GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 874 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,108
DE NIRO 44,955
J Geoff 31,302
Hollander 26,558
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,613
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,846
Posts1,070,557
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
Re: DOMA [Re: IvyLeague] #708939
04/07/13 03:30 AM
04/07/13 03:30 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
You're going on the erroneous assumption these churches only care about money. And who said nobody cares about sex before marriage? Last time I checked, that's still very much against the teachings of the church I belong to and can even get you ex-communicated. Sexual sins are considered next to murder in seriousness.

I'm not familiar with your church, but the church I attended for a while had members who had kids outside marriage and were not married. Do Catholic churches now excommunicate those who are divorced? I don't think so. There was one across our church, I never checked it out though.

And I'm more cynical about religion to think they only care about money. They also care about power. They change and adapt as they go on to keep their influence on the masses. I would actually think if religion stayed in its original form, we would be done with it long ago, and I liked it better. But religious leaders are wiser than sticking to the olden ways and go extinct. The only good thing that I see in religious communities is that there are people who look out for their community. That's a good spirit. If people would evolve to have a sense of community without religion, I'd have liked it so much more.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: DOMA [Re: IvyLeague] #708962
04/07/13 07:41 AM
04/07/13 07:41 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Despicable MSNBC host Krytal Ball (there's a name for you) exploiting her own daughter on this issue. Poor girl has no chance being brainwashed by this lunatic.

Talk about leading someone. 20 shades of GAY.... grooming is what others would call it.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: DOMA [Re: IvyLeague] #708963
04/07/13 07:45 AM
04/07/13 07:45 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
I don't think religious establishments would stay away from gay marriage for long. New generation would not have the same feelings about gay marriage as the old generation does. And religious establishments are always looking for new sources of donation, so if hating gays wouldn't sell anymore, why not include them? I don't think this is a "never" issue for church.

Maybe for some of the more "fad" churches but you won't see that in the Catholic, Mormon, more traditional Protestant, or Muslim religions.

Another great freedom here! Freedom of religon...
Don't we even have one that worships trees or something?

Last edited by fathersson; 04/07/13 07:46 AM.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #708964
04/07/13 08:02 AM
04/07/13 08:02 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Thank Al Gore! for the internet, as it has made it possible that WE have the same rights as you do when it comes to voicing our opinion. tongue

Doesn't make a difference here. If this is a closet, you are here as well. lol

I'll tell you what, we will send you Al Gore and maybe Denis Roadman and his wedding dress....this could be the spark you need to get you on the road out of the Internet closet and if act now we will send you that lady and her kid in the above video as a bonus lol

Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708965
04/07/13 08:09 AM
04/07/13 08:09 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: fathersson
Thank Al Gore! for the internet, as it has made it possible that WE have the same rights as you do when it comes to voicing our opinion. tongue

I'll tell you what, we will send you Al Gore and maybe Denis Roadman and his wedding dress....this could be the spark you need to get you on the road out of the Internet closet and if act now we will send you that lady and her kid in the above video as a bonus lol

I never get your humor. Anyway, you called this a closet, I didn't. I'd rather you did something for yourself first and got out. tongue

Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708967
04/07/13 08:25 AM
04/07/13 08:25 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Despicable MSNBC host Krytal Ball (there's a name for you) exploiting her own daughter on this issue. Poor girl has no chance being brainwashed by this lunatic.

Talk about leading someone. 20 shades of GAY.... grooming is what others would call it.

Wow, so it's only okay when others teach their children that gay marriage is wrong, but not for those who think it's right? They don't get to talk about such stuff with their children or children of like minded parents?

So where is this religious freedom you were talking about? For someone who is so enthusiastic about religious freedoms, you don't have any respect for the right of those with different religious values, do you? I wonder what you have done for this right that you keep bragging about, except being born into it and by the looks of it, hating it. ohwell

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #708970
04/07/13 08:37 AM
04/07/13 08:37 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

I never get your humor. Anyway, you called this a closet, I didn't. I'd rather you did something for yourself first and got out. tongue

Maybe over there you don't understand the closet term, but I thought you would since you lived here in the United States at one time....NO?

That would explain why you don't get the humor.

I'm not myself Gay and if I were I would never have been be in the closet. I am soooo upfront and speak right out as you can see.

I have to run, right now, so maybe someone here will explain the term to ya! and then you will get the humor more. smile

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #708972
04/07/13 08:44 AM
04/07/13 08:44 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

Wow, so it's only okay when others teach their children that gay marriage is wrong, but not for those who think it's right? They don't get to talk about such stuff with their children or children of like minded parents?

So where is this religious freedom you were talking about? For someone who is so enthusiastic about religious freedoms, you don't have any respect for the right of those with different religious values, do you? I wonder what you have done for this right that you keep bragging about, except being born into it and by the looks of it, hating it. ohwell

Damn, I am in a hurry but I just have to say....using a little child like this is just plain wrong, leading a little child to get the answer you want to make your point and then running on the interent the way she does cheapens the meaning for what she is doing to get out, just like OBAMA bringing the families from CT into the floors to put pressure on people.

I have to run, I will post later..bye

Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708975
04/07/13 09:06 AM
04/07/13 09:06 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Maybe over there you don't understand the closet term, but I thought you would since you lived here in the United States at one time....NO?

That would explain why you don't get the humor.

I'm not myself Gay and if I were I would never have been be in the closet. I am soooo upfront and speak right out as you can see.

I have to run, right now, so maybe someone here will explain the term to ya! and then you will get the humor more. smile

I get that perfectly fine, and yet, I see no humor in your post.

PS: Are you suggesting that I'm gay and I'm in an Internet closet, and somehow these two can make me come out of the internet closet and that's somehow humorous? Cause I'm out of ideas, and I see no humor in this.

Last edited by afsaneh77; 04/07/13 09:28 AM.

Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708976
04/07/13 09:12 AM
04/07/13 09:12 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Damn, I am in a hurry but I just have to say....using a little child like this is just plain wrong, leading a little child to get the answer you want to make your point and then running on the interent the way she does cheapens the meaning for what she is doing to get out, just like OBAMA bringing the families from CT into the floors to put pressure on people.

I have to run, I will post later..bye

This looks like an educational program for kids, just like your average Sunday school. She is trying to educate little children about gay marriage. Just because you disagree with her, doesn't mean it's cheap.

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #708987
04/07/13 10:44 AM
04/07/13 10:44 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

PS: Are you suggesting that I'm gay and I'm in an Internet closet, and somehow these two can make me come out of the internet closet and that's somehow humorous? Cause I'm out of ideas, and I see no humor in this.

Well, If you didn't ready negativity into every post just because some of us aren't jumping up and down agreeing with your views you would see the humor, but I think your passion for your opinion blinds you in many ways.

I am not saying you are Gay! ! ! AND since you say you understand what being in the closet means then you should understand that I mean: Since people there can not be openly Gay there or I take it
(please correct me if I am wrong) demonstrate or openly support Gay rights in the street/ political forums, then your views there are in the closet.

But here on the Interent you can come out of the closet as the expression goes and cheerlead the cause without the fear you would if you were on your own streets. NO?

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #708989
04/07/13 10:55 AM
04/07/13 10:55 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

This looks like an educational program for kids, just like your average Sunday school. She is trying to educate little children about gay marriage. Just because you disagree with her, doesn't mean it's cheap.

Not that I disagree with her message that is for sure! I don't like the way she is doing it. If you want to justify in those terms fine..I don't see it that way myself.
"Judge, I object, she is leading the witness" screams out to me. Anyone other TV lawyers see it this way? Again it is not the message it is the way she is getting the girl to answer the question to make her point.

Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708990
04/07/13 10:57 AM
04/07/13 10:57 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Well, If you didn't ready negativity into every post just because some of us aren't jumping up and down agreeing with your views you would see the humor, but I think your passion for your opinion blinds you in many ways.

I am not saying you are Gay! ! ! AND since you say you understand what being in the closet means then you should understand that I mean: Since people there can not be openly Gay there or I take it
(please correct me if I am wrong) demonstrate or openly support Gay rights in the street/ political forums, then your views there are in the closet.

But here on the Interent you can come out of the closet as the expression goes and cheerlead the cause without the fear you would if you were on your own streets. NO?

So why are you interested in the openness of my views in the streets or political forums in Iran? And how those two are gonna help my views over here to come out? And what's funny about this? There's nothing funny about what you said. As I said before, I hardly ever get your jokes.

However, the reason I look at your posts so negatively, is that you've been so passive aggressively jumped on any chance to remind me that I was born somewhere that we have no freedom, as if you have somehow earned yours. You were just born in this situation as well.

Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708991
04/07/13 11:02 AM
04/07/13 11:02 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Not that I disagree with her message that is for sure! I don't like the way she is doing it. If you want to justify in those terms fine..I don't see it that way myself.
"Judge, I object, she is leading the witness" screams out to me. Anyone other TV lawyers see it this way? Again it is not the message it is the way she is getting the girl to answer the question to make her point.

Except you are on the other side, so you would shout objection. If I'm the judge, I just overrule it.

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #708992
04/07/13 11:17 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

So why are you interested in the openness of my views in the streets or political forums in Iran? And how those two are gonna help my views over here to come out? And what's funny about this? There's nothing funny about what you said. As I said before, I hardly ever get your jokes.

However, the reason I look at your posts so negatively, is that you've been so passive aggressively jumped on any chance to remind me that I was born somewhere that we have no freedom, as if you have somehow earned yours. You were just born in this situation as well.

Your right, I feel sorry for you and everyone else over there, I hate to think what it is like to live under that kind of world. And maybe that is why you are so over passion about your views because as I said before you can't against your own opponants over there. I am not pointing this out to you to hurt you, just explaining why I think that way.
I don't dislike you because you were born there, and I hope you wouldn't dislike us here for the same reason.
Your mistaken that we haven't earned our freedom here
, our history would say otherwise, and many different times including my own family in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. I have two cousins who have served in our latest conflict. And two over in Germany serving there. I don't think any one here takes our freedoms for granted and our country does more then it's fair share to help other countries to better theirs. And boy do we take grief from other countrys as you very well know.We are viewed as evil villians.

Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708993
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel

Religious freedom dictates you can believer, and teach your children that gay marriage is right, wrong, or neither. Same with pre marital sex, and a panoply of other issues. The main difference between what the USA SHOULD BE (but often is not) and what we perceive Iran to be is that religious views permeate the secular area. What right wingers in the US do not seem to get is that on issues like abortion, gay marriage, and a panoply of others, the freedom to hold one religious belief or another has nothing to do what is permissable in the secular world. For example if gay marriage is legal in one or more states, it does not mean the government can compel, say the Catholic church to perform gay marriages.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: DOMA [Re: fathersson] #708994
04/07/13 11:27 AM
04/07/13 11:27 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Your right, I feel sorry for you and everyone else over there, I hate to think what it is like to live under that kind of world. And maybe that is why you are so over passion about your views because as I said before you can't against your own opponants over there. I am not pointing this out to you to hurt you, just explaining why I think that way.
I don't dislike you because you were born there, and I hope you wouldn't dislike us here for the same reason.
Your mistaken that we haven't earned our freedom here
, our history would say otherwise, and many different times including my own family in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. I have two cousins who have served in our latest conflict. And two over in Germany serving there. I don't think any one here takes our freedoms for granted and our country does more then it's fair share to help other countries to better theirs. And boy do we take grief from other countrys as you very well know.We are viewed as evil villians.

First of all, please don't feel sorry for me. Instead answer my questions as to what that joke was about, because the way you behaved, was as despicable as a rich kid making fun of a poor kid. And please don't take pride in what your forefathers or your family have done, you've not earned that yourself, just as a rich kid has not earned what his parents have. You were just born in the US, as I was born in Iran and you don't get to shame me for not having rights or freedom. So please don't change the subject with the history lesson, or make my remark about you into a rant of an average middle eastern about a villain american. For once, take responsibility for what you, yourself and not the rest of country did to another human being. Too dramatic? yeah I suppose.

Re: DOMA [Re: afsaneh77] #709074
04/07/13 08:06 PM
04/07/13 08:06 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
OK. your angry, your mind is closed and you want to strike back- fine I take it all back. You have found a reason to twist aside everything I say with a hatefull negative view. To bad you don't know the real truth about me or my family which I am not worthy to talk about or what I do stand for or about.
There is nothing else I can say that you will not twist, so I will be happy to let it drop. Feel free to do the same and/or bypass anything I post.
Peace

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #709103
04/08/13 12:39 AM
04/08/13 12:39 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
The media is downplaying anything that would hurt this gay marriage nonsense, and apparently criminal justice system in some places is too.

How is it that this story has been so unknown to most? No hour long specials with Anderson Cooper on these two men.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/gay-conn-couple-accused-rape-face-trial-article-1.1310010

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #709272
04/08/13 05:10 PM
04/08/13 05:10 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Because it has no bearing on gay marriage. Do you think there are no heterosexual married couples that foster or adopt children and then sexually molest them? There are plenty. Would an article about a heterosexual couple that molested their adopted child cause you to have second thoughts about all marriages???

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: DOMA [Re: Sicilian Babe] #709281
04/08/13 06:34 PM
04/08/13 06:34 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Babe, I think that many posts about this subject are a function of emotion and/or based on anecdotal information. Some of the objections to gay relationships, sexual practices, and marriage as expressed on this Board (or otherwise) are glandular. I remember a Cheers episode when it was Carla (I think) who expressed her sentiment about some type of relationship as "eww". I think that several of our Board members have that sentiment toward gay people and/or gay sexual practices, and/or gay marriage.

Despite a plethora of words posted in this thread, I 've not read any that state how gay marriage does or would affect non-gay marriage.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: DOMA [Re: olivant] #709310
04/08/13 09:35 PM
04/08/13 09:35 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: olivant
Babe, I think that many posts about this subject are a function of emotion and/or based on anecdotal information. Some of the objections to gay relationships, sexual practices, and marriage as expressed on this Board (or otherwise) are glandular. I remember a Cheers episode when it was Carla (I think) who expressed her sentiment about some type of relationship as "eww". I think that several of our Board members have that sentiment toward gay people and/or gay sexual practices, and/or gay marriage.

Despite a plethora of words posted in this thread, I 've not read any that state how gay marriage does or would affect non-gay marriage.

Because they can't. Despite what many will claim, the United States is not a Christian nation. The seperation of church and state means the government cannot institute a national religion, and the government cannot interfer with the citizens' freedom of religion. Most are against because their faith tells them to be. And that is fine, just own up to it. But the bottom line is this, religious faith has no place in law making (see above explanation.)

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #709311
04/08/13 10:09 PM
04/08/13 10:09 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

So where is this religious freedom you were talking about? For someone who is so enthusiastic about religious freedoms, you don't have any respect for the right of those with different religious values, do you? I wonder what you have done for this right that you keep bragging about, except being born into it and by the looks of it, hating it.

While her filling her child's head with this garbage is disgusting and shameful, it's more about her exploiting her daughter almost as a prop here.

First of all, if you were 100% honest (which I'm not expecting) you'd admit that homosexual behavior between two guys disgusts you too. As even Dr. Drew said one time, it's basically a biological reaction of straight males when they see that stuff. So, unless you're gay yourself, you're going to have that gut reaction. You can pretend to be all enlightened and everything but it's BS.

Second, I posted an article containing several solid arguments against gay marriage, including how it would effect society. But my guess is, you didn't even bother to read it. If you were honest, you'd admit it doesn't matter how many good arguments people give you. You're steeped in this sick, liberal ideology and your mind is made up.

Originally Posted By: XDCX
Because they can't. Despite what many will claim, the United States is not a Christian nation. The seperation of church and state means the government cannot institute a national religion, and the government cannot interfer with the citizens' freedom of religion. Most are against because their faith tells them to be. And that is fine, just own up to it. But the bottom line is this, religious faith has no place in law making (see above explanation.)

I'm certainly against it because my religion is. But that's not the only reason. Even if I totally took my religion out of the equation, I'd still be against it. It comes down to common sense. Two men or two women being married? That people even take such an absurd idea seriously shows how bad it's gotten.

And don't give me that crap about "religious faith" has no place in law making. Despite what you secular liberals say, that's NOT what "separation of church and state" means. You just twist and pervert the meaning of that in order to marginalize religion as much as possible.

And by the way, as much as you may hate it, the U.S. is mostly a Christian nation in terms of population.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/08/13 10:10 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #709313
04/08/13 10:17 PM
04/08/13 10:17 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
I don't have a problem with religion or people who follow it, some of my good friends are Christian and go to church. But it has absolutely NO place in government or law making. Society's based on religious law are never stable or tolerant, *cough Iran. But it goes both ways, no government should tell people what religion to follow. That's the reason why many emigrated to America in the first place.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: DOMA [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #709318
04/08/13 10:29 PM
04/08/13 10:29 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
I don't have a problem with religion or people who follow it, some of my good friends are Christian and go to church. But it has absolutely NO place in government or law making. Society's based on religious law are never stable or tolerant, *cough Iran. But it goes both ways, no government should tell people what religion to follow. That's the reason why many emigrated to America in the first place.

Many people in government are religious and that has shaped and influenced how they grew up, how they think, how they view things, etc. And so naturally that's going to influence, to one degree or another, how they make laws. That's just a fact. Well, that's if they actually take their religion seriously. It's obvious a Catholic like Paul Ryan takes his religion seriously, while a Catholic like Joe Biden simply plays the game and couldn't care less about it. Just like the guy he works for. Anyway, to say "religion has no place" in law making just isn't practical. Meanwhile, the flip side to that coin is that you're basically saying any hair-brained idea a secular liberal comes up is OK simply because it's not influenced by religion.

"Separation of church and state" means one thing - we don't have a state church like the Church of England. Everything beyond that is the result of secular liberal and activist judges trying to marginalize religion as much as possible because they can't stamp it out completely.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #709322
04/08/13 10:39 PM
04/08/13 10:39 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Ivy if someone is religious good for them. I have an uncle that used Christianity to quit drinking and I applaud him for it. But I object to religion influencing our laws and decisions. Religion should be outside of the pentagon and Capitol hill. You make your decisions based on political beliefs and the laws already in place. If we used the bible as a blue print for our nation we would be walking backwards to the bronze age.

On another note ivy I don't think every idea a "liberal" comes up with is ok quite the opposite, my views economically lean conservative. In fact the super left annoys me as much as the super right. Both sides are awful at times. But I don't like movements like the tea party because it appeals to a small base of Americans, is extreme in their economic and religious views and would have Christianity play an important part in our government. That to me and many people including republicans is dangerous

Re: DOMA [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #709323
04/08/13 10:51 PM
04/08/13 10:51 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Ivy if someone is religious good for them. I have an uncle that used Christianity to quit drinking and I applaud him for it. But I object to religion influencing our laws and decisions. Religion should be outside of the pentagon and Capitol hill. You make your decisions based on political beliefs and the laws already in place. If we used the bible as a blue print for our nation we would be walking backwards to the bronze age.

On another note ivy I don't think every idea a "liberal" comes up with is ok quite the opposite, my views economically lean conservative. In fact the super left annoys me as much as the super right. Both sides are awful at times. But I don't like movements like the tea party because it appeals to a small base of Americans, is extreme in their economic and religious views and would have Christianity play an important part in our government. That to me and many people including republicans is dangerous

I'm not saying we use the Bible as a blueprint. But to completely throw certain religious influences out the window isn't practical. Even now, our laws against theft and murder, stem originally from "Thou shalt not steal" and "Thou shalt not kill."

Heck, even the secular liberal like Obama and Biden know they can't throw religion out the window. Why do you think they go to church and act like they really believe?

Re: DOMA [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #709326
04/08/13 10:58 PM
04/08/13 10:58 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Joe, I appreciate your posts. They are reasonable and minimize or eschew emotional expression when such expression and adamancy lends nothing to debate. As I posted above, some posters have a glandular need to emote on the Board; thankfully you don't.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #709329
04/08/13 11:04 PM
04/08/13 11:04 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
I wouldn't totally disagree with that statement. A lot of the founding fathers were religious and certainly some judeo-Christian ethics were adopted into the constitution. But when people try to argue that the USA is a "Christian nation" that's stretching it too far. Our independence and government was based more off the ideas of the enlightenment and the English government than God.

And I do concur Obama is not what you would call a "true christian" in the practicing sense. I believe he's only actively saying he is just to calm the misgivings of some people thinking he's Muslim which of course is ridiculous

Re: DOMA [Re: olivant] #709330
04/08/13 11:07 PM
04/08/13 11:07 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

Joe, I appreciate your posts. They are reasonable and minimize or eschew emotional expression when such expression and adamancy lends nothing to debate. As I posted above, some posters have a glandular need to emote on the Board; thankfully you don't.

Thank you olivant. I appreciate your kind words. I'm not perfect, many times I've let my temper get the best of me especially on this subject but I try to be civil. Frankly, I'm glad this debate has cooled down

Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull