I don't remember reading your account of what happened on that day, Pizzaboy. So thanks for sharing your experience. And thanks for the pictures and background Mary Cas.

I remember being at work and getting a call from my mom that both towers were hit by airplanes. I remember her asking why a pilot would do that and I replied that it had to be terrorism. No sane person would fly a plane into a building.

A bunch of us at work milled about for awhile, obviously not being able to concentrate on doing anything productive. So we walked over to another building on campus that had a TV. We were there 5 minutes and saw the South Tower fall on live TV. Everybody in the room just stopped and we all gasped.

Around 11:00 the Cleveland mayor ordered an evacuation of downtown. Our tallest building, Key Tower, was about one-half the size of the Twin Towers. So it was certainly a viable target. At that point, not all aircraft had been accounted for. My wife & I drove in together that day. When we were driving home, which is normally a 20 minute commute, we heard a radio report that there was a bomb on plane at the Cleveland airport tarmac. This airport was five minutes from where we lived, so traffic was diverted as a precaution. It took us about 2 hours to get home.

If you're not old enough to remember 9/11, this is what I always will remember. ANYTHING was possible on 9/11. Once that first plane hit the North Tower at 8:46 a.m., the world changed The unthinkable had not only occurred, but the fabric of our society was forever altered.