GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, U talkin' da me ??, 1 invisible), 317 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,811
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,530
Posts1,062,536
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73099
09/21/04 03:13 PM
09/21/04 03:13 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

CBS Unsure of Document Source
Kerry Advisor Spoke to Burkett

Fellow conservatives -

if you supported the Swift Boat Vets when they released their report, but were angered when the Kerry campaign accused Bush officials of aiding them, fear not.

It's a vicious cycle.

Big-time lib Dan Rather finally opens his mouth too wide and tried to bash Bush with unfounded documents. And to top it off, a Kerry advisor is involved.

I guess this is just another typical Republican attack on the DNC's agenda. BTW, if you caught today's issue of the USA Today, they outline Kerry's proposals to be better than Bush in Iraq. "Train security forces in Iraq better." "Make sure the elections go on as planned." Duh...oops. I forgot. It must be nice to be so intellgent to come up with these ideas all on your own John, or are you just forgetting how you're planning on explaining how you can magically do it better than Bush?

Best of all - increasing foreign involvement in Iraq. I wonder how he\'ll do that...

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73100
09/22/04 12:05 AM
09/22/04 12:05 AM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline
Underboss
New York
How can a national figure mislead the American public and still maintain the support of the very people he mislead!?

"A refusal is not the act of a friend"
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73101
09/22/04 06:46 AM
09/22/04 06:46 AM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

I dunno. Ask the people who vote Democrat after John Kerry loses the election. :p

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73102
09/22/04 01:34 PM
09/22/04 01:34 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73103
09/22/04 05:06 PM
09/22/04 05:06 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73104
09/22/04 05:34 PM
09/22/04 05:34 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Funny caption, TIS...but you're veering slightly from the point of the CBS topic.

RATHER'S GAME IS OVER

L. Brent Bozell III
September 21, 2004

The jig is up. The game is over. CBS tried to energize the country into voting against President Bush by highlighting forged documents it said would prove Bush's failure to serve honorably in the Texas Air National Guard. The smoking gun went up in smoke. Once caught, CBS and Dan Rather could have responded with a simple apology. Instead, they went ballistic – and now must pay the price for their defiance.

For more than a week, Dan Rather responded like a cornered politician, blaming a vast right-wing conspiracy of "partisan political activists" for unfairly trying to change the subject from Bush's alleged misdeeds to CBS's increasingly obvious misdeeds.

In an interview with USA Today, Rather became seriously overwrought, charging that his "partisan" critics want him....dead? What? Look at Rather's glimpse inside the conservative mind, as he sees it and decrees it: "Because he won't report it our way, we're going to hang something bad around his neck and choke him with it, check him out of existence if we can, if not, make him feel great pain."

Rather's journalistic defenses weren't any more effective than his political attacks. First, CBS cited handwriting expert Marcel Matley and Gen. Bobby Hodges to vouch for its documents. But soon, Gen. Hodges had something else to say on the matter: CBS never showed him the documents, and when he finally did see them, he said they were forgeries. Matley also contradicted CBS, maintaining he could not authenticate the documents, because they're copies. The widow and son of Lt. Col. Jerry Killian, the supposed author of the phony memos, also denounced the documents as fake. The supposed superior pressing on Killian as described in the memos had retired 18 months earlier.

Innumerable news outlets easily found the inconsistencies and untruths within days – even hours – yet CBS, which claims it spent five years on the story, found....nothing wrong?

The real turning point of the Rathergate scandal came when ABC interviewed two document authenticators hired by CBS who said they warned CBS just days before the offending segment aired that they found "red flags" in the documents. The "honest mistake" defense was dead. CBS was now outed as complicit in this very ugly plot.

None of these developments were allowed inside Dan Rather's hermetically sealed news bubble in his on-air defenses on September 10 and September 14. The ultimate insult to the viewing public came on the next edition of "60 Minutes," a week after CBS aired the original fraud. The only guest was Marian Carr Knox, a secretary and typist for Lt. Col. Killian. The new CBS line, manufactured after the network flew Mrs. Knox to New York for a sit-down with Rather: Here's a single guest on camera who says our procured documents are phony, but she says the substance of them are true. And since that's all that counts, we continue to stand by our story.

What a complete dodge. A fake is a fake. Journalism schools don't teach that it's okay to fake a document to smoke out a larger "truth." (Would CBS endorse police departments planting evidence on criminal suspects who they believe are guilty for the larger "truth"?)

They may still pretend to dismiss conservative critics, but CBS and others will probably pay the most attention to the bottom line, and that broadcast news ratings meltdown continues. In 2001, the American Journalism Review reported the "CBS Evening News" lost half its viewership from 1981 to 2001. Last week, the show averaged 6.7 million viewers, which is still looks powerful next to everyday cable news ratings, but hardly represents the old hegemony of the Big Three over the political process.

When I titled my book "Weapons of Mass Distraction: The Coming Meltdown of the Liberal Media," I had no idea Dan Rather and CBS would provide such a blatant show-and-tell to prove my point. In its early days, the Big Three ruled the roost, and critics were treated like gnats, a small annoyance, easily ignored.

After decades of liberal media arrogance and abuse, a conservative media counterculture has arisen in cable news, talk radio, and the Internet. The conservative counterculture buzzes daily about the misinformation the liberal media tries to feed the people. Media accountability to their audience is now coming directly from the audience. Democracy has arrived at the CBS door. No wonder Dan Rather came unglued.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73105
09/22/04 07:23 PM
09/22/04 07:23 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73106
09/22/04 07:28 PM
09/22/04 07:28 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
I am loving this whole situation. Finally, some undisputable proof of liberal media bias. And for those of you who dont already know, I have an intense hatred toward the liberal media. Rather and CBS finally have their hands caught in the cookie jar. But they still wont admit that they have loyalty to Kerry. Its very very sad but I have confidence that all competent minded people now know the truth.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73107
09/22/04 07:31 PM
09/22/04 07:31 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
I am loving this whole situation. Finally, some undisputable proof of liberal media bias. And for those of you who dont already know, I have an intense hatred toward the liberal media. Rather and CBS finally have their hands caught in the cookie jar. But they still wont admit that they have loyalty to Kerry. Its very very sad but I have confidence that all competent minded people now know the truth.
Ragingbull people see what they want to see and don't see what they don't want to see. Hence why you hear all of these people saying the media doesn't give Kerry enough airtime...if Kerry got anymore airtime on these tv shows they would have to name the show after him.
But like all such cases if it wasnt for Foxnews this story would have been dead and buried.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73108
09/22/04 07:35 PM
09/22/04 07:35 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
I agree. Thank god for FOX News. And I got thinking the other day. Its a little off topic, but FOX really isnt a conservative biased network. Its neutral. Its because every other network is so overwhelmingly liberal that FOX seems conservative.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73109
09/22/04 07:39 PM
09/22/04 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
I agree. Thank god for FOX News. And I got thinking the other day. Its a little off topic, but FOX really isnt a conservative biased network. Its neutral. Its because every other network is so overwhelmingly liberal that FOX seems conservative.
yup you are correct about the conservativism of Fox News. Liberals can not stand to see Bush or any Republican getting air time so the minute they see a tv network showing both sides right away it is conservative (It shouldn't be fox news' fault that when the truth about Kerry gets out he looks like an idiot, they like their news sugar coated) Like as the democrats have said New Jersey is a lock for Kerry (58% to 40% in July) NOW its 50 Kerry to 47% Bush hmmmmmmmm they don't like that.

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73110
09/23/04 09:23 AM
09/23/04 09:23 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[QUOTE]...people see what they want to see and don't see what they don't want to see. Hence why you hear all of these people saying the media doesn't give Kerry enough airtime...if Kerry got anymore airtime on these tv shows they would have to name the show after him...
Speaking of which...Kerry made a guest appearance on Dave Letterman a few nights ago; even read a gag Top 10 list depicting Bush's tax plan.

So according to election 'rules' ... would President Bush not be entitled to 'equal time'???

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73111
09/23/04 09:29 AM
09/23/04 09:29 AM
California

California
Apple,

I have heard of those election rules as well. Earlier in the week, I did hear that Bush too was already on or soon going to be on Dr. Phil and a couple other shows. I think they said 3 appearances for each candidate was scheduled. I can't remember which shows though. You know they'd both want equal time. :p

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73112
09/23/04 10:01 AM
09/23/04 10:01 AM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
Never having watched Fox or CBS I can't voice an opinion (but that won't stop me posting!). However are there any plans for any of those riveting face-to-face TV debates this time round??

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73113
09/23/04 11:01 AM
09/23/04 11:01 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Senza Mama...where have you been??? Surely you have other sources of info other than Fox/CBS (and the Gangster BB...) !!!

The FIRST of 3 Presidential debates is scheduled for Sept. 30, a week from tonight.

2 more to follow during October, however offhand I do not have the scheduled dates.

And TIS ... yes, I'd heard about the scheduled Dr. Phil appearances by both Bush & Kerry. Right now, I'm wondering what Letterman is planning re the equal time requirement.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73114
09/23/04 11:23 AM
09/23/04 11:23 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Apple, He is from Ireland. Alittle outside our brodcast's reach.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73115
09/23/04 11:28 AM
09/23/04 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b] [QUOTE]...people see what they want to see and don't see what they don't want to see. Hence why you hear all of these people saying the media doesn't give Kerry enough airtime...if Kerry got anymore airtime on these tv shows they would have to name the show after him...
Speaking of which...Kerry made a guest appearance on Dave Letterman a few nights ago; even read a gag Top 10 list depicting Bush's tax plan.

So according to election 'rules' ... would President Bush not be entitled to 'equal time'???

Apple [/b][/quote]IF KErry was all for Equal time he wouldn't have had his wife/children campaigning during the Republican national Convention (an unwritten rule)

BUT I did like what Kerry said on Regis and Kelly. they showed a clip of the movie jackass and then Regis told Kerry he should go on the show. He said I have no need to go on the show, its like jackass at everyone of my campaign stops. So I take it he's calling his supporters jackasses there?!?! I don't know but he's about as funny as a hole in the head.

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73116
09/23/04 11:30 AM
09/23/04 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Apple,

I have heard of those election rules as well. Earlier in the week, I did hear that Bush too was already on or soon going to be on Dr. Phil and a couple other shows. I think they said 3 appearances for each candidate was scheduled. I can't remember which shows though. You know they'd both want equal time. :p

TIS
are you sure they weren't just talking about the 3 scheduled debates for each Candidate?

edit: sorry didn' read appleonya's post about it. The third debate is in mid-late October and is about national security or foreign policy I'm blanking on which one. All I have to say though is that if you are using the debates to decide who to vote for then you really shouldn't have the right to vote. i.e. Kerry's I'll cut taxes yet he voted over 352 times (pretty much the only thing he has to show for his 19 year senate career) to RAISE taxes...

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73117
09/23/04 11:34 AM
09/23/04 11:34 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
Apple, He is from Ireland. Alittle outside our brodcast's reach.
That would fly, fs...but for the Internet, and adequate source of news in itself!!

However, being reminded of location helps a bit...why WOULD anyone from Ireland or anywhere else outside the USA know of the debate schedule?

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73118
09/23/04 11:39 AM
09/23/04 11:39 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[QUOTE]...i.e. Kerry's I'll cut taxes yet he voted over 352 times (pretty much the only thing he has to show for his 19 year senate career) to RAISE taxes...
Right...EXCEPT for himself.
On his tax returns for I forget what year (maybe 2003), Kerry failed to check a specific box where those in his income bracket would be willing to contribute more in taxes.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73119
09/23/04 11:45 AM
09/23/04 11:45 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Hell, after reading some of the posts on this board. ( You and I know what/who I mean) You can be amazed that they know anything that may just be true anymore.
Just think how other people across the world must think of America, by reading the things posted here on this board.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73120
09/23/04 11:46 AM
09/23/04 11:46 AM
California

California
Speaking of the debates, I know we all know a lot goes into planning how these will be presented. However, I didn't realize that they go into so much detail.

I did hear this week that it was decided (or at least discussed) that both candidates will be sitting down during debates because Kerry is 4 inches taller than Bush. And that there would be no "reaction" shots of either candidate, just straight camera shots while each is speaking.

Not being a debater, but trying to visualize it if I were, it would seem one could be and/or appear more confident and be able to be more forceful in arguments, by standing. Or maybe it's with both sitting down, it would seem too relaxed considering the seriousness of these debates?? The height thing it seems wouldn't matter especially if they didn't show the two standing side by side, or just shot head shots or something. What do you guys think and do you know of any other presidential debate in which the candidates were seated????

TIS

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73121
09/23/04 11:57 AM
09/23/04 11:57 AM
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by fathersson:
[b] Apple, He is from Ireland. Alittle outside our brodcast's reach.
That would fly, fs...but for the Internet, and adequate source of news in itself!!

However, being reminded of location helps a bit...why WOULD anyone from Ireland or anywhere else outside the USA know of the debate schedule?

Apple [/b][/quote]Apple old friend, although we see just about everything from opposite sides of the room (I bet you really like Cat Stevens), I have a sneaky feeling we'd get on well if we met. Well it wouldn't be dull that's for sure.

I am aware of the story in this thread as it was quite widely reported over here. It's just I've never seen much of Fox or CBS to comment on their reporting style or political viewpoint. As for my interest in the debates, well as we've seen over the past 18 months the President of USA doesn't just have an impact on what happens inside America but in the rest of the world as well. So in that indirect sense the outcome of the election does affect me. Generally I think these TV "debates" can swing those who are genuinely undecided.

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73122
09/23/04 11:58 AM
09/23/04 11:58 AM

Tis when it comes to standing I just had a debate about this in one of my poli sci classes. A lot of men and women see height as strength. So for Bush to be standing next to Kerry it would look to some (sub conciously) that Kerry is the stronger and more fit for the job kind of thing.
With them both sitting they appear on the same playing field.

One of the debates between George H. Bush and Bill Clinton they were both seated

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73123
09/23/04 12:01 PM
09/23/04 12:01 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
...do you know of any other presidential debate in which the candidates were seated????
TIS
I vaguely recall that in at least ONE of the 2000 debates, Bush and Gore were seated; not sure if it was for the same reason.

Personally I think the height difference is a legitimate factor for the Bush people to bring up re debate rules. In a campaign as close as this one, everything possible may as well be taken into consideration.

In the case of Kerry...maybe a no wives campaigning rule might want to be taken into account !!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73124
09/23/04 12:03 PM
09/23/04 12:03 PM

Quote:
In the case of Kerry...maybe a no wives campaigning rule might want to be taken into account !!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO she's the best weapon the Republicans got.........Don't ever say that!! lol

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73125
09/23/04 03:17 PM
09/23/04 03:17 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Well, let's at least get this...I still don't understand why CBS gets fined for "tit"-tilating the Super Bowl audience, but Dan Rather gets off scott-free for falsely bashing the President? :p

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73126
09/23/04 04:35 PM
09/23/04 04:35 PM
Davis, CA
beatlewho01-02 Offline
Capo
beatlewho01-02  Offline
Capo
Davis, CA
I can hear it now. Karl Rove and his team giving high fives to each other. They won.

I'm posting on my blog again-

http://www.blogomonster.com/thesane1
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73127
09/23/04 04:43 PM
09/23/04 04:43 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
...Dan Rather gets off scott-free for falsely bashing the President? :p
Don't be so sure, Double-J. Rather may get to keep his job but his reputation and that of his network is sorely diminished. Like Nixon with Watergate...anything Rather has accomplished previously (which of course is little) will be overshadowed by this incredible scandal.

There are polls everywhere asking whether or not Rather should resign. I think that regardless of the polls (which seem to lean toward resignation) he'll stay...but will be somewhat of a laughing stock from here on in.

Well...long as he doesn't bare his breasts at us I guess I can tolerate it.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73128
09/23/04 04:46 PM
09/23/04 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by beatlewho01-02:
I can hear it now. Karl Rove and his team giving high fives to each other. They won.
Karl Rove had nothing to do with the false documents so if you want to say "he won" then he won by forfeit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull