And I find that people who bring up the 2nd Amendment often forget these three little words - "Well-regulated militia". Also, while the Supreme Court upheld that the 2nd Amendment guaranteed citizens the right to bear arms, it also said that doesn't mean they can carry any weapon they want for any reason they want. In other words, it doesn't promise that there won't be restrictions on the types of weapons the law allows.

Although I have asked this question over and over again, nobody seems to want to answer it. The US is one of the leaders in the world re: annual number of gun deaths per 100,000 people. Is it because of our gun laws or are we a more inherently violent people? Do we change the psychology of the country or the control on such weapons?

For example, in this chart, it compares the number of gun deaths in the US to those of other countries - France, Spain, Germany, Italy, India, Iceland, The Netherlands, the UK, Sweden, Austria, Australia, Portugal, Sweden, Israel, Czech Republic and several more. If you added up the number of deaths in all the other countries combined, you would not equal the number of gun deaths in the US. So, again, is it because we are a more violent or pathologically ill population, or do these countries have more restrictions? I don't know the answer, I don't even have a hypothesis, but whatever we're doing now is not working.

Gun deaths in the US vs. other countries

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club