Originally posted by Turnbull:
The resolution appears in a deleted scene from GFII (which is included in the DVD set "extras" disc and spliced in chronological order in the TV "Saga" version). Neri, in the boathouse at Anthony's party, shows Michael a photo of Fabrizio and tells him that Fab came to America in 1955, "sponsored by the Barzini family." Then we see Fab closing up his pizza parlor (called "Fred's Pizza"). He gets into a '58 Ford station wagon that blows up as soon as he hits the ignition. In another scene that was filmed but never included in any GF compilation, Michael himself barges into Fab's pizza parlor and blows him away with Fab's own lupara. A couple of stills of this scene appear in Harlan Lebo's excellent "The Godfather Legacy." I'd give anything to see that scene.
In the novel, a Corleone henchman comes into Fab's pizza place (in Buffalo, NY), demands to see a fancy tattoo that Fab has on his chest (presumably to verify his identity), then shoots him in the tattoo. [/QB]
I would give anything to see that as well. They used those stills in some TV ads to promote The Godfather, but yet you never see Pacino wearing that hat throughout the movie.

I think it would be cooler to see Michael blow Fabrizio away. Imagine the look that must've been in his eyes when he pulled the trigger. grin

"Ahh, rock stars...is there anything they don't know?" - Homer J. Simpson