GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Toodoped, Ciment, Irishman12, Trojan, 1 invisible), 861 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,026
DE NIRO 44,954
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,450
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,834
Posts1,070,178
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29
Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #714070
05/05/13 01:32 PM
05/05/13 01:32 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Originally Posted By: fathersson
Whoa, before you go off in another direction. Do you now understand that I was NOT talking about you or your family. Do you ackowledge this?

Did you go back and read about what we have already said about Background checks or are you just demanding to be heard and want people to jump to your questions? I post say: May 1st 2:19 PM why not.. Why not check that post out and others peoples thoughts.

Why do you worry so much and make so many comments about how people post vs. what their posts points are?
Why not just make your point clear instead of attacking a persons post pattern. It is quite noticable that you have had some education with your terms about the way people post. Good for you, but it doesn't help your point and comes across as an attack.

Facts, it is facts what will make your point. And I say POINT not argument because that sounds mad

Now back to your last post. Your Sandy Hook shooter would not have been stopped by a Backgrond Check, How could he. He didn't have a License, he didn't own a gun. And as pointed out before he stole his weapons. Just the way most criminals get theirs.

Backgrounds checks are done on the individual person applying for a weapon or license. Should "hard core" mental person get a license or permit- NO

He stole his mother's weapons- a major mistake made on her part for not keeping them safely away. But as I have said before she paid with her life for making those mistakes.

And I will make this statement. I don't want new laws made on someone FEELINGS. OR "if it would save on person concept."

People have to stop trying to solve these problems by taking good peoples rights away as an easy answer to a tuff problem no matter what their feeling are. And the worst happens when the ones who whine the most don't have any skin in the game so they don't care to give others rights away. It is that simple.

The real laugh are those who think we have to "GIVE" reasons to own and have guns.

You know what, forget about that. Next time I wouldn't tell you that the way you worded your argument is screwed up, I just do the same thing I did in my last post. It's not a noble thing to do, but I'm not beyond that obviously.

As for your argument, yeah, this may not stop mass murderers in many of those mass shootings. It wouldn't have stopped Sandy Hook. It wouldn't have stopped Aurora. It wouldn't have stopped Columbine. For those situations, the part of that bill concerning magazine sizes must have stayed intact, which it didn't unfortunately. That would have made a lot of difference.

However, background checks would make it harder for people with records to get guns, which would ultimately reduce the number of gun deaths. FF made it clear that many places already do background checks. So it wouldn't affect them, it would only enforce that in places that there has not been mandatory background checks. So again, why are you against that?

I am trying to be nice to you...but the answer to my post :You know what, forget about that: doesn't tell me that you understand my point about you and your family, or about posting styles VS making the poster point count.
And what really gets to me is that you refuse to go back and look at the post where I told you the answwer is...and there is a great post by TURNBULL also right after mine with his thoughts...check it out.
No you just keep asking the same question. Please go look...thank-you in advance.

BTW- for your info -people with records do not hold permits to own guns, They lose the right when they go to jail in must cases. This may help you understand that post that you should go back and read! wink

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Gun Control [Re: Danito] #714074
05/05/13 01:47 PM
05/05/13 01:47 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: Danito

Don't you think it's easier to kill a person with a gun than with a knife?

Every household has multiple knives capable of inflicting fatal wounds. Not every household has guns. A large percentage of homicides are "crimes of passion," in which the perp reaches for the nearest available weapon.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #714076
05/05/13 01:48 PM
05/05/13 01:48 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I am trying to be nice to you...but the answer to my post :You know what, forget about that: doesn't tell me that you understand my point about you and your family, or about posting styles VS making the poster point count.
And what really gets to me is that you refuse to go back and look at the post where I told you the answwer is...and there is a great post by TURNBULL also right after mine with his thoughts...check it out.
No you just keep asking the same question. Please go look...thank-you in advance.

BTW- for your info -people with records do not hold permits to own guns, They lose the right when they go to jail in must cases. This may help you understand that post that you should go back and read! wink

I already said how I felt about that message. You know, stop being nice and patronizing, I would stomach that so much better. You posted a message from May 1st, by then I had already joined the debate. If your grand argument came then, I didn't lose anything. I also had read the Turnbull's post right after he posted it. And he said that unlike you, he had no problem submitting to a background check. You on the other hand, never said why you are against background checks or what harm could it bring about. Give it time, compare numbers after a period of time. If it didn't change the number of gun related deaths, then we could agree that mandatory background checks are useless.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Gun Control [Re: Turnbull] #714078
05/05/13 01:50 PM
05/05/13 01:50 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Every household has multiple knives capable of inflicting fatal wounds. Not every household has guns. A large percentage of homicides are "crimes of passion," in which the perp reaches for the nearest available weapon.

Again, I rarely post in this thread because no one is going to budge. But that's exactly what I was trying to point out yesterday when I posted about about knife murders in the UK. My point was that angry, violent people are going to kill people with whatever is handy. That's all.

And I'm still looking for a RELIABLE stat on the percentage of murders committed with knives, or baseball bats for that matter, here in the United States.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gun Control [Re: Turnbull] #714080
05/05/13 01:52 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

And yet the percentage of knife related deaths is 13%, compared to 67% that is due to gun related deaths.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/baseballbats.asp

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #714081
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
i just want to put it out there one last time: the only sales that do not require a backround check are private sales in states in which those sales are allowed, be it at a gun show, private residence, whatever. there is no such thing as an online purchase without a backround check. to simplify things, the real issue is whether or not to allow private sales.

i also have a huge problem with that whole "40% of guns are sold without a backround check" talking point constantly hammered down our throats by the liberal media. how to you even come up with a number like that? if a sale is private, there is no record of it, thus how would there be a way to add these numbers up? to come out with a stat like that is nothing more than an attempt to influence those who are unable to even scratch the surface of the issue, a common tactic used by politicians on both sides on numerous issues which plays right into the hands of the modern dumbed down american, a real shame!

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 05/05/13 01:56 PM.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #714084
05/05/13 02:08 PM
05/05/13 02:08 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
And I'm still looking for a RELIABLE stat on the percentage of murders committed with knives, or baseball bats for that matter, here in the United States.

Provided by snopes, this is link to the tabulated FBI data:

http://ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/ezashr/asp/off_selection.asp

In either of those crosstabs (victim or offender) choose the year of incident, then choose the weapon used and press the "show table" button. It gives you numbers relating to each deaths in that year.

Last edited by afsaneh77; 05/05/13 02:11 PM.

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #714086
05/05/13 02:13 PM
05/05/13 02:13 PM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
Original geschrieben von: fathersson
because I do know the truth

This is the attitude where generally a discussion stops. If I'm not ready to change my mind, why should I enter such a discussion.
We all know that the topic here is so complex, because it includes facts and emotions. There are no simple truth. This is not two plus two.
I, for example, am pretty much convinced about my point of view on this matter. Still, I want to understand, why it is that people in the US love their guns so much that this love is stronger that they are willing to take chances.

But I heard the "I know the truth" attitude for decades. You know where? In communist East Germany. And I think Afsaneh also comes across this attitude in her everyday life...

Re: Gun Control [Re: Danito] #714088
05/05/13 02:18 PM
05/05/13 02:18 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I think Afsaneh also comes across this attitude in her everyday life...

Tell me about it. ohwell

Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #714094
05/05/13 02:32 PM
05/05/13 02:32 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
[ I also had read the Turnbull's post right after he posted it. And he said that unlike you, he had no problem submitting to a background check. You on the other hand, never said why you are against background checks or what harm could it bring about. Give it time, compare numbers after a period of time. If it didn't change the number of gun related deaths, then we could agree that mandatory background checks are useless.

Here you remember Turnbull's post because it agrees for you but you can't seem to remeber mine before it.

TURNBULLS: My view: although expanded background checks would not have prevented the CT horror, they might--just might--prevent some people who shouldn't have firearms from buying them. As a law-abiding gun owner and a CCW holder, I would not have objected to submitting to a background check at a gun show.

For me "just might" isn't a good enough reason, just like "if it save just one life"

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

I guess all those law enforcement types who favor background checks (NOT Gun Control) don't know what they are talking about.

Well, lets see who they are then. Would love to put an expert name to your statement.

I see you like to keep throwing this up...We already have checks here in NEW YORK STATE and many other states, but it is thrown around like "Checks" are the big crime stopper. More like the answer if they aren't going to ban all those scary rifles....lets feel safe and do background checks.

You do understand that a background check no matter how many you do is not going to keep a gun from a crimal right?

FBI states that 9 out 0f 10 weapons used are stolen or not register to people

Excuse me- to the right people-

There that is why!

And let me give a few more reasons:

1)We already have gone thru checks to get a permit. license and purchase of guns already,

2)No Money for the people to handle yet another group of checks.
They already have a two year wait just to get your permts in some areas so how far back do you want people tp wait while you add more hurdles

And the most important thing to remember:
IT is not going to keep a gun from a crimal.
PROVEN FACT!

Now you know - for sure! wink

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #714098
05/05/13 03:02 PM
05/05/13 03:02 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
[ I also had read the Turnbull's post right after he posted it. And he said that unlike you, he had no problem submitting to a background check. You on the other hand, never said why you are against background checks or what harm could it bring about. Give it time, compare numbers after a period of time. If it didn't change the number of gun related deaths, then we could agree that mandatory background checks are useless.

Here you remember Turnbull's post because it agrees for you but you can't seem to remeber mine before it.

TURNBULLS: My view: although expanded background checks would not have prevented the CT horror, they might--just might--prevent some people who shouldn't have firearms from buying them. As a law-abiding gun owner and a CCW holder, I would not have objected to submitting to a background check at a gun show.

For me "just might" isn't a good enough reason, just like "if it save just one life"

I guess all those law enforcement types who favor background checks (NOT Gun Control) don't know what they are talking about.

Well, lets see who they are then. Would love to put an expert name to your statement.

I see you like to keep throwing this up...We already have checks here in NEW YORK STATE and many other states, but it is thrown around like "Checks" are the big crime stopper. More like the answer if they aren't going to ban all those scary rifles....lets feel safe and do background checks.

You do understand that a background check no matter how many you do is not going to keep a gun from a crimal right?

There that is why!

1)We already have gone thru checks to get a permit. license and purchase of guns already,

They already have a two year wait just to get your permts in some areas so how far back do you want people tp wait while you add more hurdles

PROVEN FACT!

You don't have to repost your posts after that date, I was here by then. I read them all. So what if it is not good enough for you if that would save a life? It's good enough for the rest of us who are obviously here debating in this bill's favor.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Danito] #714099
05/05/13 03:14 PM
05/05/13 03:14 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
because I do know the truth

This is the attitude where generally a discussion stops. If I'm not ready to change my mind, why should I enter such a discussion.
We all know that the topic here is so complex, because it includes facts and emotions. There are no simple truth. This is not two plus two.
I, for example, am pretty much convinced about my point of view on this matter. Still, I want to understand, why it is that people in the US love their guns so much that this love is stronger that they are willing to take chances.

But I heard the "I know the truth" attitude for decades. You know where? In communist East Germany. And I think Afsaneh also comes across this attitude in her everyday life...

Attitude, You wory about that..... sure, we may SEEM to give it..when PEOPLE DON"T LISTEN or come back with emotions for reasons instead of facts....
....after we explain things ten times.
Lets make this clear here --- EMOTIONS shouldn't be reasons for making new laws.

You know what I see: a group of people who almost demand that gun owners explain why they should have the right to keep/own and use their guns. We should answer and explain EVERY (sometimes dumb) reason or emotion they come across with, Yet the major reason for them is- GUNS KILL PEOPLE- that is why.
AND yes, bad people do use them for bad things. We know that. BUT, that is no reasion for others to lose their rights to them or jump thru more hoops to make other peoples happy. ENFORCE the laws that we already have, which they haven't done.

You don't see people going after Govt. to enforce those laws do you....put the blame where it belongs with the criminals, chase them down, Gangs, Drug Dealers, Muggers, Home Invadors and any other person who commits crimes with a gun or other weapons. Make their sentenses so hard and long that they never see the outside instead of a revoling door.

They yelled out for a vote...showed little kids and used them as a center peice of emotion that couldn't be argued with...we deserve a vote- They got their vote they went down and they didn't like the outcome.

Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #714100
05/05/13 03:18 PM
05/05/13 03:18 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

There that is why!

PROVEN FACT!

You don't have to repost your posts after that date, I was here by then. I read them all. So what if it is not good enough for you if that would save a life? It's good enough for the rest of us who are obviously here debating in this bill's favor.

Why, why, why,...just like I thought. frown

I think my last post explains that for ya. lol
to a tee lol lol

Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #714101
05/05/13 03:20 PM
05/05/13 03:20 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
It's good enough for the rest of us who are obviously here in this bill's favor.

lets be honest here for a second. you, along with many others here, are in favor of any and all bills restricting guns, no matter how minor or major. you don't have a horse in the race, so in reality it doesn't matter what is proposed, as long as its restrictive you will be in favor of it. this is the reason that so many in the firearms community are fed up, enough's enough. alot of people have reached their line in the sand, and are going to stand firmly. no more restrictions, not a single one.

the truth is, no matter if this bill passed or not, there would be a certain group already working on the next bill, and the next, and so on. we have heard it from the presidents own mouth, as well as many other politicians, this is only the beginning. its never going to be good enough for some until all of the guns are gone, and anybody arguing thats not the case in living in a fantasy world.

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #714102
05/05/13 03:21 PM
05/05/13 03:21 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
to a tee lol lol

More than it needed to frankly. You admitted twice already that less deaths, when happen in insignificant numbers, shouldn't inconvenience you into a longer waiting period to get your gun. We all got that. rolleyes

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #714103
05/05/13 03:24 PM
05/05/13 03:24 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Very good post Fathersson

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #714105
05/05/13 03:25 PM
05/05/13 03:25 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
It's good enough for the rest of us who are obviously here in this bill's favor.

lets be honest here for a second. you, along with many others here, are in favor of any and all bills restricting guns, no matter how minor or major. you don't have a horse in the race, so in reality it doesn't matter what is proposed, as long as its restrictive you will be in favor of it. this is the reason that so many in the firearms community are fed up, enough's enough. alot of people have reached their line in the sand, and are going to stand firmly. no more restrictions, not a single one.

the truth is, no matter if this bill passed or not, there would be a certain group already working on the next bill, and the next, and so on. we have heard it from the presidents own mouth, as well as many other politicians, this is only the beginning. its never going to be good enough for some until all of the guns are gone, and anybody arguing thats not the case in living in a fantasy world.

A-MEN I couldn't have siad it better!

But, it will be wasted on deaf ears or return with snide remarks! But a great post....

Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #714110
05/05/13 03:40 PM
05/05/13 03:40 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

If you want honesty, here it is. My beloved Maher said that he thinks the 2nd amendment is bullshit. I wouldn't really go that far. I think it is not such a bad idea to be able to defend yourself and not have to wait for the police. But honestly, I'm not sure if you need an arsenal to do that. Who is going to attack my house, the mexican drug cartel? panic

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #714112
05/05/13 03:52 PM
05/05/13 03:52 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
The 2nd amendment is there for a reason. In my own opinion assault rifles should be banned as no one outside the military needs them. But aside from that I'm with fathersson. People have the right to be armed, they have a responsibility in doing so which should not to be taken lightly. At the same time I would like to see more enforcement of the laws we already have in place. I understand that Arizona has a very good system in place regarding permits and background checks.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #714113
05/05/13 03:54 PM
05/05/13 03:54 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
to a tee lol lol

More than it needed to frankly. You admitted twice already that less deaths, when happen in insignificant numbers, shouldn't inconvenience you into a longer waiting period to get your gun. We all got that. rolleyes

If that is all you got from that post ---so be it lol

Like I said Five- Deaf Ears! or as my parents say- SELECTIVE HEARING! lol lol

Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #714114
05/05/13 03:56 PM
05/05/13 03:56 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

If you want honesty, here it is. My beloved Maher said that he thinks the 2nd amendment is bullshit. I wouldn't really go that far. I think it is not such a bad idea to be able to defend yourself and not have to wait for the police. But honestly, I'm not sure if you need an arsenal to do that. Who is going to attack my house, the mexican drug cartel? panic

May I ask what or who is a beloved "MAHER" confused
an Iranian leader? Holy Man?
Teacher? ???

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #714115
05/05/13 04:00 PM
05/05/13 04:00 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #714117
05/05/13 04:09 PM
05/05/13 04:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
May I ask what or who is a beloved "MAHER" confused

From Merriam Webster:

A Maher is what you get when you breed a liberal, self-hating Catholic with a self-hating Jew, then fail to tell the kid that he's half Jewish until he's an adult (true story). You end up with a glib, Godless, self-hating douchebag who, failing at comedy, takes a turn so far to the left to make a buck, that he'd make a Kennedy blush.

Sorry, Afs. I love ya, but generally speaking I hate that guy (but I give him HUGE props for straightening out that asshole about the Boston Marathon attack clap).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #714118
05/05/13 04:13 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

lol BILL MAHER lol You follow the ideas of BILL MAHHER in Iran?

Comeidan, political satire

As with his previous show, Politically Incorrect, Maher begins Real Time with a comic opening monologue based upon current events and other topical issues. He proceeds to a one-on-one interview with a guest, either in-studio or via satellite. Following the interview, Maher sits with three panelists, usually consisting of pundits, authors, activists and journalists, for a discussion of the week's events. In the segment "New Rules" at the end of each show, Maher delivers a humorous editorial on popular culture and American politics.

I laughed so hard just reading Bills Wikipeka page.!

Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #714119
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Who is going to attack my house, the mexican drug cartel? panic

if you live on or near the southwest border, sadly thats certainly not out of the realm of possibilty, and you can be sure that the perps will not give a shit about the latest magazine restriction or backround check requirement! i don't know what the situation is like in iran with regards to home invasions, but they are far from uncommon here in the states. what you and many others here just can't seem to understand is that placing a law abiding citizen at a marked disadvantage because of the actions of a few random crazies is not only counterproductive, but morally wrong.

put yourself in the mind of a criminal. who would you rather pray on? someone who is likely to be under-armed or unarmed altogether, or someone who you know might have the capability to defend themselves in the most efficient means possible? would you rather commit a home invasion in ny or texas? would you rather attempt an assault/rape/robbery in a state where its almost impossible for a civilian to carry a concealed weapon, or a state where the grandma leaving the bank might very well be packing heat? the answer seems pretty clear to me! wink

another valid point often overlooked in the whole debate is this: with the constant erosion of the right to bear arms, the rights to self defense also fades, not just in a literal sense but in a socially and legally accepted sense. we have seen this first hand in the uk and australia where not only have the majority of guns been outlawed, but its basically against the law to use the few that remain for self defense. people have been prosecuted and imprisoned for defending themselves, that poor farmer tony martin comes to mind, but there are more than a few cases, look into it.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #714120
05/05/13 04:17 PM
05/05/13 04:17 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

A Maher is what you get when you breed a liberal, self-hating Catholic with a self-hating Jew, then fail to tell the kid that he's half Jewish until he's an adult (true story). You end up with a glib, Godless, self-hating douchebag who, failing at comedy, takes a turn so far to the left to make a buck, that he'd make a Kennedy blush.

Sorry, Afs. I love ya, but generally speaking I hate that guy (but I give him HUGE props for straightening out that asshole about the Boston Marathon attack clap).

I can't help but love him. I didn't care for the movie he made, "Religulous" but his "Real Time" is one of my favorite political shows, along with "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report."

Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #714123
05/05/13 04:24 PM
05/05/13 04:24 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

I can't help but love him. I didn't care for the movie he made, "Religulous" but his "Real Time" is one of my favorite political shows, along with "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report."

I'll admit, this "new light" explains a whole lot to me and has opened my eyes to better understand you and your thoughts on here.

How popular is he in Iran?

Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #714124
05/05/13 04:25 PM
05/05/13 04:25 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Who is going to attack my house, the mexican drug cartel? panic

if you live on or near the southwest border, sadly thats certainly not out of the realm of possibilty, and you can be sure that the perps will not give a shit about the latest magazine restriction or backround check requirement! i don't know what the situation is like in iran with regards to home invasions, but they are far from uncommon here in the states. what you and many others here just can't seem to understand is that placing a law abiding citizen at a marked disadvantage because of the actions of a few random crazies is not only counterproductive, but morally wrong.

put yourself in the mind of a criminal. who would you rather pray on? someone who is likely to be under-armed or unarmed altogether, or someone who you know might have the capability to defend themselves in the most efficient means possible? would you rather commit a home invasion in ny or texas? would you rather attempt an assault/rape/robbery in a state where its almost impossible for a civilian to carry a concealed weapon, or a state where the grandma leaving the bank might very well be packing heat? the answer seems pretty clear to me! wink

another valid point often overlooked in the whole debate is this: with the constant erosion of the right to bear arms, the rights to self defense also fades, not just in a literal sense but in a socially and legally accepted sense. we have seen this first hand in the uk and australia where not only have the majority of guns been outlawed, but its basically against the law to use the few that remain for self defense. people have been prosecuted and imprisoned for defending themselves, that poor farmer tony martin comes to mind, but there are more than a few cases, look into it.

Your point about erosion of right to defend yourself in absence of guns is valid. Here, if you kill someone who is trying to rape you, or has invaded your house, it's considered murder. That's why I say it's a nice concept to have a right to defend yourself and not wait for the police. BUT, I'm talking about Iran, what isn't screwed up here? I would like to know if the same thing goes in the UK as well.

But as for home invasions in the US, you invade homes and then get what? Who keeps anything of value at their home? If someone breaks into a house is usually for rape. Drug cartel would have no interest to invade a house.

Again, I'm not in favor of abolishing the 2nd amendment, but I think gun ownership needs to be much more restricted and regulated.

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #714126
05/05/13 04:29 PM
05/05/13 04:29 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
How popular is he in Iran?

I don't have the slightest idea.

Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #714127
05/05/13 04:34 PM
05/05/13 04:34 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
But as for home invasions in the US, you invade homes and then get what? Who keeps anything of value at their home? If someone breaks into a house is usually for rape. Drug cartel would have no interest to invade a house.

people keep all kinds of valuable things at home. cash, jewelry, coins, art, cars, kids ect. most of the low-level home invasions tend to involve drug addicts looking to steal something that they can turn into quick cash, or just the cash itself. its no surprise that somebody like this might be a bit unstable.

the modern drug cartels have evolved much more into true organzized crime, with organized being the key word. these groups have become much more diversified by looking to supplement their income with other activities, and home invasion/burgluries are a great way to make money. kidnapping for ransom has also become big business for them on both sides of the border, with phoenix arizona being a prime example of this.

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 05/05/13 04:35 PM.

Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull