Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Parents have no right to evict their children from the crib...

Since when? What law mandates this? Parents could stop being parents. They aren't murderers for abandoning their children.

Your argument for saying not being viable is the same as a person who needs medical assistance is simply false. The very big difference is that you don't make anyone take care of them. Those who do, do it voluntarily with love, or professionally with pays and benefits. Both can walk out any time they wish.

That was the argument posted at Libertarians for Life.

I think the form of abandonment they have in mind is NOT bringing their unwanted children to a hospital or fire station, but abandoning them to the elements, as in leaving them in their cribs and totally ignoring/neglecting them, including not giving them food or water. Leaving the baby in the crib while the rest of the family moves out of the house never to return. THAT sort of abandonment. I don't consider giving up a child to be adopted abandonment -- that can actually be a very loving thing.

Regarding what a person does to themselves in privacy doesn't wash either. Take for example a mentally disturbed person cuts off her own hand, or nose. Is she going to be left alone because of her privacy rights? I let you answer that one.

Last edited by Faithful1; 10/01/13 12:53 PM.