Originally Posted By: GerryLang

Soon as I read their names I thought they might be illegal immigrants. The immigration policies in this country stink to the high heavens. Most countries have some requirements for immigrants to come into their country, we let anyone in. That is why I call this whole Homeland Security stuff a racket.

Originally Posted By: Lilo

They are apparently of Puerto Rican heritage. So they are American citizens by definition. They aren't immigrants.

Originally Posted By: GerryLang

When did acknowledign the US is chalk full of illegal immigrants who commit a lot of crime make one "anti-Hispanic?" I never heard anyone describe themselves as "Hispanic" either, is there some country called Hispania I missed in 17 years of schooling? "Hispanic" is a loaded term that has no meaning in real life.

You made an incorrect assumption on their immigration status based on their last name. Why?

Anyway there are millions of people who describe themselves as Hispanic or Latino. I even know a few in relatively monochrome Michigan. "Hispanic" is a linguistic/cultural/ethnic term that can include anyone from Ted Cruz to Natalie Martinez to George Lopez to Louis CK. It obviously has meaning to those who self-identify as Hispanic.

And while I am not at all a fan of illegal immigration, illegal immigrants do not disproportionately commit crime.

But again the illegal immigrant crime rate, good or bad, is completely and thoroughly irrelevant to this case as Ariel Castro was born a US citizen.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.