GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 614 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,781
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,524
Posts1,062,348
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: Extortion] #751532
12/04/13 04:33 PM
12/04/13 04:33 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Seems like we have gotten way off topic. The decavalcante's are intriguing because they seem to have carved out a small niche despite competition from several other larger families in their area. Their history is also not as well known as the NY families, which have been told over and over again.

And as far as this race thing goes. Their is a small neighborhood in the north Bronx called Edenwald, (part of Wakefield). It's a legit black middle class neighborhood. I used to deliver mail there. There are nice lawns, single family homes, gardens, clean. No iron bars on the windows. No crappy mcmansions either. I'm white, and I would live there. It's centered right around Pitman Avenue off White Plains Road.

There are people here suggesting that blacks only ruin neighborhoods. Not true.

Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: domwoods74] #751536
12/04/13 04:47 PM
12/04/13 04:47 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@pizzaboy

you sound like a rhodes scholar saying it's black peeps fault that people hate them

the majority of racist whites have never seen a black person in person

white flight played a big role in the diminished recruiting grounds for the mafia

Last edited by cookcounty; 12/04/13 04:50 PM.
Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: Scalish] #751540
12/04/13 05:03 PM
12/04/13 05:03 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Scalish
Dellacroce don't feel bad I am half Italian and the other half portuguesse so I can't figure what the hell I am.

I'm half Italian, half Polish-Irish:

So my rents ended up with:
A Mama's boy who wants to cook and bang every girl he meets, but is too stupid and drunk to carry through with either.

Last edited by FrankMazola; 12/04/13 05:06 PM.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: LuanKuci] #751547
12/04/13 05:36 PM
12/04/13 05:36 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
yeah from what I know if you were born here to Italian-born parents you are 1st generation, the first to be born on American soil. Or so I've been told.

A first generation Italian (or whatever nationality) is someone who immigrated here. So the first to be born on American soil is a second generation Italian.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: Ted] #751550
12/04/13 05:45 PM
12/04/13 05:45 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ted
Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
yeah from what I know if you were born here to Italian-born parents you are 1st generation, the first to be born on American soil. Or so I've been told.

A first generation Italian (or whatever nationality) is someone who immigrated here. So the first to be born on American soil is a second generation Italian.

An Italian who was born in italy is..guess what...an Italian.

A 1st generation Italian-American is anyone who was born here to Italian-born parents. Hence he/she is the first to be born on US soil.

...Still this is not the appropriate thread to discuss this.
Let's go back to the Jersey boys...

Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: Extortion] #751551
12/04/13 05:52 PM
12/04/13 05:52 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Extortion
Coming back to a forum based on internet crushes is kinda cute

funny...my point is I enjoy reading their posts since they seem to be the most knowledgeable in the region i live in about current and past OC

cool post though

When Interpol?
Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: Flushing] #751552
12/04/13 05:53 PM
12/04/13 05:53 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Flushing
Their is a small neighborhood in the north Bronx called Edenwald, (part of Wakefield). It's a legit black middle class neighborhood. I used to deliver mail there. There are nice lawns, single family homes, gardens, clean. No iron bars on the windows. No crappy mcmansions either. I'm white, and I would live there. It's centered right around Pitman Avenue off White Plains Road.

I agree, Flushing. I think you and I have discussed that area in the past, so I'm not sure if I mentioned it. But my wife owns and operates two laundromats up that way, so I'm up there a lot. Lots of private homes and working class people, and the neighborhood is predominantly Black.

And that's all you can ask for out of your neighbors: that they work (or at least make the effort to work in this job market). Because I don't want lazy, unemployed white trash living next door to me anymore than I want lazy, unemployed Black people living next door to me. Call me crazy.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: cheech] #751554
12/04/13 05:57 PM
12/04/13 05:57 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
You're pretty knowledgeable yourself, Cheech.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: domwoods74] #751567
12/04/13 07:05 PM
12/04/13 07:05 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Lol FrankMazola. I thought I was fucked up lol just kidding bro.

Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: domwoods74] #751599
12/04/13 09:20 PM
12/04/13 09:20 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
Brotha cheech! Lol what's up

Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: pizzaboy] #751646
12/05/13 11:24 AM
12/05/13 11:24 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Their is a small neighborhood in the north Bronx called Edenwald, (part of Wakefield). It's a legit black middle class neighborhood. I used to deliver mail there. There are nice lawns, single family homes, gardens, clean. No iron bars on the windows. No crappy mcmansions either. I'm white, and I would live there. It's centered right around Pitman Avenue off White Plains Road.

I agree, Flushing. I think you and I have discussed that area in the past, so I'm not sure if I mentioned it. But my wife owns and operates two laundromats up that way, so I'm up there a lot. Lots of private homes and working class people, and the neighborhood is predominantly Black.

And that's all you can ask for out of your neighbors: that they work (or at least make the effort to work in this job market). Because I don't want lazy, unemployed white trash living next door to me anymore than I want lazy, unemployed Black people living next door to me. Call me crazy.

I liked that area, pizza. It gets a little sketch down by Barnes Avenue, close to the train. But around Pitman , Bruner and Grace Avenues it's very nice. Yeah I think we have discussed this before when I was asking which mob guys ran Wakefield. I have always been curious about that. A lot of stories in the Post Office about it, but really only a few Italian people left in the area.

Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: Flushing] #751701
12/05/13 03:41 PM
12/05/13 03:41 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yeah I think we have discussed this before when I was asking which mob guys ran Wakefield. I have always been curious about that.

Oh, okay. I don't remember whether I replied or not, so forgive me if I'm being repetitive. But as far as I can recall, Mikey Salerno ran that area for the Luccheses for many, many years. He owned a lot of property along White Plains Road between 237th and 241st. His cafe was there, so was his after hours and a couple of candy stores. He also had a body shop up on Macquestion Parkway, on the Mount Vernon side of the border.

But after he got whacked (around 1990), that's when the neighborhood really started to change. So most of those spots became retail outlets for the Haitian and Jamaican community that eventually displaced the Italians in the area. And an old timer named Mike (sorry, I'm not providing his last name, even though he's dead) ran a couple of numbers spots for the Westside in that area as well (from around Nereid down to Baychester).

but really only a few Italian people left in the area.

Well, I wouldn't have called it a strictly Italian neighborhood back then anyway. Certainly not like Pelham Bay or Belmont. But there were lots of Italians around there back in the '60s and '70s. When I went to Mount Saint Michael (1973-1977), all of the private homes from Carpenter to Baychester seemed to have a Virgin Mary on the front lawns whistle. Today . . . not so much. It's a predominantly Black area today. But like I said, it's working class with lots of nice, decent people smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: domwoods74] #751709
12/05/13 03:51 PM
12/05/13 03:51 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

im guessing they havnt had a rat in 10+ yrs the recruiting pool in nj is huge im sure they filled there ranks right back up. they got the whole state, the familys been around just as long as the others and they always got the zips like the one in the pizza trial, who wanted to kill rotondo wife and kids. there was only 30 in the 1960tys but the got the ok to make almost 75. so what vinny ocean flipped there still a lot that didn't. know one thinks they didn't make a dozen guys in the last 5 yrs.

Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: pmac] #751720
12/05/13 04:17 PM
12/05/13 04:17 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
im guessing they havnt had a rat in 10+ yrs the recruiting pool in nj is huge im sure they filled there ranks right back up. they got the whole state, the familys been around just as long as the others and they always got the zips like the one in the pizza trial, who wanted to kill rotondo wife and kids. there was only 30 in the 1960tys but the got the ok to make almost 75. so what vinny ocean flipped there still a lot that didn't. know one thinks they didn't make a dozen guys in the last 5 yrs.

The thing is, most of that recruiting pool will want to be associated with the 5 families in Jersey. But yeah, I'd be shocked if they haven't made a decent amount of guys, especially with Guaracci as acting head and the considerable 'Italian' population.

Re: Decavalcante acting boss [Re: pizzaboy] #751758
12/05/13 06:20 PM
12/05/13 06:20 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Yeah I think we have discussed this before when I was asking which mob guys ran Wakefield. I have always been curious about that.

Oh, okay. I don't remember whether I replied or not, so forgive me if I'm being repetitive. But as far as I can recall, Mikey Salerno ran that area for the Luccheses for many, many years. He owned a lot of property along White Plains Road between 237th and 241st. His cafe was there, so was his after hours and a couple of candy stores. He also had a body shop up on Macquestion Parkway, on the Mount Vernon side of the border.

But after he got whacked (around 1990), that's when the neighborhood really started to change. So most of those spots became retail outlets for the Haitian and Jamaican community that eventually displaced the Italians in the area. And an old timer named Mike (sorry, I'm not providing his last name, even though he's dead) ran a couple of numbers spots for the Westside in that area as well (from around Nereid down to Baychester).

but really only a few Italian people left in the area.

Well, I wouldn't have called it a strictly Italian neighborhood back then anyway. Certainly not like Pelham Bay or Belmont. But there were lots of Italians around there back in the '60s and '70s. When I went to Mount Saint Michael (1973-1977), all of the private homes from Carpenter to Baychester seemed to have a Virgin Mary on the front lawns whistle. Today . . . not so much. It's a predominantly Black area today. But like I said, it's working class with lots of nice, decent people smile.

Thanks for that info. I remember a coffee shop under the el on White Plains Road just called "espresso". It was hardly ever open, and never got mail, until one day I saw if full of old white guys. Which of course was unusual for that street. I was up there in 1999 and 2000 I think. And I remember Mount Saint Michaels too!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull