GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (RushStreet, MeyerLansky, joepuzzles234, CleanBandit, 1 invisible), 823 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,108
DE NIRO 44,955
J Geoff 31,302
Hollander 26,558
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,613
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,846
Posts1,070,558
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716162
05/18/13 12:06 PM
05/18/13 12:06 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
PB, you could be as cruel as you like. I wouldn't mind it. This is the exact reaction women activists get when they state this matter over here. It's interesting to see you get the same reaction from American men as well. They rip you apart, call you bitter, and the rest of the nonsense. You could patronize me all you want, that's my observation of the American families. And I read an article recently to back it up:

Why there are more walk-away moms

On the father daughter dance, no one is trying to deny you the pleasure of dancing with your daughter. But high school is cruel enough, without all these social pressures. If they change it to dance with your parent event, it's more inclusive and less heartbreaking for those who have lost their father. I know if I didn't have a father for such an event, I would've been very heartbroken.

And thanks for immigration advice. I'm not planning to move anyway. The grass always seems to be greener on the other side, but I'm strangely happy here.

Oh please. Out of all the ludicrous statements you make on here, this is pushing it. You know better than us? The people who actually live, breathe, and observe this country? Dont think for one second youre an expert on the American family, you've received so many examples from people of how gender roles here aren't a huge deal anymore. Yet here you are carrying on and whining about a problem that really doesn't exist in America this day and age. It ain't the sixties and seventies anymore. You wanna campaign for rights for women, do it in a place that actually needs it: like your own country for instance.

And I'll be damned if anyone is going to change a father-daughter dance to a "parent-daughter" dance. You wanna talk about a stupid ass idea, there's one right there.

Last edited by 123JoeSchmo; 05/18/13 12:08 PM.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716164
05/18/13 12:08 PM
05/18/13 12:08 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
On the father daughter dance, no one is trying to deny you the pleasure of dancing with your daughter. But high school is cruel enough, without all these social pressures. If they change it to dance with your parent event, it's more inclusive and less heartbreaking for those who have lost their father. I know if I didn't have a father for such an event, I would've been very heartbroken.

just stop it! the whole "highschool is filled with too much preesure" line of reasoning is nothing more than an excuse to justify shit, be it bad behavior or trying to mold the world into some silly, unrealistic utopia. guess what, life is full of pressure, and trying to eliminate it all does nothing but create a generation of emotionally weak, entitled people who are under the false impression that everything is going to be fair. like i have already stated, many are unable to handle the truth when faced with reality, and society always bares the brunt of this.

as far as your justification for the father daughter dance, heh. some people don't have fathers, some mothers. some people don't have legs, some people money, health ect, we could go on all day. the silly reasoning that we can somehow try and accommodate everyone is wishful thinking at best, but in reality its delusional and crazy! are you really so naive that you believe that changing the name would help people feel more comfortable? what about when they are at the dance and see everyone dancing with their dads, what then? why not just put a paper bag over everyone's head so that way nobody knows anything? anybody not wearing the bag should be kicked out and fined, with the proceeds going to the land of make believe fund for equality! wink

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716166
05/18/13 12:13 PM
05/18/13 12:13 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
I don't know much about Iran, but we all know life is tough there for homosexuals, women right activists etc. Even though I don't agree with afsaneh77 on many points, I think her position must be at least understood. It's one thing if somebody just has nothing to do than argue with others, and it's completely different if the person in question has seen or lived tough life personally.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716168
05/18/13 12:15 PM
05/18/13 12:15 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Oh please. Out of all the ludicrous statements you make on here, this is pushing it. You know better than us? The people who actually live, breathe, and observe this country? Dont think for one second youre an expert on the American family, you've received so many examples from people of how gender roles here aren't a huge deal anymore. Yet here you are carrying on and whining about a problem that really doesn't exist in America this day and age. It ain't the sixties and seventies anymore. You wanna campaign for rights for women, do it in a place that actually needs it: like your own country for instance.

And I'll be damned if anyone is going to change a father-daughter dance to a "parent-daughter" dance. You wanna talk about a stupid ass idea, there's one right there.

I campaign for this, wherever I like, whenever I like it. Makes you uncomfortable reading it? Ignore my user ID. I stand by all I said.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Five_Felonies] #716169
05/18/13 12:19 PM
05/18/13 12:19 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
just stop it! the whole "highschool is filled with too much preesure" line of reasoning is nothing more than an excuse to justify shit, be it bad behavior or trying to mold the world into some silly, unrealistic utopia. guess what, life is full of pressure, and trying to eliminate it all does nothing but create a generation of emotionally weak, entitled people who are under the false impression that everything is going to be fair. like i have already stated, many are unable to handle the truth when faced with reality, and society always bares the brunt of this.

as far as your justification for the father daughter dance, heh. some people don't have fathers, some mothers. some people don't have legs, some people money, health ect, we could go on all day. the silly reasoning that we can somehow try and accommodate everyone is wishful thinking at best, but in reality its delusional and crazy! are you really so naive that you believe that changing the name would help people feel more comfortable? what about when they are at the dance and see everyone dancing with their dads, what then? why not just put a paper bag over everyone's head so that way nobody knows anything? anybody not wearing the bag should be kicked out and fined, with the proceeds going to the land of make believe fund for equality! wink

Yes, life is unfair, is harsh, is not a utopia. Doesn't mean we have to make it worse. We could make it more inclusive. It doesn't kill us to do so.
----

Anyhow, I was wondering, is there a son mother dance as well? And if not why?

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716174
05/18/13 12:41 PM
05/18/13 12:41 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

I campaign for this, wherever I like, whenever I like it. Makes you uncomfortable reading it? Ignore my user ID. I stand by all I said.

Then I can only say you're completely delusional and it's a good thing that people like you aren't in power.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716175
05/18/13 12:50 PM
05/18/13 12:50 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Then I can only say you're completely delusional and it's a good thing that people like you aren't in power.

Do you mean to say the lady who wrote this article is delusional as well? The reason I'm quoting this is that you replied so fast, I don't think you bothered yourself to read it.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716179
05/18/13 01:18 PM
05/18/13 01:18 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

Do you mean to say the lady who wrote this article is delusional as well? The reason I'm quoting this is that you replied so fast, I don't think you bothered yourself to read it.

Okay that's one example of a mom booking it. Just so you know that's not the norm. Can you name anyone else? Thought not. Again, this proves to me you don't know jack squat

Last edited by 123JoeSchmo; 05/18/13 01:19 PM.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716180
05/18/13 01:29 PM
05/18/13 01:29 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Okay that's one example of a mom booking it. Just so you know that's not the norm. Can you name anyone else? Thought not. Again, this proves to me you don't know jack squat

This is not just one example. The data provided by article shows a trend. Also, it states that still most of the house works are done by women. So do not tell me it aint so.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716186
05/18/13 01:53 PM
05/18/13 01:53 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

This is not just one example. The data provided by article shows a trend. Also, it states that still most of the house works are done by women. So do not tell me it aint so.

That woman ran out on her kids. Not because of a demanding, husband, but because she didn't want to responsibility of raising her kids. That's disgraceful. Also when I was growing up, my dad worked and my mom was the stay at home. Not once did she ever complain about taking care of the house and my brothers, and she was a damn good mom, and I love her for what she did. Did that somehow make her inferior to my dad who worked his ass off to provide for everyone? No of course not. It also doesn't make my dad a slob who told my mother "to stifle herself" or "make me dinner". He was always there for me and my brothers. My mom chose to stay at home when she had me, though she had a career of her own at the time. My dad carried on with his company and became a success. It's just how it worked. It was an equal partnership plain and simple.

Not to say there aren't other families that have the opposite dynamic. One of my best friends had a stay at home and a working mother. It doesn't really matter in the long run. But you're notion of women still being mistreated heavily in this country is utter nonsense.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716191
05/18/13 02:28 PM
05/18/13 02:28 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
That woman ran out on her kids. Not because of a demanding, husband, but because she didn't want to responsibility of raising her kids. That's disgraceful. Also when I was growing up, my dad worked and my mom was the stay at home. Not once did she ever complain about taking care of the house and my brothers, and she was a damn good mom, and I love her for what she did. Did that somehow make her inferior to my dad who worked his ass off to provide for everyone? No of course not. It also doesn't make my dad a slob who told my mother "to stifle herself" or "make me dinner". He was always there for me and my brothers. My mom chose to stay at home when she had me, though she had a career of her own at the time. My dad carried on with his company and became a success. It's just how it worked. It was an equal partnership plain and simple.

Not to say there aren't other families that have the opposite dynamic. One of my best friends had a stay at home and a working mother. It doesn't really matter in the long run. But you're notion of women still being mistreated heavily in this country is utter nonsense.

See, you make stuff up that I never said. That's a straw-man argument. I said look at the data provided by that article. It's not just that woman walking out. There are many. And she as well thinks that it could be because women do more the house chores on top of their jobs, so it gets to them.

I never said a woman who is a happy housewife is stupid or inferior. So not sure why are you trying to make up arguments for me and then refute your own made up argument. rolleyes If a woman is happy with staying at home dynamic, or doesn't mind doing the house work on top of her day job, so be it.

I said there are still plenty of women, who have to do all the work, because if they leave it to men, it probably never gets done. So they do it. Doesn't mean they are happy about it. Society blames them if the kids are not taken care of, if the house is messed up. It's expected of them to do it, even if they have a full time job. This is abusing women in my book.

And then you see people objecting to gay marriage because it further vanishes the gender roles. This is when it hits a nerve. Now, they don't want to see other men do house work or raise kids.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716192
05/18/13 02:43 PM
05/18/13 02:43 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

See, you make stuff up that I never said. That's a straw-man argument. I said look at the data provided by that article. It's not just that woman walking out. There are many. And she as well thinks that it could be because women do more the house chores on top of their jobs, so it gets to them.

I never said a woman who is a happy housewife is stupid or inferior. So not sure why are you trying to make up arguments for me and then refute your own made up argument. rolleyes If a woman is happy with staying at home dynamic, or doesn't mind doing the house work on top of her day job, so be it.

I said there are still plenty of women, who have to do all the work, because if they leave it to men, it probably never gets done. So they do it. Doesn't mean they are happy about it. Society blames them if the kids are not taken care of, if the house is messed up. It's expected of them to do it, even if they have a full time job. This is abusing women in my book.

And then you see people objecting to gay marriage because it further vanishes the gender roles. This is when it hits a nerve. Now, they don't want to see other men do house work or raise kids.

You come across to me as attacking anything that doesn't fit your world view. That makes you just as bad as the ultra conservatives you attack. I have the same problem at times. But to me what you're saying is that women in the United States are still in the same boat they were forty years ago. That's simply not true. And then you bash men (and women too I will add) who don't agree with you as "not walking the walk".

You know I support gay marriage, that won't vanish gender roles. But households today have the power to delegate who does what in the house. And since when does society blame women if the kids aren't taken care of or the house is messed up? I think it would be the father who would take the bad rap for that, especially if he walked out or is abusive.

As I've said before, you're stuck in the past fighting for a cause that doesn't need fighting for. You haven't spent enough here to really know how an American family works. Step back from your high horse for a second and see the other side of an issue.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716193
05/18/13 02:58 PM
05/18/13 02:58 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
You come across to me as attacking anything that doesn't fit your world view. That makes you just as bad as the ultra conservatives you attack. I have the same problem at times. But to me what you're saying is that women in the United States are still in the same boat they were forty years ago. That's simply not true. And then you bash men (and women too I will add) who don't agree with you as "not walking the walk".

You know I support gay marriage, that won't vanish gender roles. But households today have the power to delegate who does what in the house. And since when does society blame women if the kids aren't taken care of or the house is messed up? I think it would be the father who would take the bad rap for that, especially if he walked out or is abusive.

As I've said before, you're stuck in the past fighting for a cause that doesn't need fighting for. You haven't spent enough here to really know how an American family works. Step back from your high horse for a second and see the other side of an issue.

Not sure why you are so mad if this fight is already won and I'm charging at the windmills. And society makes women feel guilty when they put their career ahead of their family, but applauds it when men do so. This has not been changed one bit. You could say all you want, I see a different picture here.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716197
05/18/13 03:44 PM
05/18/13 03:44 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
And society makes women feel guilty when they put their career ahead of their family, but applauds it when men do so. This has not been changed one bit.
Bingo. This gender equality issue goes WAY beyond who does household chores and looks after the children. It's about a society whose structure is still geared more towards men in terms of what opportunties each gender possesses. Parents still send their daughters to college for more limited pursuits than they do their sons, and even if a woman does take the same career path of a man she encounters a work force that is less likely to pay her the wages of a man, promote her based on merit, and encourage her overall long-term pursuits.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716201
05/18/13 03:59 PM
05/18/13 03:59 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

I

Not sure why you are so mad if this fight is already won and I'm charging at the windmills. And society makes women feel guilty when they put their career ahead of their family, but applauds it when men do so. This has not been changed one bit. You could say all you want, I see a different picture here.

The fight is already over. For some reason you want to shake the pot up further. Such as renaming father daughter dances, or disregard gender roles completely. You have a very misconstrued perception of things over here. Speak for your own country but not here.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716206
05/18/13 04:18 PM
05/18/13 04:18 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
[uote=Dwalin2011]I personally have nothing against changing gender ROLES, but when politicians in France forbid to use words "father" and "mother" in official documents and when father-daughter dances are forbidden just because some people consider them not politically correct enough, do you put such people into the "sane" category? Don't they really have anything else to do?

Please don't make stuff up. France didn't forbid the use of term mother and father, they changed it to "parents" to simplify the legal language and make it regardless of the sex of the parents, so that it would include homosexual parents.

Personally, I don't think it is such a great idea to have a father daughter dance. So how about those who have lost their fathers or don't have one to begin with? Can't they dance with their mother? Why do you have to remind them that they are different? All these social pressures to conform to a certain family pattern is what is insane. I think it is important to have male and female influences in the lives of all the children. But then there are relatives and teachers from both sexes for that matter. [/quote]

Exactly. France is not trying to diminish the role of gender by substituting the term "parents" for "Mother/father." It is a clarification of the legal code and forms to clarify the legal application.

I have attended father/daughter dances, but the name of the dances for the girls was "Me and My Special Guy." It didn't mention dads specifically because some of the dads were dead, divorced and living away or out of the picture. This allowed the young girl to invite an uncle, grandfather, older brother.

I loved these dances. Not only was it a lot of fun, but it provided an opportunity for the "dad" to show how the girl should be treated as they get older.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: klydon1] #716207
05/18/13 04:23 PM
05/18/13 04:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: klydon1
I loved these dances. Not only was it a lot of fun, but it provided an opportunity for the "dad" to show how the girl should be treated as they get older.

Ditto, Klyd. My daughters are 25 and 21 now. Yours are a bit younger, yes?

Well, those memories will mean even more to you when they're away at school or out of the house completely smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716211
05/18/13 04:30 PM
05/18/13 04:30 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
More and more women are entering the practice of law. My first year of law school marked the first time that there were more women entering law school than men. But there is still much discrimination against women in this field, especially among the large big city firms in their representation of big business and finance. Those big players have made it clear they prefer white men representing their institutions, and the big firms are happy to comply.

But in the practice of law I have seen no difference between the work of male and female lawyers.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: pizzaboy] #716212
05/18/13 04:31 PM
05/18/13 04:31 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
One doesn't have to be a naturalized citizen of this country to study the history of immense societal change that's often been spurred here. The 1960's and well before with names like Susan B. Anthony in early 20th century represented a revolutionary change for gender equality and other social issues, and this DID include the blurring of gender roles. The Iranian Constitutional Revolution as early as 1905 triggered the Iranian women's movement.

Women burned their bras in America because they felt that it proved a statement or made a stand for Women's Rights, it was a symbol that showed independence of men at the time. The women that didn't burn their bras often walked around wearing no bra at all.

This country has also produced a great number of the world's feminist and women's rights philosophers.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: pizzaboy] #716218
05/18/13 04:47 PM
05/18/13 04:47 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Ditto, Klyd. My daughters are 25 and 21 now. Yours are a bit younger, yes?

Well, those memories will mean even more to you when they're away at school or out of the house completely smile.

She's 15 now, Frank.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716242
05/18/13 07:59 PM
05/18/13 07:59 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
PB, you could be as cruel as you like. I wouldn't mind it. This is the exact reaction women activists get when they state this matter over here. It's interesting to see you get the same reaction from American men as well. They rip you apart, call you bitter, and the rest of the nonsense. You could patronize me all you want, that's my observation of the American families. And I read an article recently to back it up:

And thanks for immigration advice. I'm not planning to move anyway. The grass always seems to be greener on the other side, but I'm strangely happy here.

I don't think he was being cruel....
He was just doing like the rest of us...
Saying we have had enough of this shit people keep throwing out there.

When people feed you this kind of shit, day in and day out....thread to thread it gets a bit overwheling, especially when they have opinions with little or no experience in the subject. Then want to challenge ant posts put out there without any real facts or knowlege.

Then the what about this and the why question try to twist things around but we know what bullshit smell like and sounds like.

People can try as they like to spin things, but you know when your F*@ken wrong you just have to stop and admit you are maybe wrong.

And you know you can only take so much crap before you speach up!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716246
05/18/13 09:35 PM
05/18/13 09:35 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Wow, a lot of BS getting flung here. Plenty of nastiness, too.

Women make choices. Damn straight. And I respect them all - the women who choose to stay at home, the ones who choose to work outside the home. IMO, the women's liberation movement is only successful if all of women's choices are encouraged and celebrated.

And you can all go on and on about choices and that's the dynamic of your relationship, etc., but women carry the majority of the household duties, whether they work outside the home in addition to that or not. And it becomes more and more unfair as it's NOT a choice for many but a necessity because of the high cost of housing, utilities, healthcare, food, gasoline - the basics.

If you have children, just think of school functions you've attended - class trips, parent/teacher conferences, those kind of things. Think of who you mostly see in the hallways - the moms. I find it hard to believe that they're all stay at home moms.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: fathersson] #716269
05/19/13 01:01 AM
05/19/13 01:01 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: fathersson

When people feed you this kind of shit, day in and day out....thread to thread it gets a bit overwheling, especially when they have opinions with little or no experience in the subject. Then want to challenge ant posts put out there without any real facts or knowlege.

Then the what about this and the why question try to twist things around but we know what bullshit smell like and sounds like.

People can try as they like to spin things, but you know when your F*@ken wrong you just have to stop and admit you are maybe wrong.

Were you under the influence when you posted this? lol Anyway, as you always go on your soapbox as a moderator wannabe to preach everyone is entitled to their opinion and can speak up their mind here, you could practice what you preach yourself once in a while. This is what I think. I'm entitled to post it here. Don't you like it? Ignore my ID.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: klydon1] #716271
05/19/13 01:05 AM
05/19/13 01:05 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Please don't make stuff up. France didn't forbid the use of term mother and father, they changed it to "parents" to simplify the legal language and make it regardless of the sex of the parents, so that it would include homosexual parents.

Personally, I don't think it is such a great idea to have a father daughter dance. So how about those who have lost their fathers or don't have one to begin with? Can't they dance with their mother? Why do you have to remind them that they are different? All these social pressures to conform to a certain family pattern is what is insane. I think it is important to have male and female influences in the lives of all the children. But then there are relatives and teachers from both sexes for that matter.

Exactly. France is not trying to diminish the role of gender by substituting the term "parents" for "Mother/father." It is a clarification of the legal code and forms to clarify the legal application.

I have attended father/daughter dances, but the name of the dances for the girls was "Me and My Special Guy." It didn't mention dads specifically because some of the dads were dead, divorced and living away or out of the picture. This allowed the young girl to invite an uncle, grandfather, older brother.

Thanks Kly for weighing on the legal matter.

And as for the dance, this is exactly the tasteful name change that doesn't hurt everyone. smile

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716272
05/19/13 01:12 AM
05/19/13 01:12 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Afanseh man is protector of his family just like lions are. I could tell you a story about the lions and the lambs like Anthony Nicodemo but instead I'll just sing " Maaaaaaaaaaaaaa Zimmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaa ......

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 05/19/13 01:13 AM.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #716273
05/19/13 01:16 AM
05/19/13 01:16 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Afanseh man is protector of his family just like lions are. I could tell you a story about the lions and the lambs like Anthony Nicodemo but instead I'll just sing " Maaaaaaaaaaaaaa Zimmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaa ......

lol

Lions are good examples. Apparently female lions do most of the hunting especially when prey is small. tongue

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716283
05/19/13 02:47 AM
05/19/13 02:47 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

lol

Lions are good examples. Apparently female lions do most of the hunting especially when prey is small. tongue

Man feeds lion as well. Have you ever seen the movie Donny Brasco when Lefty and Donny are feeding his lion hamburgers on the streets of new york. In most urban cities that is what they are usually fed with wendys white castle mickey d's you know this

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #716285
05/19/13 03:11 AM
05/19/13 03:11 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Man feeds lion as well. Have you ever seen the movie Donny Brasco when Lefty and Donny are feeding his lion hamburgers on the streets of new york. In most urban cities that is what they are usually fed with wendys white castle mickey d's you know this

Lions eat men as well. Remember "Jaws?"

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716316
05/19/13 09:19 AM
05/19/13 09:19 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

Were you under the influence when you posted this? lol Anyway, as you always go on your soapbox as a moderator wannabe to preach everyone is entitled to their opinion and can speak up their mind here, you could practice what you preach yourself once in a while. This is what I think. I'm entitled to post it here. Don't you like it? Ignore my ID.

Oh. sure go to the insult mode. That is always the play when you have NOTHING to Said that is worth listening too! Like most of your posts.
Don't worry I mostly DO ! lol Ignore more and more
Enjoy the day!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: fathersson] #716324
05/19/13 10:27 AM
05/19/13 10:27 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Oh. sure go to the insult mode. That is always the play when you have NOTHING to Said that is worth listening too! Like most of your posts.
Don't worry I mostly DO ! lol Ignore more and more
Enjoy the day!

Insult mode? lol Said the person whose previous post not only had f word, s word, not to mention "crap" and "bullshit" when he was so eloquently "speeching up." grin

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull