Dont forget. Joe Defede made like 250k a year as boss. Castellano made 10mil plus. Why? He had his own biz... Meat business and cement companys. Defede had very little business on his own. Plus he lacked the respect needed to run a family. A family like the gambinos and the genovese with 30 different crews, yeah expect millions in tribute a year. Chin left 100m to his family when he died. A smaller family like philly orNE? I wouldnt compare it. Not to mention, outside ny, there is no competition. I wouldnt put anyone outside ny in my list. Not even difronzo. Hes rich, but holds no power over any unions, they lost everything over the years. Plus even in the 80s when they controlled the luina it was still Tony and Chin who told them who to make president.

As far as philly goes, ive heard Uncle Joe was very greedy, not much of a boss. He had no pedigree to be boss, he wanted other guys, real street guys to give up big portions of their businesses to him... A lot of older scarfo guys dont respect him. He was just a bartender who made book when they were out doing work. VERY GREEDY... He had very little in legitimate income. He left nothing for the soldiers. He took over machine routes, he took that guy monacello, bc he was a good earner, put him close, directly under him... His downfall was greed! If i had to guess how much he made, id say 3-400k.

I wouldnt put any guy outside NY on a level with NY guys, except-Maybe, Difronzo... They still have a little union and political pull. That, plus the competition from other familys makes all the diference. There are guys in NY that make millions a year off construction. Thats the difference. Guys no one here have listed on there listed have more political and labor related pull, and more money, than any of the guys outside NY... Jimmy Massera-controls all the NY Mason Tenders. Conrad Ianniello-controls garbage, trucking, busses... Allie Shades-Controls Garbage companies all over NY... The giovincos-control nj garbage... Mario Gigante--controls upstate garbage... Sil Devita-controls several nj laborers locals. Dinapoli...Beech Depiro-controls the entire ILA. What does steve mazzone control? 3 slot machines in the back of a bar in south philly? Fuck bobby manna from prison has more juice than any guy in philly or chicago.