Just got back to hotel; spent almost 2 hours in the Emergency Room; hadda get 8 stitches between two fingers.

The Cubs had just gone ahead, and A. Ramirez was batting....he hit a foul ball straight at me. I stood up, watching and waiting and a whole bunch of hands went skyward reaching for the ball. Never taking my eye off the ball, I positioned myself perfectly, and felt the ball plop into my hand. I squeezed onto it, but some yahoo from two rows back had a plastic glass of beer there, too. Evidently the glass broke into pieces, and as I looked down on Lori (who was now covered by this yahoo) I saw she was "trapped" under this guy. He got up off her, and when I sat down to show her the ball, she freaked out.....my pants were covered with blood. She yanks me up, drags me out into the aisle (while passing over fellow fans in our row, dripping blood, and having them congratulate me for making a great catch). God was looking down on me because the ONLY First Aid Station in all Wrigley Field was only 100 feet away. They were able to stop the bleeding, and sent me on my way to the hospital.

It hurts like a mofo, and Lori just went down to the drug store to fill a prescription for a pain-killer.

Don Cardi heard about what happened and left a hilarious message on my phone (about "hitting" Bruno Tattaglia at 4 A.M. in retaliation for my wound).

Anyway, I'm OK, and am sorry I didn't call anyone back yet....Lori has my cell phone with all the numbers.