Quote:

Yes. Gaggi took over Castellano´s old crew. Frank Scalise was dead by the time Gaggi was made.

Thanks for the info.

Quote:
If Paul ever tried to name Tommy Gambino as the next boss it would of been a disaster imo. Nobody really respected him and if you think the blue collar guys were pissed at Castellano you know they would of gone crazy with Tommy G being given the top slot. I doubt TG ever cracked an egg in his life.

I agree, Tommy was a capable white-collar criminal but would have never earned enough respect to last a week as boss. But he was Castellano's newphew, so Paul thought he owed it to Don Carlo to make Tommy boss someday. I think that making Bilotti UB after Dellacroce died was somehow supposed to help make that happen without the street-crews rebelling. It seems to be a bad plan aside from Bilotti's loyalty, from what I've heard Bilotti was incompetent.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi