Originally Posted By: azguy
This should be interesting, they'll need a first hand witness as what other proof could they have against these guys.

They certainly don't have an eye witness to the crime, dna, fingerprints or left over money...

In all reality these charges "stink"

Agreed. Like Snakes said we will have to see what Massino had to do with this.

Just speculation but I wonder if the Feds have gotten some info from Massino and another CW and have been sitting on it for a decade because one of two reasons:

1. To make sure they have an air tight case.

2. They don't have much but decided to round people up for one last shot at prosecution before everyone dies off. They figure it'll shake the Bonnanos admin up and maybe someone will flip out of the blue.

I think it's the second reason IMHO.

I heard a interview on NPR with the retired Fed agent who headed the case in the 1970s and '80s (whose name ironically was Carbone) and he said that they "knew these guys were involved from the beginning but could get enough proof to charge them," and that "I never saw this coming; most everyone involved is dead and I thought the case was dead and gone"

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi