Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
It depends on the point of view. To me, they are no better than murderers. Morality and the sense of compassion for the abandoned children matter very much to me, more than THIS kind of "rights". Freedom is a good concept, but when people are free to do really EVERYTHING WITHOUT EXCEPTION, society will disappear.

Let's be clear, legal matters don't depend on point of views or morality. He said they have no right. But they do. They can abandon their children in churches, fire stations and locations like that and stop being parents. Morality is a whole other issue which I wasn't talking about. If someone can't provide for their children, maybe it isn't that immoral in my book either. Someone who can't feed themselves, are not expected to take care of another dependent.

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
All medical matters of a person are subjected to privacy rights.

So a child is not a person with a right to live no matter what?

Of course all living beings have a right to life. However, that right should not be forced on others. If you be the only one who can give body parts to your dying child and save him/her, and if you choose not to do so, are you a murderer? I don't think so. It's your body. You legally are not required to do so. That's a person. Its life depends on you. Still you don't have to save it.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones