GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (m2w, British, joepuzzles234), 873 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,108
DE NIRO 44,955
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,557
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,613
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,844
Posts1,070,538
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708432
04/04/13 10:05 PM
04/04/13 10:05 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
An animal can't consent and neither can a child. That's why it can never be made legal. No consent means rape. Rape is a crime. Homosexuality is not.

I don't suggest that churches should reverse their doctrine and suddenly allow gay marriage if it's against their policy. However, I see nothing wrong with governments sanctioning civil ceremonies.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: DOMA [Re: Sicilian Babe] #708442
04/04/13 10:35 PM
04/04/13 10:35 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
An animal can't consent and neither can a child. That's why it can never be made legal. No consent means rape. Rape is a crime. Homosexuality is not.

I don't suggest that churches should reverse their doctrine and suddenly allow gay marriage if it's against their policy. However, I see nothing wrong with governments sanctioning civil ceremonies.

You're assuming "consent" will always be the measuring bar.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708445
04/04/13 10:40 PM
04/04/13 10:40 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Yes, because I have to believe that we are not going to degenerate to a race that lives in trees and throws their feces at one another.

If two people of the same sex are in a committed relationship, why should they be denied the rights of spousal relationships, mostly legal next of kin status?

Re: DOMA [Re: Sicilian Babe] #708447
04/04/13 10:53 PM
04/04/13 10:53 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Yes, because I have to believe that we are not going to degenerate to a race that lives in trees and throws their feces at one another.

Maybe you haven't noticed but we're a race who's been killing unborn children by the millions for decades now. People find ways to justify or excuse any number of atrocities.

Quote:
If two people of the same sex are in a committed relationship, why should they be denied the rights of spousal relationships, mostly legal next of kin status?

I'm personally not against them being in civil unions or domestic partnerships where hospitalization, medical care, fair housing and employment rights, probate, etc. are there. But society should not go as far as to label such unions marriage, thereby making them appear equal or the same.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708451
04/04/13 10:57 PM
04/04/13 10:57 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
If they are committed, and it is a civil union with all the rights you mentioned above, what is the difference between that and a heterosexual couple that goes to City Hall for their ceremony? It IS marriage, whatever you want to label it.

Re: DOMA [Re: Sicilian Babe] #708454
04/04/13 11:11 PM
04/04/13 11:11 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

If they are committed, and it is a civil union with all the rights you mentioned above, what is the difference between that and a heterosexual couple that goes to City Hall for their ceremony? It IS marriage, whatever you want to label it.

Even if a hetero couple gets married at City Hall, it's still viewed as a marriage. The point is, there needs to be a distinction made in the eyes of the law between the two, if only nominally.

Also of concern is what else this will lead into in terms of homosexuality being recognized and legitimized by society. We've already seen what's happened to Catholic charities because they wisely wouldn't allow gay couples to adopt children. "Other advocates of same-sex marriage are suggesting that tax exemptions and benefits be withdrawn from any religious organization that does not embrace same-sex unions. Public accommodation laws are already being used as leverage in an attempt to force religious organizations to allow marriage celebrations or receptions in religious facilities that are otherwise open to the public. Accrediting organizations in some instances are asserting pressure on religious schools and universities to provide married housing for same-sex couples. Student religious organizations are being told by some universities that they may lose their campus recognition and benefits if they exclude same-sex couples from club membership."

Supporters of gay marriage need to quit asking, "How does gay marriage effect you?" Because we're already seeing signs of it going from one thing to another once the can of worms is opened. And, if they were really honest, many supporters of gay marriage would admit they really wouldn't care if opponents of gay marriage were effected negatively. They'd probably relish it.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/04/13 11:12 PM.

Re: DOMA [Re: Sicilian Babe] #708458
04/04/13 11:51 PM
04/04/13 11:51 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

This is how white turns into black...One shade at a time!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: DOMA [Re: IvyLeague] #708459
04/04/13 11:52 PM
04/04/13 11:52 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
It's "affected".

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: DOMA [Re: Sicilian Babe] #708463
04/05/13 12:15 AM
04/05/13 12:15 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

Maybe because a committed relationship, is not recognize as marriage. it may be an element of it but so is roommates living together or a friend with benefits....words like mostly aren't getting you all the way there either.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708464
04/05/13 12:18 AM
04/05/13 12:18 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: fathersson
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Although it has been practiced in other cultures and religions in other parts of the world, as far as the issue at hand here in the U.S., polygamy (or plural marriage) was part of the Mormon religion back in the 1800's.

Now that is a thought...How has the rest of the world handled this Gay Marragie issue in other parts of the world....(I know, I know... we are not bound by what others do)So lets hear what you know.

wow.... still no words from around the world? This just can't be a U.S. problem....

Re: DOMA [Re: Danito] #708470
04/05/13 01:16 AM
04/05/13 01:16 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Danito
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Jace you miss the point. Incest reslts in demonstrable risk of birth defects...it is a health issue. Gay marriage is not. You are mixing apples and oranges. And BTW before you ask I have no problem with polygamy.

So far I found Jace's points ridiculous.
BUT: The health issue doesn't apply. You could make incestuous sex illegal and still have incestuos marriage legal.
Anyway, why would somebody want to marry someone closely related? Well, this is a dead end way of discussion.

My point is that the arguments for gay marriage are ridiculous, and can be used to justify anything, such as the the example I gave, incest between adults.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708488
04/05/13 05:44 AM
04/05/13 05:44 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Okay, now let's play the devil's advocate here, some say incestuous marriage should be illegal, because it results in genetic defects in the offspring. That's not always the case. Depends on the genome mapping of that family, if they have a certain defect in one of their genes, that surely would result in a defect in their offspring. However, if they have no defected genes, their bloodline actually becomes more stronger, having not been mixed with another that may have some defected genes. for instance if someone have the hemophilia gene, if they marry someone who doesn't have it, their offspring might carry the same defect. This way defects get more widespread throughout the society.

Some countries require any couples to go through certain genetic testing before marriage. They usually warn people not to marry if they both have the same genetic defects. I'm not sure if there's a place that would prevent them from marrying.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708490
04/05/13 05:57 AM
04/05/13 05:57 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Although it has been practiced in other cultures and religions in other parts of the world, as far as the issue at hand here in the U.S., polygamy (or plural marriage) was part of the Mormon religion back in the 1800's.

Now that is a thought...How has the rest of the world handled this Gay Marragie issue in other parts of the world....(I know, I know... we are not bound by what others do)So lets hear what you know.

wow.... still no words from around the world? This just can't be a U.S. problem....

I usually have a hard time understanding your posts or even worse your humor. You quote a post about polygamy, then ask from around the world how they handled gay marriage? Why don't you simply google? More than a handful of countries have legalized gay marriage. You could always check Wikipedia for details. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708492
04/05/13 06:02 AM
04/05/13 06:02 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Back to polygamy. I hope Ivy is in favor of two men one woman as well. grin

I mean when I say I support polygamy, I support this one as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8y019760Mk

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #708496
04/05/13 07:28 AM
04/05/13 07:28 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

I usually have a hard time understanding your posts or even worse your humor. You quote a post about polygamy, then ask from around the world how they handled gay marriage? Why don't you simply google? More than a handful of countries have legalized gay marriage. You could always check Wikipedia for details. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage

Sorry if you have had a problem understanding. It is simple...Ivy League asked about Polygamy in other parts of the world and I just wanted to know how the world handled the GAY Union problem in other parts of the world.

So tell me Afsaneh77, Do gay couples in your country have the rights that Gay Couples here are seeking?

By the way, I presented the question to expand the thoughts in this thread to others. It would have been nice if you had just offered the views from your own country and maybe some others from theirs.
I know we have several people on here across the world.

By the way, Thanks for the link.

Last edited by fathersson; 04/05/13 07:36 AM.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708497
04/05/13 07:45 AM
04/05/13 07:45 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I've said here many a time, they hang gays here. So how do you think the discussion about gay marriage would go here? ohwell

BTW, I feel like I need to explain more, they don't hang you if you say you are gay. They however would hang you if you confess to having homosexual intercourse, or there are witnesses to such acts that would testify.

Last edited by afsaneh77; 04/05/13 07:48 AM.

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #708498
04/05/13 08:31 AM
04/05/13 08:31 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
I've said here many a time, they hang gays here. So how do you think the discussion about gay marriage would go here? ohwell

BTW, I feel like I need to explain more, they don't hang you if you say you are gay. They however would hang you if you confess to having homosexual intercourse, or there are witnesses to such acts that would testify.

Damn. Now that is tuff...Then again Religon plays a major part over there. It sounds like the chance of any change coming in the future is nill.

Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708504
04/05/13 09:24 AM
04/05/13 09:24 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Damn. Now that is tuff...Then again Religon plays a major part over there. It sounds like the chance of any change coming in the future is nill.

That's the government. There's a huge gap between what government sanctions and what the youth today want the government to do. But I'm not sure even if the government suddenly changes, people be open to gay marriage here. Men are less homophobic, they kiss each other on the cheek here as a greeting, but I'm not sure they would be ready to have a discussion on gay marriage. Government was trying to push polygamy here, in the sense of religious form, one man, many women. People in big cities really rallied against it. They said it goes against the norm. Still they made it legal without the consent of the first wife and on the courts approval. Previously it was allowed only with the consent of the first wife, and well, that usually didn't happen. We are digressing from the topic though.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708505
04/05/13 09:26 AM
04/05/13 09:26 AM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline OP
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline OP
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
What country is this?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708506
04/05/13 09:28 AM
04/05/13 09:28 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Iran.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708507
04/05/13 09:31 AM
04/05/13 09:31 AM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Oh wow!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708510
04/05/13 09:44 AM
04/05/13 09:44 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

Maybe because a committed relationship, is not recognize as marriage. it may be an element of it but so is roommates living together or a friend with benefits....words like mostly aren't getting you all the way there either.

Yes, and it can't be legally recognized because it has not been legalized by any government agency as such. However, a heterosexual couple that decides to live their life this way is making a choice to do so. They CHOOSE not to get married. A homosexual couple HAS NO CHOICE. That's the difference.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708512
04/05/13 09:51 AM
04/05/13 09:51 AM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Why the CAPS! Why also can't they just live together in leave without having to cause a big STINK about EVERYTHING! There always clicking thier heels for attention! Why can't they go quietly about thier business like everyone else? It's always a parade! A march! A rally! A protest! A lawsuit!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708521
04/05/13 10:26 AM
04/05/13 10:26 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Why the CAPS! Why also can't they just live together in leave without having to cause a big STINK about EVERYTHING! There always clicking thier heels for attention! Why can't they go quietly about thier business like everyone else? It's always a parade! A march! A rally! A protest! A lawsuit!

Jeez it never ends

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708523
04/05/13 10:31 AM
04/05/13 10:31 AM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Dicknose, your married to another Man. Can we get your perspective on the issue? Have you two been happy? Neighbors cause you problems?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708528
04/05/13 10:58 AM
04/05/13 10:58 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Dicknose, your married to another Man. Can we get your perspective on the issue? Have you two been happy? Neighbors cause you problems?

I was hoping too marry you since your not married yet you made up everything you've ever told anyone on this board don't even get me started ...RESPECT & DP

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 04/05/13 10:58 AM.

Genovese Family."
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708529
04/05/13 11:01 AM
04/05/13 11:01 AM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
LOL! Your a jerkoff! Stress of going to jail for twenty years for robbing an old ladies house getting to you?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708530
04/05/13 11:10 AM
04/05/13 11:10 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Your a pathological liar n don't pm me shit noone believes you about your brother mother father etc...Your pretty sick n F'd up in the head to make up that kind of stuff and prey on people's sympathy....I don't need to say anymore ...RESPECT

Genovese Family."
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708531
04/05/13 11:12 AM
04/05/13 11:12 AM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
LOL! As fucked up as breaking into an old ladies house to rob her? Preying on people's sympathy! Your a joke. You've got zero intelligence so this is your method of discrediting me?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #708532
04/05/13 11:15 AM
04/05/13 11:15 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
No more warnings. You two have a history and should know better than this kind of crap. The fact that you don't (know better) is of no concern to me.

Your departures are imminent .... fasten your seatbelts.

Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull