It seems like every year either me or Tis starts this thread, and I always post the same thing. But everyone thinks I'm repetitive anyway, so . . .

The summer of 1977 was probably the most memorable of my life because that was the year I graduated high school. Plus, there was just SO much going on that summer: Son of Sam, the big NYC blackout, the heatwave (the Bronx really was burning---lol), and finally Elvis's passing.

I was out at a summer rental in Long Beach with a bunch of friends. We had rented the place as kind of a last hurrah before going off to college (well, some of my friends went away, but me, I went all the way from Hoffman and 187th streets to Fordham University whistle). Anyway, I'll never forget when it came over the radio. No on believed it. The King was dead frown.

And Giancarlo, you're exactly right with the Lennon analogy. It was like deja vu. I'll never forget that day either.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.