GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 934 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,008
DE NIRO 44,954
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,441
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,835
Posts1,070,147
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756241
12/30/13 11:39 AM
12/30/13 11:39 AM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: JCB1977
Out of all the mafia families that have been decimated by RICO and age & attrition, who do you think were the strongest in terms of influence in their respected geographic territories and why? Not based on the popularity of each mafia boss, but their true power and influence?

Defunct families include: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Rochester, St. Louis, Dallas, Denver, San Jose, San Francisco, Tampa, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Rockford or Des Moines?

Pittsburgh, Northeastern Pennsylvania, and Rockford are still very much alive, Milwaukeee and Tampa are on life support but still active, there never were a Des Moines (Chicago crew) or a Dallas (a New Orleans crew)family, and Rochester never actually functioned as a family in spite of their attempt to seperate from Buffalo.
I would say KC and Tampa would have been neck and neck at the peak of their power

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: TheArm] #756276
12/30/13 01:36 PM
12/30/13 01:36 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TheArm
Out of all the mafia families that have been decimated by RICO and age & attrition, who do you think were the strongest in terms of influence in their respected geographic territories and why? Not based on the popularity of each mafia boss, but their true power and influence?

Defunct families include: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Rochester, St. Louis, Dallas, Denver, San Jose, San Francisco, Tampa, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Rockford or Des Moines?

Pittsburgh, Northeastern Pennsylvania, and Rockford are still very much alive, Milwaukeee and Tampa are on life support but still active, there never were a Des Moines (Chicago crew) or a Dallas (a New Orleans crew)family, and Rochester never actually functioned as a family in spite of their attempt to seperate from Buffalo.
I would say KC and Tampa would have been neck and neck at the peak of their power

I have little or no knowledge of Eastern Pennsylvania. However I have some knowledge of Pittsburgh. That being said: "Pittsburgh is still very much alive". That would be a big surprise!

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: TheArm] #756277
12/30/13 01:37 PM
12/30/13 01:37 PM
All Over
NinoSconza Offline
ACTING BOSS
NinoSconza  Offline
ACTING BOSS
Made Member
All Over

How long did the ABC Wars last when you were protecting your investments ? How did you just walk away? My friends uncle tried to walk away from the Colombo's but they wouldn't let them because of his shy operation. The pressure of mob life got to him he drank himself to death.

Last edited by NinoSconza; 12/30/13 01:39 PM.

The Sconza Crime Family

UNDISPUTED DEFACTO CARETAKER "BOSS" - SKINNY !!!
ACTING BOSS: NINO SCONZA (Awaiting Trial)
UNDERBOSS : Alfonse "Madbull" Capuzzi
Consigliere: Dellocroce
Street Boss: CHEECH (Supervised Release)
CAPO Joe "Search Function" Schmouzzi
Solider : Nino Sconza Jr.
Florida Faction
Capo Dr. PB (BOCA)
Associate: Jose LNU
SICILIAN FACTION
BOSS: CARMELA "Gravy"
UNDERBOSS: SALVATORE "SNAKES" RUSSO
Associates: A few guys from Harlem they ain't Italian but they get money!!!!

" Skinny he's a stand up guy". A man's man". They don't make guys like skinny no more."
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756282
12/30/13 01:42 PM
12/30/13 01:42 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Even Wikipedia considers the Buffalino family dead and gone! "Very much alive" is a huge stretch considering that 99% of the made guys in that fam are "very much dead".

Last edited by Snakes; 12/30/13 01:44 PM.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: NinoSconza] #756289
12/30/13 01:58 PM
12/30/13 01:58 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: NinoSconza

How long did the ABC Wars last when you were protecting your investments ? How did you just walk away? My friends uncle tried to walk away from the Colombo's but they wouldn't let them because of his shy operation. The pressure of mob life got to him he drank himself to death.

I wasnt so much protecting my "investments", I was very comfortable eaerning and kicking up to people I had known since I was a kid, and I would be fucked with a chainsaw before I would kick up to mutts like Nappi and Bretti or some other coke addicted NYC importfrom the Columbos. I have family in the Scranton/Pittston family as well, which made for some interesting weddings and funerals back then. My involvement began around 1978 and eneded when I got out of Prison in the mid 90s after doing 14 months.(I was lucky, it was a totally botched case) I was able to walk away becuse I was faceing RICO charges, and I rolled over on NO ONE. Dont get me wrong, I dabbled in some things after that and I still keep my associations, but no one has come to me looking for a weekly envelope in about 20 years

Last edited by TheArm; 12/30/13 02:00 PM.

Been there and done it
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756291
12/30/13 02:03 PM
12/30/13 02:03 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
I'll answer the NE PA and Pittsburg questions in a single post. The problem with the media reports and the internet is that waht you see are "snapshots". someassume that since you read an account from 2010 that declare a family "dead" that 1. They know what they are talking about, and 2. That those who have been in line for years just "go away"...they don't.
Such is the case with both Pittsburgh and Scranton

Been there and done it
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756294
12/30/13 02:13 PM
12/30/13 02:13 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
JCB, regardless of everyone's opinion on him, is pretty much recognized around here as the authority on the PA families (sans Philly) and he will be the first to tell you that Pitt and the Bufalinos, with the exception of a handful of octogenarians, are virtually non-existent.

Last edited by Snakes; 12/30/13 04:03 PM.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: TheArm] #756314
12/30/13 04:00 PM
12/30/13 04:00 PM
Southeastern Massachusetts
JCB1977 Offline OP
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline OP
Underboss
Pitt, Scranton and Rockford are defunct...let's not go down this road, there is no structure

Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: TheArm] #756316
12/30/13 04:01 PM
12/30/13 04:01 PM
JCB1977 Offline OP
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline OP
Underboss
I've researched Pittsburgh for over a decade for several authors, you tell me the hierarchy.

Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756318
12/30/13 04:13 PM
12/30/13 04:13 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
JCB , I know the alleged boss is Thomas ciancutti but I agree they r the remnants of wot is left of the crime family , what books have u researched for regarding the Pittsburgh mob ??? I wouldn't mind reading about some of the smaller families ??

Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756319
12/30/13 04:15 PM
12/30/13 04:15 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
I've researched Pittsburgh for over a decade for several authors, you tell me the hierarchy.

The hierarchy is the same as it has been for years except with the "official boss we all know, and a de-facto boss, Bobby Iannellibeing the one who matters. Last I knew first hand, as of mid 2012 there are 3 capos with a membership of soldiers that number about 18, and a couple dozen associates
...you being the self annointed authority, if something has changed I would be interested in hearing

Last edited by TheArm; 12/30/13 04:16 PM.

Been there and done it
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756320
12/30/13 04:20 PM
12/30/13 04:20 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Southeastern Massachusetts Pitt, Scranton and Rockford are defunct...let's not go down this road, there is no structure

You are in the simplest terms..wrong, I know this becuase for one thing, I just had drinks with some of the "structure" in Rockford over the weekend. If you are ever in the area, stop by Cappy's for some ribs, or the Saint Ambrogio society for the fish fry, both are a treat, and you can se the "structure" with your own eyes

Last edited by TheArm; 12/30/13 04:23 PM.

Been there and done it
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: Snakes] #756321
12/30/13 04:25 PM
12/30/13 04:25 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: Snakes
JCB, regardless of everyone's opinion on him, is pretty much recognized around here as the authority on the PA families (sans Philly) and he will be the first to tell you that Pitt and the Bufalinos, with the exception of a handful of octogenarians, are virtually non-existent.

I remember a "handful of octogenarians" is how the FBI described their "breaking" of the Genovese family several years back...ummm...how does it look today?

Been there and done it
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: TheArm] #756324
12/30/13 04:35 PM
12/30/13 04:35 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
The hierarchy is the same as it has been for years except with the "official boss we all know, and a de-facto boss, Bobby Iannellibeing the one who matters. Last I knew first hand, as of mid 2012 there are 3 capos with a membership of soldiers that number about 18, and a couple dozen associates
...you being the self annointed authority, if something has changed I would be interested in hearing

and to think that all this time i've been misled into thinking it was just an old man who spends most of his days at the dog track, shame on me! lets contrast the info that we've been presented: jcb, who has spent plenty of time regarding pittsburg has stated numerous times they have one made guy left who is still paid some gambling tribute.on the other hand, a "connected" guy who seemingly has inroads with numerous "families" claims they have 3 capos, 18 soldiers, and dozens of associates! confused

ARM, my only question for you is can you count to potato? lol

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: Five_Felonies] #756325
12/30/13 04:40 PM
12/30/13 04:40 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies

and to think that all this time i've been misled into thinking it was just an old man who spends most of his days at the dog track, shame on me! lets contrast the info that we've been presented: jcb, who has spent plenty of time regarding pittsburg has stated numerous times they have one made guy left who is still paid some gambling tribute.on the other hand, a "connected" guy who seemingly has inroads with numerous "families" claims they have 3 capos, 18 soldiers, and dozens of associates! confused

ARM, my only question for you is can you count to potato? lol

Who is Bobby Iannelli brainiac?...I have a few seconds, tell me everything you know about him....i'll wait...Who is John Hankish? How about Tommy Uvanni?
Listen to people who get their "inside information" from Google instead of someone who actually knows....you will go far in life son

Last edited by TheArm; 12/30/13 04:41 PM.

Been there and done it
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: domwoods74] #756326
12/30/13 04:49 PM
12/30/13 04:49 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
JCB , I know the alleged boss is Thomas ciancutti but I agree they r the remnants of wot is left of the crime family , what books have u researched for regarding the Pittsburgh mob ??? I wouldn't mind reading about some of the smaller families ??

I too would be interested in knowing what books he is reading on these smaller depleted LCN families, becuse clearly some of the info in them is flawed

Been there and done it
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756327
12/30/13 04:52 PM
12/30/13 04:52 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
The arm , r u saying the Pittsburgh mob still has a structured mob with 3 captains and 18 made guys ?? I'm not saying your wrong I'm interested to know , r the made guys left just the remnants of what is left of the family or r they still making new guys ??

Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: domwoods74] #756329
12/30/13 04:55 PM
12/30/13 04:55 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
The arm , r u saying the Pittsburgh mob still has a structured mob with 3 captains and 18 made guys ?? I'm not saying your wrong I'm interested to know , r the made guys left just the remnants of what is left of the family or r they still making new guys ??

mate, don't pay any mind to this muppet. he takes the piss for sure! wink

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: Five_Felonies] #756330
12/30/13 05:02 PM
12/30/13 05:02 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies

mate, don't pay any mind to this muppet. he takes the piss for sure! wink

In other words "mate"...you don't know the answers to my questions, which anyone who even mentions the Pitt family should know....so you know nothing...why didnt you just say so?

Been there and done it
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: domwoods74] #756331
12/30/13 05:05 PM
12/30/13 05:05 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County

I can tell you for absolutly certainty this was the case less than 24 months ago...it involved an underboss becomeing the defacto boss, making 2 made guys capos and circling the wagons and taking stock in the personelle they had. The major rackets are shylocking, video poker and juice from non member books

Been there and done it
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756348
12/30/13 07:04 PM
12/30/13 07:04 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
TheArm, Dallas was indeed its own family and was never part of the New Orleans family. Dallas had joint operations with New Orleans, Kansas City, San Jose, and Denver crime families. It has been rumored that the Dallas crime family served as a buffer when the Colorado crime families (there were two of them till they merged into one) and Kansas City who were going at it in 1919/20 during prohibition.

On saying that Pittsburg, Scranton and Rockford are viable, I see no family structure in any of them.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: TheArm] #756364
12/30/13 08:06 PM
12/30/13 08:06 PM
All Over
NinoSconza Offline
ACTING BOSS
NinoSconza  Offline
ACTING BOSS
Made Member
All Over
Originally Posted By: NinoSconza

I wasnt so much protecting my "investments", I was very comfortable eaerning and kicking up to people I had known since I was a kid, and I would be fucked with a chainsaw before I would kick up to mutts like Nappi and Bretti or some other coke addicted NYC importfrom the Columbos. I have family in the Scranton/Pittston family as well, which made for some interesting weddings and funerals back then. My involvement began around 1978 and eneded when I got out of Prison in the mid 90s after doing 14 months.(I was lucky, it was a totally botched case) I was able to walk away becuse I was faceing RICO charges, and I rolled over on NO ONE. Dont get me wrong, I dabbled in some things after that and I still keep my associations, but no one has come to me looking for a weekly envelope in about 20 years

Well that's about to change. Starting in 2014 I'm going to need an envelope from you "ARM" don't think I forgot about you. I'm a very very very busy man, so I'll send my solider Domenic Salerno he's a solider with the Genovese Family. Any other questions/problems/concerns/ call my Capo Joe "Search Function" Schmotuzzi he's the resident tough-guy in the greater Northeast. If you refuse to kick up, then you must have a sit-down with the undisputed de facto boss "SKINNY".

The Sconza Crime Family

Florida Faction
Capo Dr. PB (BOCA)
SICILIAN FACTION

" Skinny he's a stand up guy". A man's man". They don't make guys like skinny no more."
Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756365
12/30/13 08:07 PM
12/30/13 08:07 PM
All Over
NinoSconza Offline
ACTING BOSS
NinoSconza  Offline
ACTING BOSS
Made Member
All Over
OH and BTW Snakes! Snakes! Snakes ! I don't know NO SNAKES!

The Sconza Crime Family

Florida Faction
Capo Dr. PB (BOCA)
SICILIAN FACTION

Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: TheArm] #756368
12/30/13 08:24 PM
12/30/13 08:24 PM
All Over
NinoSconza Offline
ACTING BOSS
NinoSconza  Offline
ACTING BOSS
Made Member
All Over

I can tell you for absolutly certainty this was the case less than 24 months ago...it involved an underboss becomeing the defacto boss, making 2 made guys capos and circling the wagons and taking stock in the personelle they had. The major rackets are shylocking, video poker and juice from non member books

FiveFelonies if the arm doesn't start kicking up..you know what to do you have my blessing. Were trying to get Skinny bail right now.

The Sconza Crime Family

Florida Faction
Capo Dr. PB (BOCA)
SICILIAN FACTION

Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: TheArm] #756369
12/30/13 08:33 PM
12/30/13 08:33 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
I can tell you for absolutly certainty this was the case less than 24 months ago...it involved an underboss becomeing the defacto boss, making 2 made guys capos and circling the wagons and taking stock in the personelle they had. The major rackets are shylocking, video poker and juice from non member books [/quote]

wouldn't the feds tied in Bobby if he was involved?

http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/4687442-74/melocchi-former-gambling#axzz2p0WjZuXh

Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: TheArm] #756462
12/31/13 02:01 PM
12/31/13 02:01 PM
JCB1977 Offline OP
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline OP
Underboss
Arm,

I had two people in my family who were high ranking made members in Pittsburgh. I personally know quite a few of the guys in Pittsburgh, as well as Youngstown and Cleveland. I have been working on a project with two authors regarding Pittsburgh/Youngstown and I am telling you that you are wrong. Mike Genovese (I know his son very well) made 5 guys during his reign...and Mike was the last "recognized" boss of the family. In 1986, he made Chucky Porter and Sonny Ciancutti, in 1987 he made Joey Naples and Lenny Strollo (both from Youngstown) and in 1989 he made Henry "Zebo" Zottola. I have interviewed former Special Agent Roger Greenbank at length as well as SA Bob Garrity, both of them who were head of the OC task force in Pittsburgh for over 25 years. In fact, Roger Greenbank is hands down the most knowledgeable person regarding LCN in Pittsburgh, as he and his team dismantled the family. The family became defunct in 2006 after Mike Genovese passed away. It is an insult to the hard work we have put into this project for you to come on the forum and make up some ludicrous statement that they made new guys when there is no boss. Bobby Iannelli never was made, as he and the Williams Brothers (Sal & Adolfo) took over Tony Grosso's numbers/sports betting operation.

• Robert Iannelli, also known as "Bobby I." Iannelli, an associate of the Pittsburgh Family, acquired, during the mid-1980s, a significant portion of Tony Grosso's numbers empire after Grosso's conviction for federal gambling and tax violations. Iannelli expanded in the greater Pittsburgh gambling market. In outlying counties, operations laid off action to Iannelli. Iannelli's sports and bookmaking enterprise ultimately became the largest in Western Pennsylvania.
His organization included bookmakers in at least six Pennsylvania counties and several other states. Iannelli used Chub's Place, McCandless Township, Allegheny County, a restaurant operated by his family, as a drop-off point for monies owed to the enterprise. The organization was tied through layoff activity to several other major gambling enterprises in Western Pennsylvania, including the Frank Unis, Jr., operation in Beaver
County. On June 18, 1990, Iannelli and a number of bookmakers affiliated with him were indicted by a state grand jury and were charged with operating a multi-million dollar a year sports and numbers bookmaking enterprise. Indicted with Iannelli were two of his chief operatives, Albert Diulus of Pittsburgh and Ralph Romano of Carnegie.

• Adolph "Junior" Williams, Eugene Williams and Salvatore Williams The Williams organization, which dominates
numbers action in the Hill District, in the East End of Pittsburgh, and in the McKees Rocks area, was also heir to part of Tony Grosso's gambling empire. The Williams brothers operated two Pittsburgh businesses, Guglielmo Jewelry Store and Sugar's Deli. Sugar's Deli, 1501 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, has been used by the Williams brothers to collect and sort bets. Additionally, Salvatore Williams has acquired over 40 properties in the Hill District, a large Black section of Pittsburgh. The Williams operation has also been connected to the gambling enterprise operated by Paul "No Legs" Hankish in Wheeling, WV. The Williams organization has a number of Black numbers writers in its organization, including Joseph Stotts, who accepts wagers from several Black numbers writers and collectors in the Hill District and the East End of Pittsburgh. He then forwards the action to the Williams operation. During the late 1980s, Adolph Williams used John Deep, then-operator of the 900 Club, McKees Rocks, and his brother Eugene Williams to expand his numbers operation in McKees Rocks. A competitor for numbers business at that time was Robert Mancini who, on October 24, 1988, was a homicide victim. The homicide remains unsolved. In May 1989, state authorities arrested Adolph and Eugene Williams, along with Kenneth "Leroy" Scotty, and charged them with operating an illegal lottery and bookmaking business. Those charges emanated from a grand jury investigation of gambling activities in the McKees Rocks, Allegheny County area. In March 1990, Eugene Williams entered a no contest plea to three gambling charges and was fined $1,000. Kenneth Scotty was convicted in August 1990, on three lotteries counts. Charges
against Adolph "Junior" Williams were dismissed earlier by a district magistrate who ruled that the state had
provided insufficient evidence.

Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: TheArm] #756463
12/31/13 02:04 PM
12/31/13 02:04 PM
JCB1977 Offline OP
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline OP
Underboss
This statement is ridiculous. Just because there are a few made guys (remnants) who are still alive doesn't mean they have a structured LCN family. Billy D'Elia was the only made guy left in Scranton...there was no family. Rockford? Give me a break and Milwaukee and Tampa surely have been defunct for quite some time. Left over made guys means nothing.

Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: TheArm] #756464
12/31/13 02:13 PM
12/31/13 02:13 PM
JCB1977 Offline OP
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline OP
Underboss
FYI- The Rochester Family, in particular, Stan and Frank Valenti were both made in Pittsburgh under Frank Amato and then John LaRocca. Antonio Ripepi, a high ranking Capo for many years, also the father in law to Stan Valenti and John Bazzano Jr. Ripepi and LaRocca backed the Valenti brothers and they "did" separate from Buffalo after the fallout of Maggadino.

And YES, there was a small crew/family in Des Moines, Iowa run by Louis Fratto, who was under the supervision of the Chicago Outfit. Dallas was run by Joe Civello and was one of the 26 original mafia families.

Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756465
12/31/13 02:14 PM
12/31/13 02:14 PM
JCB1977 Offline OP
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline OP
Underboss
This is a detailed chart I posted on real deal on the LaRocca Crime Family from 1980-1990:

LaRocca Crime Family

Hierarchy

Boss- John Sebastian LaRocca (took over in 1956 from Frank Amato Sr and died December 1984)
Boss- Michael James Genovese (took over in 1985 and died 10-31- 2006)
Underboss- Gabriel "Kelly" Mannarino (LaRocca's Underboss from 1956, died July 1980)
Underboss- Joseph "Jo Jo" Pecora (imprisoned from 1985 and died March 3, 1987)
Underboss- Charles "Chucky" Porter- 1986-1999 (cooperated secretly from 1992-1999) Released from prison in December 2000, living back in Penn Hills, PA.
Consigliere- Charles "Charlie Murgie" Imburgia (died in 2002) Consigliere since the early 1960's.

Capo Regimes

Capo- Antonio Ripepi- Clairton, PA (father in law to John Bazzano Jr.) died in 2000
Capo- Joseph Sica (grandfather to infamous drug dealing rat Joey Rosa and father in law to former Capo Frank Rosa) died 1991
Capo- Frank Rosa- (son in law to Joe Sica, father of drug dealer/rat Joey Rosa) died on January 28, 1982
Capo- Joseph "Little Joe" Regino- (Controlled illegal gambling in Altoona/Johnstown, PA) died June 18, 1985
Capo- Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti- Protege of Gabriel Mannarino, Controlled all Illegal gambling in New Kensington, PA. Last made man left, 82 years old
Capo- Pasquale "Patsy" Ferruccio- (Video Poker kingpin, considered the mafia's leading expert) Canton, OH. died March 31, 2006
Capo- Domenico "Big Dom" Mallamo-Ran Youngstown, OH rackets since the 1940's (semi retired by 1982). Died in April 1987. (Was made in NYC and over in Reggio, Calabria Italy)
Capo- Vincenzo "Brier Hill Jimmy" Prato- Ran Youngstown, OH rackets since 1980-81. Died in 1988.
Capo- John Bazzano Jr.- Son of legendary mob boss John Bazzano Sr and son in law to Antonio Ripepi. Died in 2008.
Capo- Frank "Sonny" Amato Jr.- Son of legendary mob boss Frank Amato Sr (who stepped down in 1956 and was longtime Capo for LaRocca and died in 1973) Jr. died in 2003.

Soldiers (Made Men)

John Fontana- Ran illegal gambling in Monroeville, PA. Died on April 1, 1984.
Michael Traficante- Ran illegal gambling around Indiana, PA. Died in 1986.
Samuel "Sammy Fashion" Fashionatta- Ran illegal gambling in Altoona/Johnstown, PA. Died March 11, 1985
Louis Volpe- Infamous brother of the "Volpe Brothers" who ran gambling in East McKeesport/Turtle Creek, PA. Died June 3, 1987
Anthony "Wango" Capizzi- Ran gambling junkets for Pittsburgh family and worked closely with Bufalino Crime Family and Buffalo LCN. Died March 21, 2007
John "Jack" Verilla- Ran illegal gambling with Sammy Fashion in Altoona/Johnstown, PA. Died in prison September 10, 1988
Joseph "Little Joey" Naples- Ran illegal gambling in Youngstown, OH with Lenny Strollo. Naples was Jimmy Prato's protege. Murdered August 19, 1991.
Lenine "Lenny" Strollo- Ran illegal gambling with Joey Naples in Youngstown, OH. Convicted in 1999 and cooperated. Out of prison and living back in the Youngstown area.
Henry "Zebo" Zottola- Acted as liason between Youngstown faction and Pittsburgh. Oversaw Youngstown operations and reported to Genovese/Porter. Died in 1998.
Louis Raucci Sr.- Ran gambling, narcotics and fencing stolen property in Verona, PA. Answered directly to Porter/Genovese. Was said to have sit on the "left" side of Mike Genovese

Pittsburgh Associates:

John V Adams- He ran the Green Door Club, an after hours illegal gambling spot. Reported to John Bazzano Jr and Chucky Porter.
James "Jimmy" Ameris- Sports and numbers bookmaker in New Kensington, PA. Reported to Sonny Ciancutti.
Ronald "Farmer" Brown- Owned the BBS Coal Company. Extortion, illegal gambling and enforcer. Reported to Chucky Porter.
Eugene "Geno" Chiarelli- Narcotics, extortion and robbery. Reported to Chucky Porter (was convicted in 1990 as part of the Porter trial)
Anthony Durish- Narcotics, extortion and robbery. Reported to Chucky Porter and Louis Raucci. (was convicted in 1990 as part of the Porter trial)
August "Augie" Ferrone- Major bookmaker, interstate illegal gambling, partners with Primo Mollica. Reported to Chucky Porter and Sonny Ciancutti.
Primo Mollica-Major bookmaker, interstate illegal gambling, partners with Augie Ferrone. Reported to Chucky Porter and Sonny Amato.
Anthony Gesuale- Narcotics, loansharking, extortion, illegal gambling. Reported to Chucky Porter and Sonny Ciancutti.
Eugene "Nick the Blade" Gesuale- Major Narcotics distributor, loansharking and extortion. Reported to Chucky Porter and Louis Raucci.
Daniel "Speedo" Hanna- Illegal gambling, collections of tribute money to Pitt LCN. Reported to Sonny Ciancutti and Michael Genovese.
Steven Hatzimbes- Illegal gambling, worked with Jimmy Ameris and Daniel Hanna. Reported to Sonny Ciancutti.
Anthony "Tony" Grosso- Largest numbers operator in the country. $30 million/year, employed over 5000 numbers writers. Imprisoned in 1986. Reported to Genovese.
Robert "Bobby I" Ianelli- Major numbers/sports bookmaker. Took over part of Tony Grosso's numbers operation with the Williams brothers. Reported to Genovese
Salvatore Williams- Major numbers/sports bookmaker. Took over part of Tony Grosso's numbers operation with Bobby Ianelli. Reported to Genovese
Adolfo "Junior" Williams- Major numbers/sports bookmaker. Took over part of Tony Grosso's numbers operation with his brother and Bobby Ianelli. Reported to Genovese
Anthony "Ninny" Lagatutta- Ran back door, high stakes card games as well as sports bookmaking. Reported to John Bazzano Jr.
Samuel "Sammy" Lanzino- Sports bookmaking and fencing stolen property. Reported to Sonny Ciancutti.
John "Johnny Boy" Leone- Narcotics trafficking, illegal gambling, loansharking, extortion. Reported to Chucky Porter.
Michael "Mikey" Martorella- Sports and numbers bookmaking. Reported to Chucky Porter and Sonny Amato.
Louis "Louie" Masco- Illegal gambling and principal operator of the Cecil Italian Club. Reported to Sonny Ciancutti and Sonny Amato.
Mauro Matone- Narcotics trafficking and fencing stolen property. Reported to Chucky Porter.
Peter Mercurio Sr.- Sports and numbers bookmaking. Associated with Steve Hatzimbes gambling network. Reported to Sonny Ciancutti.
Anthony "Murgie" Imburgia- Nephew of Consigliere Charlie Imburgia. Owner of Verona Auto Sales. Reports to Chucky Porter and Mike Genovese.
Felix "Phil" Pitzerell- Owner of Pitzerell's Restaurant, illegal gambling and fencing stolen property. Reported to Chucky Porter and Louis Raucci.
Ronald Plisco- Plisco was Sonny Amato's key representative in illegal gambling. Reported to Sonny Amato and Chucky Porter.
William "Billy" Porter- Brother of Chucky Porter. Extortion, narcotics trafficking & robbery. Reported to Chucky Porter.
Michael Rosenfeld- Narcotics distribution. Reported to Chucky Porter and Louis Raucci.
Gerald Sabatini- Sports/numbers bookmaking and narcotics trafficking. Reported to Sonny Ciancutti.
John Sabatini- Sports/numbers bookmaking and narcotics trafficking. Reported to Sonny Ciancutti.
Robert Sabatini- Sports/numbers bookmaking and narcotics trafficking. Reported to Sonny Ciancutti.
Joseph Scolieri- Sports.numbers bookmaking. Reported to Chucky Porter and Louis Raucci.
Paul Scolieri- Sports/numbers bookmaking. Reported to Chucky Porter and Louis Raucci. (Part of Bobby Ianelli gambling network).
Meyer Sigal- Owner of Daily Juice Company, employed Joe Sica and Louis Raucci as ghost employees.
Frank Unis Jr- Ran the largest sports bookmaking/numbers operation in Beaver County. Reported to Joey Naples/Paul Hankish/Genovese/Gambino Family.
Rocco Viola Jr.- Chucky Porter's first cousin and real estate developer. Employed Porter as a consultant/ghost employee.
Manuel Xenakis- Sports/numbers bookmaking, part of the Sabatini brothers gambling enterprise. Reported to Sonny Ciancutti.

Youngstown, OH Faction:

Ernest "Ernie B" Biondillo- Chief Lieutenant to Joey Naples. Ran gambling in Campbell, OH. Murdered June 3, 1996. Reported to Joey Naples.
Frank "Ball Bat Frankie" Lentine- Ernie Biondillo's right hand man, ran dice/card games/robbery and sports bookmaking in Campbell, OH. Reported to Joey Naples.
Bernard "Bernie The Jew" Altshuler- Major money maker for Pittsburgh. Ran the All American Club illegal casino in Campbell, OH. Reported to Henry Zottola/Lenny Strollo.
Lawrence "Jeep" Garono- Lenny Strollo's chief lieutenant, collected gambling proceeds from local bookmakers. Reported to Lenny Strollo/Henry Zottola.
Dante "Danny" Strollo- Bagman for brother Lenny, liason between payoffs to corrupt public officials. Ran gambling at All American Club in Campbell, OH.
Michael "Cyrak" Serrecchio- Largest numbers/sports bookmaker/fencing stolen property in Youngstown. Operated Mr. A's Eatery. Reported to Naples/Strollo.
Joseph "Joey Cyrak" Serrecchio- Son of Mike "Cyrak" Serrecchio. Ran numbers for his dad/fencing of stolen property.
Joseph Perfette- Ran illegal gambling in Trumbull County/Warren, OH. 25% kicked up to Cleveland until 1983, then reported directly to Charlie Imburgia (Consigliere).
Jack DeSarro- Largest numbers/sports bookmaker in East Liverpool, OH (about 30 miles south of Youngstown). Reported to Naples/Strollo/Henry Zottola.
Robert "Bobby" Poghen- Debt collector/enforcer/hitman/illegal gambling. Reported to Naples/Strollo.
Paul "Pinto" Holavatick- Joey Naples' driver/enforcer/hitman/debt collector.
Raymond Hertz- Lenny Strollo's stepson. Owner of Stagecoach Inn Bar. Illegal gambling/numbers. Reported to Lenny Strollo.
Samuel "Sam" Vona Sr./Jr.- Both father and son ran extensive numbers/sports bookmaking in Struthers, OH. Reported to Naples/Strollo.
Thomas "Tommy" Peters- Owned Patsy's Lounge, numbers/sports bookmaking. Reported to Naples/Strollo.
Gary Goodrick- Enforcer/numbers/sports bookmaking/barbut dealer. Reported to Naples/Strollo.
Jack Malys- Ran illegal gambling/barbut/craps/numbers at the Greek Coffee House in Campbell, OH. Reported to Naples/Strollo.
Peter Cascarelli- Worked for Naples at Youngstown United Music (Vending Company), robbery/fencing stolen property. Reported to Naples.
Amil Dinsio- One of the biggest bank robbers in American History (1972 Laguna Niguel, CA heist). Robbery/burglary. Reported to Naples/Strollo.
James Dinsio- One of the biggest bank robbers in American History (1972 Laguna Niguel, CA heist). Robbery/burglary. Reported to Naples/Strollo.

Altoona, PA Faction:

Alfred Corbo- Sports/numbers bookmaking. Reported to John Verilla/Joe Regino
Joseph Ruggierio- Sports/numbers bookmaking. Reported to John Verilla/Joe Regino
Victor Schiappa- Sports/numbers bookmaking. Reported to John Verilla/Joe Regino
Carl Venturato- Sports/numbers bookmaking- Reported to John Verilla/Joe Regino
John Caramadre- John Verilla's chief lieutenant. Sports/numbers bookmaking/murder for hire. Reported to John Verilla/Joe Regino.
Vincent Caraciollo- Enforcer for John "Jack" Verilla. Testified against Verilla and Caramadre for murder of John Clark, narcotics trafficker. Reported to John Verilla.
Dennis "Denny" Colello- Enforcer/debt collector for John Verilla.

West Virginia Faction

Paul "No Legs" Hankish- Wheeling, WV "Godfather." Paul was Lebanese and was closely associated with Jo Jo Pecora/Chucky Porter. Controlled all illegal gambling/narcotics trafficking in the West Virginia area. Got his legs blown off in the 1960's after a bloody war with Bill Elias, former West Virginia "boss." Closely associated with Joey Naples and Demus Covello of the Gambino Crime Family. Naples was godfather to his son Chris Hankish and Demus Covello was godfather to his daughter. One of the biggest moneymakers for LaRocca/Genovese. Convicted in 1990 and sentenced to life imprisonment. Reported to LaRocca/Genovese/Porter/Pecora
Chris Hankish-Ran gambling/video poker/narcotics for his father in Scott Twp., PA.
James "Jimmy" Griffin- Paul Hankish's "right hand" man and partner in gambling/narcotics organization.
Charles "Buddy" Jacovetty-Paul Hankish's "left hand" man and partner in gambling/narcotics organization.
Charles "Chucky" Joseph- Owned and operated the Lightning Rod Club in Wheeling, WV, an after hours illegal gambling style casino.
Theodore "Teddy" Tsoras- Ran illegal gambling/narcotics distribution

Re: Defunct Families- Who was the strongest? [Re: JCB1977] #756467
12/31/13 02:18 PM
12/31/13 02:18 PM
JCB1977 Offline OP
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline OP
Underboss
Is there still illegal gambling in Pittsburgh? YES. Is Sonny Ciancutti the boss? NO, there is no family to be boss of. I know for a fact that Sonny spends most of his time at the Meadows Racetrack. A few of his associates still kick up to him, but Pittsburgh does not have a functioning mafia family. If you tell me that Mauro Matone or Bobby Iannelli are made, I'm going to throw up.

If your claim is that Pittsburgh is still recognized as a mafia family with a hierarchy and a structured family, please name the top 3 positions, Capos, soldiers etc. I don't know you, but it is insulting for you to compromise solid, factual research that myself and a team of organized crime authors have done for over a decade.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull