Originally Posted By: carmela
I think he first killed someone when he was as young as 19.

I read his first involvement in murders was in 1986, when he was 14. He did provoke a black-out in the whole city when the Cosa Nostra hitmen did a massacre of the Grassonelli clan, as an answer to the recent Messina murders (they couldn't even find decent hitmen so an innocent, Filippo Gebbia, was killed). Salvatore Grassonelli later retaliated with another massacre in which 2 innocents were killed too (Giuseppe Marnalo and Stefano Volpe). Really, the shooting "ability" of some gangsters really amazes me. Do they go on hits while drunk and high on drugs at the same time?

An interesting detail about Gerlandino Messina's convictions: when Pasquale Salemi was questioned about those murders, he initially replaced him with Giuseppe Gambacorta in all cases, trying to protect him. He later admitted this when it contradicted other informants' statements.

By the way, was Riina involved in the Guazzelli murder? I read the one who commissioned it was Simone Capizzi (boss of Ribera) and was organized by Salvatore Fragapane (boss of Santa Elisabetta), Riina wasn't indicted, but I read it could have been a part of a terror strategy when Riina ordered to kill 1 police officer in every province or something like that.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 01/09/14 12:23 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."