Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
My qualms at the movie aside, it is nice that Superman is back. Took WB what, 25 years or so to finally get that franchise successfully back on its feet?

But man for a movie that's trying its best to tell a story, emotionally it struck out for me and especially the climax ending's supposed power isn't earned. At all. (And really, why would Superman react as he does afterwards? Think within the movie's internal logic and character-development and explain why he would. Forget comic book lore.) Why would Lois Lane be in love with him? Why would he? This movie has full of good ideas it just doesn't exploit, just really drops the ball on. This feels halfbaked.

I said it elsewhere, but that moment Supes has with Meloni where fear and ignorance is defeated by simple decency made me feel more than any of the origin flashbacks (though the Krpyton Space Opera opening I did enjoy, with vibes of David Lynch's DUNE.) I really wanted more human interactivity moments.

But beyond that, that finale fight really bothers me. Nevermind the pacing issues where the movie is over when your big supposed show-stopping climax happens. How about the fact that nothing about it was really memorable and added nothing to the story and character development?* It was just punch punch smash smash, it could've been found in any other blockbuster CGI spectacle.

*=The filmmakers have said that ending and the massive destruction will be fundamentally dealt with in the sequel, which is quite a good idea.

Excellent post ronnie! You nailed it dead on! Well said.

While a part of me did like the movie, the slight twists that didn't make it the same old Superman story, I was not impressed with the length of anti climactic fighting that took place for most of the movie.

I liked the movie....but did not love it.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.