart a decision on the merits.

“The reason strikes deep,” Justice William O. Douglas explained in 1952. “If four can grant and the opposing five dismiss, then the four cannot get a decision of the case on the merits.”

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #707367
03/31/13 06:57 AM
03/31/13 06:57 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
If the Chief Justice is in the majority then he writes the majority opinion.
Otherwise the most senior member of the Court, who's in the majority, either writes the opinion or assigns it.

Perhaps an actual legal expert can answer your second question but my understanding is that based on the below quote is that if you already voted not to hear the case but the case is being heard you really should try to at least examine the merits and not just continue to say that the case shouldn't have been heard.

Quote:
The suggestion that the writ be dismissed as improvidently granted raises a recurring problem in the administration of the business of the Court. A Justice who has voted to deny the writ of certiorari is in no position after argument to vote to dismiss the writ as improvidently granted. Only those who have voted to grant the writ have that privilege. The reason strikes deep. If after the writ is granted or after argument, those who voted to deny certiorari vote to dismiss the writ as improvidently granted, the integrity of our certiorari jurisdiction is impaired. By long practice-announced to the Congress and well-known to this Bar-it takes four votes out of a Court of nine to grant a petition for certiorari. If four can grant and the opposing five dismiss, then the four cannot get a decision of the case on the merits. The integrity of the four-vote rule on certiorari would then be impaired.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707369
03/31/13 07:14 AM
03/31/13 07:14 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
It is certainly the case that in Romans, Paul makes statements that could be construed as dismissive of homosexuality. But he also makes statements condemning depictions of God and Jesus, fornication, gossip, disobedience to parents, etc, and says that all these things are worthy of death. He does not say that any are worse than others.

But in the very next chapter he repeatedly says that man is not to judge and that this is only God's duty, not man's.

Of course this was the same Paul who said that women should be silent in church and only raise questions at home and yet in other passages spoke with pride of women church workers and leaders.

So...it's probably best that The Bible not serve as the reason for secular law. We have separation of church and state and that's a good thing. People who are anti-gay marriage will have to find non-religious reasons to convince people.

Winter is Coming

Re: DOMA [Re: Lilo] #707371
03/31/13 07:29 AM
03/31/13 07:29 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: Lilo
If the Chief Justice is in the majority then he writes the majority opinion.
Otherwise the most senior member of the Court, who's in the majority, either writes the opinion or assigns it.

Perhaps an actual legal expert can answer your second question but my understanding is that based on the below quote is that if you already voted not to hear the case but the case is being heard you really should try to at least examine the merits and not just continue to say that the case shouldn't have been heard.

Quote:
The suggestion that the writ be dismissed as improvidently granted raises a recurring problem in the administration of the business of the Court. A Justice who has voted to deny the writ of certiorari is in no position after argument to vote to dismiss the writ as improvidently granted. Only those who have voted to grant the writ have that privilege. The reason strikes deep. If after the writ is granted or after argument, those who voted to deny certiorari vote to dismiss the writ as improvidently granted, the integrity of our certiorari jurisdiction is impaired. By long practice-announced to the Congress and well-known to this Bar-it takes four votes out of a Court of nine to grant a petition for certiorari. If four can grant and the opposing five dismiss, then the four cannot get a decision of the case on the merits. The integrity of the four-vote rule on certiorari would then be impaired.

Thanks, I think I get it. They are trying to be more effective than the congress I suppose and not be mocked by constantly keeping away the cases they don't like. lol

You said "the most senior member," and suddenly I thought why then Robert gets to be the chief justice, seeming he is the youngest of them all. Apparently once a chief justice is retired, the sitting president appoints someone and it has nothing to do with seniority(age).

Re: DOMA [Re: jace] #707387
03/31/13 10:20 AM
03/31/13 10:20 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: jace
I'm against it. It has an effect on children. It's abnormal. The arguments for it, such as any 2 people in love should be able to marry can be used to support incest
too. Letting them adopt children is disgusting to me, and that is another problem which people are forgetting or ignoring.

What are you an idiot? That has to be the most ignorant and prejudiced statement I've heard in awhile, and that counts all that ivy says on this subject. You really think a child can't be raised by two men or two women? There are people among us today who were raised by gay couples and turned out fine. You want an example? Zach wahls, a young man raised by two lesbians. Just look him up you'll see what I'm talking about.

Honestly there are heterosexual couples out there that should NOT have children at all. Not to say straight parents can't raise kids quite the opposite. But there's no reason not to give gays that chance. I know 4 people who were raised by lesbian couples and they are wonderful, productive people. If you think that gays can't or shouldn't adopt or to use Ivys moronic words "evil" you really need to double check your head for a tumor.

Family is about love and care, it's not about who raises a child, but what kind of parental guidance it receives. And gay couples can do that just as well as straight ones

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #707403
03/31/13 01:38 PM
03/31/13 01:38 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
I'm against it. It has an effect on children. It's abnormal. The arguments for it, such as any 2 people in love should be able to marry can be used to support incest
too. Letting them adopt children is disgusting to me, and that is another problem which people are forgetting or ignoring.

It's not set in stone that every child should be raised by a man and a woman. Many a time one or both parents die. Moreover, there are plenty of straight couples that are really not fit to raise their own children. Just because you feel icky, doesn't mean it should be unlawful.

Just because soem straight couples are unfit does not mean children should be turned over to homosexuals. It's wrong, always has been, always should be. Just because they organized politically and got media support does not make it right. They are abnormal. I don't claim Bible told me either, it's obviously abnormal and wrong. I don;t think most even want to marry, they are doing it to force acceptance of their sex life on people.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707407
03/31/13 01:54 PM
03/31/13 01:54 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Jace that's bigotry at its worst. I know kids who were raised by gay couples and are straight, so before you say shit like that, think before you open your big fat mouth. You have no idea what you're talking about. So quit while you're ahead because what you're saying has no basis, fact or logic

Last edited by 123JoeSchmo; 03/31/13 01:56 PM.

Re: DOMA [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #707410
03/31/13 02:10 PM
03/31/13 02:10 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Jace that's bigotry at its worst. I know kids who were raised by gay couples and are straight, so before you say shit like that, think before you open your big fat mouth. You have no idea what you're talking about. So quit while you're ahead because what you're saying has no basis, fact or logic

I concur. Jace, your words represent a primitive thought process, both academically and emotionally.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: DOMA [Re: jace] #707415
03/31/13 02:23 PM
03/31/13 02:23 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Just because soem straight couples are unfit does not mean children should be turned over to homosexuals. It's wrong, always has been, always should be. Just because they organized politically and got media support does not make it right. They are abnormal. I don't claim Bible told me either, it's obviously abnormal and wrong. I don;t think most even want to marry, they are doing it to force acceptance of their sex life on people.

Wow! Abnormal in what way? I mean did your parents share their sex life with you, and since it was straight, it was okay? rolleyes Goodness gracious! It's abnormal in the same way some people are left handed. They surely won't make their children be left handed. But they are abnormal, since most people are right handed, and that's the norm, meaning that's what majority of people are. Doesn't make them any less of a parent. It's irrelevant. Parents keep their sex lives out of their children's lives. In fact, having a left handed parent might even affect children more. lol

Re: DOMA [Re: olivant] #707417
03/31/13 02:30 PM
03/31/13 02:30 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
Originally Posted By: olivant

I concur. Jace, your words represent a primitive thought process, both academically and emotionally.

Science does not have an understanding or firm grip on morality (right or wrong).

Questions of morality are answered by 1) philosophy or 2) religion. What makes your philosophy better than anyone else's, logically speaking?

Re: DOMA [Re: ht2] #707420
03/31/13 02:43 PM
03/31/13 02:43 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: ht2
Science does not have an understanding or firm grip on morality (right or wrong).

Questions of morality are answered by 1) philosophy or 2) religion. What makes your philosophy better than anyone else's, logically speaking?

Though this was not directed at me, I'd like to answer this as well.

My philosophy is that in order to decide each matter, I should have an open discussion about that issue. Common sense tells me that in order for me to be happy, I should try so that everyone else be happy as well. My happiness doesn't have to come at cost of others. Now, if someone's desires and actions doesn't harm me or others, then I'm not sure how someone could possibly be against what they want. Claiming It's icky, it's condemned in the some fairy tale scripture, it's abnormal, or it's going to hurt children raised by homosexuals, which by the way have no actual foundation is not a reason that their marriage is harmful to me or to others. That's why I feel my morals in this matter are sound.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707428
03/31/13 03:00 PM
03/31/13 03:00 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #707432
03/31/13 03:18 PM
03/31/13 03:18 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: ht2

Though this was not directed at me, I'd like to answer this as well.

My philosophy is that in order to decide each matter, I should have an open discussion about that issue. Common sense tells me that in order for me to be happy, I should try so that everyone else be happy as well. My happiness doesn't have to come at cost of others. Now, if someone's desires and actions doesn't harm me or others, then I'm not sure how someone could possibly be against what they want. Claiming It's icky, it's condemned in the some fairy tale scripture, it's abnormal, or it's going to hurt children raised by homosexuals, which by the way have no actual foundation is not a reason that their marriage is harmful to me or to others. That's why I feel my morals in this matter are sound.

I might have stated it better, but probably not.

Last edited by olivant; 03/31/13 03:18 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707434
03/31/13 03:35 PM
03/31/13 03:35 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Thank the almighty Zeus you posted that Dapper, especially the one on Reagan. Religion has no place whatsoever in government

Re: DOMA [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #707446
03/31/13 05:27 PM
03/31/13 05:27 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Wow, there sure is a lot of name calling going on in here. That always shows signs of a weak position.

Answer this, oh smart ones. If Gay union is so right then how about the man who wants to take several wives, why would that be so wrong.

How about close family members bonded together if they want...

and why is it right for a single person to pay more taxes then a couple? Shouldn't everyone pay their fair share then. Why should they pay more.
Come on...let us take that ride down that slippery slope ....

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #707448
03/31/13 05:32 PM
03/31/13 05:32 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: fathersson
Wow, there sure is a lot of name calling going on in here. That always shows signs of a weak position.

Very true.

I'm tired of what the board is becoming... a place for uncivil verbal diarrhea.

Re: DOMA [Re: SC] #707449
03/31/13 05:50 PM
03/31/13 05:50 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
I thought it was strange that it went on so long...but then again it is a holiday weekend and so many are away. Looks like SC just got home- whistle

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: DOMA [Re: jace] #707462
03/31/13 06:30 PM
03/31/13 06:30 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I'm beginning to realize this may be a futile endeavor. Explaining, what should be obvious, to these people is something like trying to explain the color blue to someone who's been blind since birth. They just don't get it. It's common sense but it doesn't fit the political/social paradigm they've created for themselves. Or, to be more precise, what has been created for them by the secular left in politics, media, education, etc. They've all bought in so much to the unisex lie by the left, that argues there's no real difference between men and women, that they see no importance in a child being raised by a mother and father. Or the unique natural traits each bring.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: DOMA [Re: IvyLeague] #707470
03/31/13 07:12 PM
03/31/13 07:12 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

I'm beginning to realize this may be a futile endeavor. Explaining, what should be obvious, to these people is something like trying to explain the color blue to someone who's been blind since birth. They just don't get it. It's common sense but it doesn't fit the political/social paradigm they've created for themselves. Or, to be more precise, what has been created for them by the secular left in politics, media, education, etc. They've all bought in so much to the unisex lie by the left, that argues there's no real difference between men and women, that they see no importance in a child being raised by a mother and father. Or the unique natural traits each bring.

I'm going to put this more politely than I previously have Ivy. What's obvious to you is not to others because it's OPINION. Now I personally don't believe what you believe, but does that make it a unisex lie caused by liberal propaganda? It most certainly does not.

You believe in what you want, but I would ask you not to get on your high horse like you know better than everyone else. I've acknowledged on this issue a whole lot of us won't see eye to eye, but for the sake of being civil please hold off on blasting everyone that doesn't agree with your political, religious and social views.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707475
03/31/13 07:48 PM
03/31/13 07:48 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline OP
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline OP
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Joe, I'm going to admit I'm probably the worst culprit here when it comes to insults. However I feel you know me a little more than just the board! With that said I'm not condoning my, yours or anyone else's behavior! What I will say is if you take our private conversations where we have has regarding this type topic where we have shared each others opinions and agreed to disagree you'll be much better off than turning into a grumpy old man like myself! I think you'll admit we have spoken like gentleman to each other about this and many other social issues and have never resorted to my typical board nastiness! And we still both got our points across. As for Ivy I appreciate his knowledge of religion, politics and many other issues of the day. I generally agree with him(excluding Fat Tony Salerno being the best mobster of all time and boss)! Ivy has the Theologian view points that I can relate too, I can however relate to your opinions seeing you pull from more of an emotional side of things in lieu of scripture. And truthfully who fucking knows who is right and who is wrong! My point, stay out of the mud and don't become old and grumpy fighting battles that you in your heart believe in online! It's rare your going to change someone's opinion and you'll only get older faster doing it! As for me, I'll always say its Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve and time for another drink! And maybe I'll even try a Cape Cod! Vodka sounds good on our Lords day and I'm out of wine!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #707521
04/01/13 12:36 AM
04/01/13 12:36 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss

No, it is not bigotry at all. You just don't have an intelligent response, so you resort to name calling and insults. You're a jerk.

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #707522
04/01/13 12:39 AM
04/01/13 12:39 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss

Wow! Abnormal in what way? I mean did your parents share their sex life with you, and since it was straight, it was okay? rolleyes Goodness gracious! It's abnormal in the same way some people are left handed. They surely won't make their children be left handed. But they are abnormal, since most people are right handed, and that's the norm, meaning that's what majority of people are. Doesn't make them any less of a parent. It's irrelevant. Parents keep their sex lives out of their children's lives. In fact, having a left handed parent might even affect children more. lol

It is not like being left handed. It is not like being near sighted, bow legged, or having a stutter. It's abnormal sex, and while not evil or dangerous it is sick enough to prevent adoption, and pushing selves into places like armed forces and boy scouts.

Re: DOMA [Re: jace] #707523
04/01/13 12:40 AM
04/01/13 12:40 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

No, it is not bigotry at all. You just don't have an intelligent response, so you resort to name calling and insults. You're a jerk.

My response was more intelligent than what you were saying in the first place. Have you ever met a gay couple or anyone raised by a gay couple? If you did I don't think you'd be so hasty in your judgement. I apologize if my response wasn't civil, but you have to understand what you say on this subject is offensive and not at all what you think it is.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707524
04/01/13 12:46 AM
04/01/13 12:46 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
A 2004 report from The American College of Pediatrics:

"Children reared in homosexual households are more likely to experience sexual confusion, practice homosexual behavior, and engage in sexual experimentation. Adolescents and young adults who adopt the homosexual lifestyle, like their adult counterparts, are at increased risk of mental health problems, including major depression, anxiety disorder, conduct disorder, substance dependence, and especially suicidal ideation and suicide attempts...
The research literature on childrearing by homosexual parents is limited. The environment in which children are reared is absolutely critical to their development. Given the current body of research, the American College of Pediatricians believes it is inappropriate, potentially hazardous to children, and dangerously irresponsible to change the age-old prohibition on homosexual parenting, whether by adoption, foster care, or by reproductive manipulation. This position is rooted in the best available science."

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707525
04/01/13 12:50 AM
04/01/13 12:50 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Something ignored by media regarding major sex scandals like the church coverup and Sandusky case is that it was not just pedophilia, but gay pedophilia. Media leaves out "homosexual" from its reports, and just calls it "pedophilia." There is a trend, gays are prone to going after kids than straight people.

Re: DOMA [Re: jace] #707527
04/01/13 12:59 AM
04/01/13 12:59 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
A 2004 report from The American College of Pediatrics:

"Children reared in homosexual households are more likely to experience sexual confusion, practice homosexual behavior, and engage in sexual experimentation. Adolescents and young adults who adopt the homosexual lifestyle, like their adult counterparts, are at increased risk of mental health problems, including major depression, anxiety disorder, conduct disorder, substance dependence, and especially suicidal ideation and suicide attempts...
The research literature on childrearing by homosexual parents is limited. The environment in which children are reared is absolutely critical to their development. Given the current body of research, the American College of Pediatricians believes it is inappropriate, potentially hazardous to children, and dangerously irresponsible to change the age-old prohibition on homosexual parenting, whether by adoption, foster care, or by reproductive manipulation. This position is rooted in the best available science."

That's from 2004 when information on gays and children was shady at best. It's nine years later in 2013, I know people who were raised by gay couples and they aren't sexually confused at all. This notion that a child raised by a homosexual couple makes a child gay or confused is pure nonsense. Also last time I checked, gays aren't any more suicidal than straight people.

Last edited by 123JoeSchmo; 04/01/13 01:01 AM.

Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #707545
04/01/13 05:34 AM
04/01/13 05:34 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: fathersson

Answer this, oh smart ones. If Gay union is so right then how about the man who wants to take several wives, why would that be so wrong.

How about close family members bonded together if they want...

and why is it right for a single person to pay more taxes then a couple? Shouldn't everyone pay their fair share then. Why should they pay more.
Come on...let us take that ride down that slippery slope ....

Frankly, I've nothing against all of these marriages as long as parties to these marriages are consenting adults.

I suppose less tax for married people is a marriage incentive. That's only one of the marriage perks though, I'd say inheritance tax would be a double taxation and that's not really fair. Moreover, the visitation rights, the parenting rights, and the right to choose for one's spouse when they can't choose for themselves is more important. If you ask me, I'm not the one who would be advocating marriage incentives, but to be fair, I could see people living more positive and more fulfilling lives being married than being single. So a little tax incentive wouldn't kill anyone.

Re: DOMA [Re: jace] #707546
04/01/13 05:37 AM
04/01/13 05:37 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
It is not like being left handed. It is not like being near sighted, bow legged, or having a stutter. It's abnormal sex, and while not evil or dangerous it is sick enough to prevent adoption, and pushing selves into places like armed forces and boy scouts.

And I ask you again, did your parents have sex in front of you when you were a kid? I mean who does that? What makes a difference if a single father lives with a male relative at home? Would that make the kid confused as well? Sex has no place in raising children.

Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull