GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 273 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday VanillaLimeCoke.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,554
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,535
Posts1,062,653
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: klydon1] #715667
05/14/13 01:42 PM
05/14/13 01:42 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: klydon1
It seems that so many posts in a few threads now keep repeating how disgusting the thought of gay sex is. It makes me wonder how often these people's minds are fixed on the images of men having sex with other men.

Anyway, these are the very people, who should be in favor of civil marriages for gays. Nothing kills the sex drive like a marriage certificate, so if you allow them to marry, your imaginaation may rid itself of gay fantasies, and focus on a bickering old couple.

Why even talk about the gay sex act when the issue is what people are calling gay marriages. Except to confuse or to make fun of people.
They aren't trying to pass laws to allow gay sex acts.

Now I noticed you used the term Civil Marriage in your post which is what it should be called.
People should stop making up a new sectors and just stop putting the spotlight on the Gay part.

Two people want to get together and live their lives together, so be it. Live and let live. Last I looked , no one was hunting down Gay people and hanging them in the streets....well not here in America anyway.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: fathersson] #715708
05/14/13 06:41 PM
05/14/13 06:41 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: fathersson
It seems that so many posts in a few threads now keep repeating how disgusting the thought of gay sex is. It makes me wonder how often these people's minds are fixed on the images of men having sex with other men.

Anyway, these are the very people, who should be in favor of civil marriages for gays. Nothing kills the sex drive like a marriage certificate, so if you allow them to marry, your imaginaation may rid itself of gay fantasies, and focus on a bickering old couple.

Why even talk about the gay sex act when the issue is what people are calling gay marriages. Except to confuse or to make fun of people.
They aren't trying to pass laws to allow gay sex acts.

Now I noticed you used the term Civil Marriage in your post which is what it should be called.
People should stop making up a new sectors and just stop putting the spotlight on the Gay part.

Two people want to get together and live their lives together, so be it. Live and let live. Last I looked , no one was hunting down Gay people and hanging them in the streets....well not here in America anyway.

I referenced the act as it had been frequently referred as disgusting in some of the threads.

When I refer to civil marriage, I include hetero as well as homosexual marriage. I used the term civil merely to differentiate a religious marriage from a state sanctioned marriage, two entirely different entities. The former is viewed by believers as a union by God, the latter is a legal status created by government. I believe that in the civil or state sense, the union of marriage should be called the same thing , whether gay or straight, as the same rights, obligations and benefits should be the same. Calling the status different things just to placate the prejudices of some is unfair.

If someone has a problem with gay marriage, don't marry a gay.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: fathersson] #715718
05/14/13 07:42 PM
05/14/13 07:42 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I will tell you one thing. Ivy is more of a man they many who post their hate around here.

While you may admire the fact that Ivy sticks by his beliefs, you have a very odd idea of what makes a man. A real man isn't disgusted by his fellow human beings, like Ivy is by homosexuals and transgenders. A real man doesn't think that women are should be submissive to their men. A real man doesn't lack compassion for their fellow human beings. And neither does a true Christian, one who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ - that we are all children of God and that we must love our fellow man. Jesus didn't say we get to pick and choose which of His creations we get to love.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: klydon1] #715720
05/14/13 07:55 PM
05/14/13 07:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
When I refer to civil marriage, I include hetero as well as homosexual marriage. I used the term civil merely to differentiate a religious marriage from a state sanctioned marriage, two entirely different entities.

Exactly, counselor!

That's why state sanctioned gay marriage doesn't bother me one bit. Because if you want to go by the letter of Church law, as a practicing Catholic a marriage performed at city hall isn't recognized anyway, even if it's between a man and a woman.

So if my neighbor Bob marries his girlfriend Susan at city hall, even though my own Church would say that's not recognized as a true union, it doesn't bother me if it doesn't bother them. So why should I feel any differently if Bob wants to marry Joseph instead?

Because a marriage performed by the state, and not by a priest, isn't really a marriage in the eyes of the Church anyway. So it's no different than a gay marriage if you ask me. And what I mean by that is neither one is recognized by my Church, so it's no skin off my apple either way.

Let them be happy. As long as the government never tries to force the Church into anything, I have no problem with it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #715723
05/14/13 08:16 PM
05/14/13 08:16 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The definition of "normal" is what it is. It's just not me who says it. Nobody can honestly argue homosexuality is normal.

It's as normal for homosexuals as heterosexuality is for heterosexuals. Your opinion of normal is incorrect.

Quote:
I doubt you have the slightest idea of what does or doesn't make a good or bad Christian.

Well I do have a pretty good idea what makes a good person, and it doesn't involve pointing your finger at people who are different than you and calling them disgusting.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Sicilian Babe] #715742
05/14/13 11:40 PM
05/14/13 11:40 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I will tell you one thing. Ivy is more of a man they many who post their hate around here.

While you may admire the fact that Ivy sticks by his beliefs, you have a very odd idea of what makes a man. A real man isn't disgusted by his fellow human beings, like Ivy is by homosexuals and transgenders. A real man doesn't think that women are should be submissive to their men. A real man doesn't lack compassion for their fellow human beings. And neither does a true Christian, one who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ - that we are all children of God and that we must love our fellow man. Jesus didn't say we get to pick and choose which of His creations we get to love.

Take a step back and get off your soapbox. Your holier then thou attitude and "you have a very odd idea of what makes a man" is in poor taste. You don't need to come down on me like that.

He has his ideas and you have yours,
You just don't get the fact that he IS allowed to have his.

Last I looked God still allows this to happen

Last edited by fathersson; 05/14/13 11:51 PM.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: fathersson] #715745
05/15/13 02:45 AM
05/15/13 02:45 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

Take a step back and get off your soapbox. Your holier then thou attitude and "you have a very odd idea of what makes a man" is in poor taste. You don't need to come down on me like that.

lol :ol: lol

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #715779
05/15/13 11:46 AM
05/15/13 11:46 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Well, I've never really given much thought to gay sex. But let's be honest, I think most men, if asked to picture it in their heads, would say that the idea kinda puts them off their lunch. But that doesn't mean that they're necessarily hateful or unaccepting of gays. And if you're truly objective, and not just paying lip service to some politically correct ideal, just flip it around. Go ask a gay man what he thinks when he pictures sex with a woman. You'll get the same response most of the time.

Now I worked in funeral service for 25 years. In Manhattan there are A LOT of gay men in that industry, and I got along well enough with most of them because there's the same percentage of assholes among gay men as among straight men. But you had to hear these guys talk about women. Their favorite expression was "cow." I've heard more than one gay man compare sex with an older woman to having sex with a cow (the younger ones didn't bother them as much for some reason lol).

I'm just saying, it works both ways and we're being way too PC here. I accept gay people. But I don't want to picture two gay men doing it any more than a gay man wants to picture himself having sex with a "cow."

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: pizzaboy] #715781
05/15/13 12:06 PM
05/15/13 12:06 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Well, I've never really given much thought to gay sex. But let's be honest, I think most men, if asked to picture it in their heads, would say that the idea kinda puts them off their lunch. But that doesn't mean that they're necessarily hateful or unaccepting of gays. And if you're truly objective, and not just paying lip service to some politically correct ideal, just flip it around. Go ask a gay man what he thinks when he pictures sex with a woman. You'll get the same response most of the time.

Now I worked in funeral service for 25 years. In Manhattan there are A LOT of gay men in that industry, and I got along well enough with most of them because there's the same percentage of assholes among gay men as among straight men. But you had to hear these guys talk about women. Their favorite expression was "cow." I've heard more than one gay man compare sex with an older woman to having sex with a cow (the younger ones didn't bother them as much for some reason lol).

I'm just saying, it works both ways and we're being way too PC here. I accept gay people. But I don't want to picture two gay men doing it any more than a gay man wants to picture himself having sex with a "cow."

the issue is not about sex.... male on male / gal on gal it is about unions.

and not the kind you pay dues to- lol

and pizzaboy- if your going to talk "COW" then don't forget the "B-Itchs" that seem to give EVERYONE a headache. lol

Yes, they know everything, must run everything and then tell you even how to conduct a funeral. Now come to think of it they are always married to some pussy whipped jerk, who she uses like a servent and the poor guy can never answer a question without asking his wife! lol

Last edited by fathersson; 05/15/13 12:08 PM.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: pizzaboy] #715786
05/15/13 12:41 PM
05/15/13 12:41 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

+1 PB

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #715794
05/15/13 01:23 PM
05/15/13 01:23 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

[/quote]

God also allowed the Holocaust, war, cancer, Justin Bieber, etc. What exactly is your point?

Do you even have one?

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Sicilian Babe] #715806
05/15/13 02:05 PM
05/15/13 02:05 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

While you may admire the fact that Ivy sticks by his beliefs, you have a very odd idea of what makes a man. A real man isn't disgusted by his fellow human beings, like Ivy is by homosexuals and transgenders.

That's like saying you being disgusted by rapists and child molesters don't make you a "real woman."

Quote:
A real man doesn't think that women are should be submissive to their men.

While I think men and women each have their role, I've never said women should be "submissive" to men.

Quote:
A real man doesn't lack compassion for their fellow human beings.

So, because I refused to play along with the charade of a transgendered man fighting as a woman in the UFC, I lack compassion?

Quote:
And neither does a true Christian, one who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ - that we are all children of God and that we must love our fellow man. Jesus didn't say we get to pick and choose which of His creations we get to love.

I actually believe in all of this. But love doesn't trump obedience to God's laws. You're the one "picking and choosing" when you do that. You love the sinner, as you should, but you don't acknowledge the sin.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #715848
05/15/13 08:58 PM
05/15/13 08:58 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
That's like saying you being disgusted by rapists and child molesters don't make you a "real woman."

It's nothing like that actually. Rape and child molestation are bad by definition, whereas being gay is not (except for in the eyes of God, which is irrelevant to the point.) You can't compare one to the other, because the former involves performing sexual acts on someone who either doesn't have the ability to consent, or has the ability, but didn't give it. I don't know how many times this has to be pointed out to you, but I know it is the last time I'm explaining it.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: fathersson] #715855
05/15/13 09:41 PM
05/15/13 09:41 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

What constituted "poor taste"? You said he was more man, and I disputed that statement. How is that in "poor taste"? And how am I on a soapbox if I respond to something YOU wrote??

I certainly think people can disagree. It's what makes the world go around. What does bother me is that when people feel that anyone who disagrees with them is flat out wrong, yet I'm the one who doesn't respect the opinions of others? Really?

Since certain members think I must be Satan's bride, calling me "holier than thou" is ironic, no? lol

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: XDCX] #715866
05/15/13 10:14 PM
05/15/13 10:14 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: XDCX
It's nothing like that actually. Rape and child molestation are bad by definition, whereas being gay is not (except for in the eyes of God, which is irrelevant to the point.) You can't compare one to the other, because the former involves performing sexual acts on someone who either doesn't have the ability to consent, or has the ability, but didn't give it. I don't know how many times this has to be pointed out to you, but I know it is the last time I'm explaining it.

Bad by definition? Well, if we're going to play that game, who's definition exactly?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #715868
05/15/13 10:22 PM
05/15/13 10:22 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Excerpt from a Dennis Prager article where he hits the nail on the head yet again. He gives several examples of the kind of crap that comes with the pro-gay marriage stance many advocate here.

Quote:
So, the question is whether redefining in the most radical way ever conceived -- indeed completely changing its intended meaning -- is good for society.

It isn't.

The major reason is this: Gender increasingly no longer matters. There is a fierce battle taking place to render meaningless the man-woman distinction, the most important distinction regarding human beings' personal identity. Nothing would accomplish this as much as same-sex marriage.

The whole premise of same-sex marriage is that gender is insignificant: It doesn't matter whether you marry a man or a woman. Love, not gender, matters.

Some examples of this war on gender:

--This year Harvard University appointed its first permanent director of bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer student life. The individual, Vanidy Bailey, has asked that he/she never be referred to as he or she, male or female. Harvard has agreed.

--In 2010 eHarmony, for years the country's largest online dating service, was sued for only matching men and women. Its lack of same-sex matchmaking meant that it violated anti-discrimination laws in some states. As a result, eHarmony was forced to begin a same-sex online service.

--Each year more and more American high schools elect girls as homecoming kings and boys as homecoming queens. Students have been taught to regard restricting kings to males or queens to females as (gender-based) discrimination.

--When you sign up for the new social networking site, Google Plus, you are asked to identify your gender. Three choices are offered: Male, Female, Other.

--Catholic Charities, which operates the oldest ongoing adoption services in America, has had to end its adoption work in Illinois, Massachusetts and Washington, DC because the governments there regard placing children with married man-woman couples before same-sex couples as discriminatory.

Increasingly, even the mother-father ideal is being shattered in this battle to render male-female distinction insignificant.

--The socialist French government has just announced that in the future no government issued document will be allowed to use the words "mother" or "father." Only the gender-neutral term "parent" will be acceptable in France.

--And in Rhode Island this year, one school district cancelled its father-daughter dance after the ACLU threatened to sue the district for gender discrimination. Only parent-child events, not father-daughter dances or mother-son ballgames, will be allowed.

And all this is happening before same-sex marriage is allowed. Imagine what will happen should same-sex marriage become the law of the land.

http://townhall.com/columnists/dennispra...riage/page/full

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Sicilian Babe] #715871
05/15/13 11:02 PM
05/15/13 11:02 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

What constituted "poor taste"? You said he was more man, and I disputed that statement. How is that in "poor taste"? And how am I on a soapbox if I respond to something YOU wrote??

I certainly think people can disagree. It's what makes the world go around. What does bother me is that when people feel that anyone who disagrees with them is flat out wrong, yet I'm the one who doesn't respect the opinions of others? Really?

Since certain members think I must be Satan's bride, calling me "holier than thou" is ironic, no? lol

I always thought you were an educated person, I am sure you can find out what a simple term as "poor taste" means....and how it fits your post.

...and as always I said "Your holier then thou attitude" not that you were holier then thou' but you like twisting things and only taking small parts of posts to change things.

Maybe you you aren't as smart as I gave you credit for? confused Then again some members may know you better then me...even Satan needs a bride. cool

Who am I to argue on what they seem to know? I would rather take the high road and let those type of things go right on bye!

Enjoy your night!

Last edited by fathersson; 05/16/13 09:59 AM.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #715872
05/15/13 11:14 PM
05/15/13 11:14 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I guess it's simpler for you to put the onus on someone else than actually explain your thought process. How typically passive-aggressive of you.

To get back on topic, congrats to the great state of Minnesota and its people!

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #715884
05/16/13 02:19 AM
05/16/13 02:19 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
It's sick, and an example of how easy it is to brainwash mass amounts of people into supporting, even fighting for, a totally abnormal behavior.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #715910
05/16/13 08:45 AM
05/16/13 08:45 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss

--This year Harvard University appointed its first permanent director of bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer student life. The individual, Vanidy Bailey, has asked that he/she never be referred to as he or she, male or female. Harvard has agreed.

--In 2010 eHarmony, for years the country's largest online dating service, was sued for only matching men and women. Its lack of same-sex matchmaking meant that it violated anti-discrimination laws in some states. As a result, eHarmony was forced to begin a same-sex online service.

--Each year more and more American high schools elect girls as homecoming kings and boys as homecoming queens. Students have been taught to regard restricting kings to males or queens to females as (gender-based) discrimination.

--When you sign up for the new social networking site, Google Plus, you are asked to identify your gender. Three choices are offered: Male, Female, Other.

--Catholic Charities, which operates the oldest ongoing adoption services in America, has had to end its adoption work in Illinois, Massachusetts and Washington, DC because the governments there regard placing children with married man-woman couples before same-sex couples as discriminatory.

Increasingly, even the mother-father ideal is being shattered in this battle to render male-female distinction insignificant.

--The socialist French government has just announced that in the future no government issued document will be allowed to use the words "mother" or "father." Only the gender-neutral term "parent" will be acceptable in France.

--And in Rhode Island this year, one school district cancelled its father-daughter dance after the ACLU threatened to sue the district for gender discrimination. Only parent-child events, not father-daughter dances or mother-son ballgames, will be allowed.

And all this is happening before same-sex marriage is allowed. Imagine what will happen should same-sex marriage become the law of the land.

This is crazy. This isn't fight for equality anymore, this is something else.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Dwalin2011] #715913
05/16/13 10:19 AM
05/16/13 10:19 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Something else? Like what? Why don't you move to Iran. They hate homos there.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: dontomasso] #715914
05/16/13 10:26 AM
05/16/13 10:26 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Are you living in 2 dimensions? So I either become a homosexual zealot or move to Iran? No middle-ground?

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Dwalin2011] #715915
05/16/13 10:29 AM
05/16/13 10:29 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

Are you living in 2 dimensions? So I either become a homosexual zealot or move to Iran? No middle-ground?

No,the middle ground is to stop being the homophobic zealot you are, and mind your own business.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: dontomasso] #715916
05/16/13 10:31 AM
05/16/13 10:31 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss

No,the middle ground is to stop being the homophobic zealot you are, and mind your own business.

You don't know me, I barely posted in this thread, and I am a zealot? With such an attitude you will only create more homophobes (I am not one.... yet).

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Dwalin2011] #715921
05/16/13 10:44 AM
05/16/13 10:44 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

You don't know me, I barely posted in this thread, and I am a zealot? With such an attitude you will only create more homophobes (I am not one.... yet).

I don't know you, but I know you posted an illogical dichotomy that reveals your point of view.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: jace] #715923
05/16/13 10:45 AM
05/16/13 10:45 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: jace
It's sick, and an example of how easy it is to brainwash mass amounts of people into supporting, even fighting for, a totally abnormal behavior.

Please define "abnormal behavior"

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: dontomasso] #715924
05/16/13 10:51 AM
05/16/13 10:51 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss

I don't know you, but I know you posted an illogical dichotomy that reveals your point of view.

My point of view is that allowing gay marriage and giving homosexuals the same rights as heterosexuals should theoretically be perfectly enough for people if they REALLY are ONLY about equality. But I personally don't want the notion of gender be cancelled in my family, and many people think like me. Distinguishing between a mother and a father is NOT discrimination. Not every difference involves discrimination. If you want to force YOUR ideals in the families of OTHER people, what's the difference between a religious bigot and you?

I mean, what horrified me in this article isn't something about homosexuals, but that they seem to want the genders to DISAPPEAR, not just to enjoy the same rights.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #715926
05/16/13 11:06 AM
05/16/13 11:06 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Excerpt from a Dennis Prager article where he hits the nail on the head yet again. He gives several examples of the kind of crap that comes with the pro-gay marriage stance many advocate here.

Quote:
So, the question is whether redefining in the most radical way ever conceived -- indeed completely changing its intended meaning -- is good for society.

It isn't.

The major reason is this: Gender increasingly no longer matters. There is a fierce battle taking place to render meaningless the man-woman distinction, the most important distinction regarding human beings' personal identity. Nothing would accomplish this as much as same-sex marriage.

The whole premise of same-sex marriage is that gender is insignificant: It doesn't matter whether you marry a man or a woman. Love, not gender, matters.

Some examples of this war on gender:

This inalysis reflects the typical, baseless tempest in a teapot. Categorizing these things, most of which are trivial and misleading, as a war on gender is laughable.

If Harvard wants to show a modicum of respect to one of its employees by refraining from a gender-based pronoun, so be it. It can't stop all of those, who have their panties in a ball over transgenders, from slinging whatever name they want at her. Not calling the transgender "he" or "she" is no crazier than calling Prager's collection of videos a "university."

Catholic Charities was receiving public funds for its adoption services, and therefore are obligated not to discriminate unlawfully in its placement services. It could continue to operate without public funds, but voluntarily suspended adoption services in order to keep the pipelines of public money flowing.

There had been litigation in Illinois as well alleging that Catholic Charities also discriminated on the basis of race and marital status.

I don't buy the line that supporting marriage equality for gays is leading to the result that "gender is insignificant." It is certainly significant to those, who are getting married, gay or straight, and they're the ones, whose opinions matter.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Dwalin2011] #715930
05/16/13 11:26 AM
05/16/13 11:26 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

My point of view is that allowing gay marriage and giving homosexuals the same rights as heterosexuals should theoretically be perfectly enough for people if they REALLY are ONLY about equality. But I personally don't want the notion of gender be cancelled in my family, and many people think like me. Distinguishing between a mother and a father is NOT discrimination. Not every difference involves discrimination. If you want to force YOUR ideals in the families of OTHER people, what's the difference between a religious bigot and you?

I mean, what horrified me in this article isn't something about homosexuals, but that they seem to want the genders to DISAPPEAR, not just to enjoy the same rights.

I agree with you on the abolition of gender... up to a point. Small things like calling someone a "chair" or "chairperson" instead of the traditional and out dated "chairman" is entirely appropriate. Whatever values you wish to instill in your family and in your personal life are entirely your business, and whether I or anyone agrees with you or not, is beside the point. In fact I would gladly fight for the rights of people with whom I completely disagree. There are always going to be extremes in social issues on both sides.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: dontomasso] #715951
05/16/13 03:09 PM
05/16/13 03:09 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jace

Please define "abnormal behavior"

Your rage over anyone disagreeing with you, your name calling, your zealot like fight for degenerates--I see it as abnormal.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull