Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
we trade with China, but China isn't even communist anymore, they are just about as mixed as anybody in some cases.
That'll be news to the Chinese.

"Mixed", huh? Notice any democracy in the mixture?

Quote:
You're giving the USSR a little too much credit as far as winning World War II. I won't deny they were strong allies, but they were also a tyrannical power.
The fact that they were a tyrannical power has nothing to do with the fact that while we may have eventually won WW II without them, it sure was a helluva lot easier with them.

I don't have the stats, but I can tell you for sure that a lot more Russans died fighting half the German Army on the Eastern front than Americans died in Western Europe and the South Pacific.

Some military historians say that we don't give the Russians enough credit.

Yeah, sure, we represented two completely different idealogies fighting an enemy common to both, but that really has nothing to do with them helping us win.

I fail to see how the fact that they were a tyrannical power (which they absolutely were) means that Pat was giving them too much credit for their aid in winning. It was every bit as much their war as it was ours. They could say the same thing about our help.

"Difficult....not impossible"