GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, Capri), 718 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,783
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,528
Posts1,062,424
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: carmela] #722590
06/26/13 07:21 PM
06/26/13 07:21 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: Ted

I agree more or less with your first 2 paragraphs (don't really know about the finer details you talk about), but have to disagree with the 3rd. Cali clearly has a lot of power. To move up as quickly as he has at his age pretty much shows that. His Sicilian connectiosn are overrated since it's not like the FBI is going to allow any substantial business to happen internationally. However, he has many allies and a strong business sense. That's more than enough in the Mafia today.

Well that's one thing that is not overrated: his sicilian connections. Not to quote a cheesy quote, but "over there he is everything". He's connected and in contact with top top bosses in sicily. He's got a lot of legitimate contacts though, in the US that he can do business with. I don't know how else to put it. To me, the way I see him is a smart businessman, not a killer, but not incapable of killing either.
He's smart, he's quiet, he's patient.

With regard to the article: did it really say anything any of you didn't know? It didn't say he's boss. It says sources are saying his rise to boss is imminent. It says he's set to be the next boss. And? Haven't you all been saying that all along? Anyone of you could have put that in an article and sold it. Read it very closely, there's nothing in it you all didn't already know.

What I meant is he can't do a lot with those connections because LE wont allow it like what they did with Operation Old Bridge.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722593
06/26/13 07:35 PM
06/26/13 07:35 PM
OldSmoke Offline
Made Member
OldSmoke  Offline
Made Member
Skinny, Pizza and Carmela...you're all spot on a couple times over. As usual.

When you live in an area with a lot of OC activity you have a different, first-hand, perspective on what's happening. You also can't disavow someone's first-hand knowledge from their community when your in England. Information dug up online from second hand sources will never be more credible than coming from someone on the scene, whether they know connected guys or just keep an ear to the ground to hear what's going on around town.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Dellacroce] #722628
06/27/13 12:26 AM
06/27/13 12:26 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Honestly.

Now we're all talking about the next fed indictment?

That has one thing in common with the rest of this thread:
You ALL have NO idea of Cali's standing/position in the family exactly the same as you ALL have NO idea of Fed investigations. I'm wrong on only two points: you are all either in the gambino administration or a fed supervisor of the gambino squad. If you're not then stop with the definitives and understand this is ALL loose speculation at best.

We know Cali's standing as much as we know up coming fed indictments, that is, fuck all.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #722803
06/27/13 06:47 PM
06/27/13 06:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Honestly.

You ALL have NO idea of Cali's standing/position in the family exactly the same as you ALL have NO idea of Fed investigations. I'm wrong on only two points: you are all either in the gambino administration or a fed supervisor of the gambino squad. If you're not then stop with the definitives and understand this is ALL loose speculation at best.

We know Cali's standing as much as we know up coming fed indictments, that is, fuck all.

Considering the news that Cali had been elevated to underboss came from Capeci, who is one of the most trustworthy sources on the mob, I'm inclined to believe that. At least unless more substantial information comes out one way or the other.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: IvyLeague] #722996
06/28/13 03:17 PM
06/28/13 03:17 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Honestly.

Considering the news that Cali had been elevated to underboss came from Capeci, who is one of the most trustworthy sources on the mob, I'm inclined to believe that. At least unless more substantial information comes out one way or the other.

OK, I agree IVY but why would Cefalu step down so quickly...doesn't make sense unless he's ill or is afraid some indictment is coming against him...

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: pizzaboy] #723223
06/29/13 07:08 PM
06/29/13 07:08 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Neighborhood guys: You have to realize that people from other parts of the world just can't conceive of the notion that some people live among wiseguys and that wiseguys are just regular neighborhood guys and not fucking movie stars. So when you pop off about what and who you know, you're going to be taken with a grain of salt by most people in Europe and Middle America (but I'll tell you all right the fuck now that Skinny and Carmela have already forgotten more about the life than most of you will ever know).

European guys and Google research guys: Have a little more faith in the people who have lived in these neighborhoods and dealt with these guys all their lives. If you open your minds, you'll be shocked to find out that some of us (yes, I modestly include myself) know what the fuck we're talking about.

Try to get along. That's my piece smile.

This is the best quote ever.Whta people dont realise is that a wiseguy is just a criminal from NY who is italian and decided to join an italian gang in his neighbourhood.There is no difference between him and a black guy from compton who decide to join his local crip gang.Or a japanese man who lives in Tokyo and joins his local YAkuza.If anyone on the planet decides to join a gang u just join your local ethnic gang whatever it may be.Its not like the bildaberg group or the illuminati where u have to be some sort of political underground high level world power to join.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: IvyLeague] #723242
06/29/13 08:15 PM
06/29/13 08:15 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Honestly.

Capeci speculates as well Ivy, his is word drawn from Law enforcement sources and relatively low end street sources (highly doubt he's got capo access or higher).

It's educated speculation, but speculation none the less.

I'm simply trying to point out no one knows. It's all conjecture. So if people can start refraining from definitives then that would help us all.

Until someone HIGH up flips, which may be tomorrow or 10yts from now, Cali's standing will be mere gossip.

Hell, we have no certainty he's even UB.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #723245
06/29/13 08:24 PM
06/29/13 08:24 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Incase you werent aware educated speculation is kinda the point of this forum.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #723300
06/30/13 09:47 AM
06/30/13 09:47 AM
J
Jimmythepen Offline
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline
J
Button
Capeci may well speculate but more often than not, he's on the money.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #723674
07/01/13 09:55 PM
07/01/13 09:55 PM
C
Ciccio67 Offline
Button
Ciccio67  Offline
C
Button
Most likely what ever capeci reports is solid info
Because law enforcement has some one that is feeding them info.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #723690
07/02/13 12:25 AM
07/02/13 12:25 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Capeci speculates as well Ivy, his is word drawn from Law enforcement sources and relatively low end street sources (highly doubt he's got capo access or higher).

It's educated speculation, but speculation none the less.

I'm simply trying to point out no one knows. It's all conjecture. So if people can start refraining from definitives then that would help us all.

Until someone HIGH up flips, which may be tomorrow or 10yts from now, Cali's standing will be mere gossip.

Hell, we have no certainty he's even UB.

I agree that we can't know for sure until a law enforcement source is directly quoted or an indictment comes down. But what Capeci reports holds more weight than unsubstantiated rumors by whoever in an article here or there.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull