Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
My problem with rap music is that it is able to be used as an excuse. I personally do not like it but what annoys me is that, and I think eminem said it in one of his songs, is that a kid goes out and shoots someone and before you know it some rapper is the one to blame.
It's the same as myself going out and starting some underground crime family and then saying The Godfather made me do it.
That can be said for pretty much anything though. I think that last year there was some kid who went out and shot someone who was in a parked car, then he tried to blame it on Grand Theft Auto, so he tried suing Rockstar Games. People have to realize there's a difference between the wannabe rappers around right now and real rappers of the past. Pretty much all Rap/Hip-Hop music right now is Hip-Hop. Hip-Hop is bragging about cars, money, and bitches while Rap actually has a meaning and tries to explain things with political ideologies and give people insight on what's happening with crime in this country.

Here's a little break down for you on my opinions of Rap and Hip-Hop.

Rap:
2Pac - Better Dayz 2Pac - Brenda\'s Got a Baby
2Pac - Keep Ya Head Up
2Pac - Me Against the World *
2Pac - Unconditional Love Kanye West - Two Words
Eminem - The Way I Am
Eminem - White America
Eminem - Sing For the Moment
Jadakiss - Why?

* = IMO, while not my # 1 favorite, definetly the
best Rap song ever created.

Hip-Hop:
Lil\' Flip - Game Over
Petey Pablo - Freek-A-Leek
Lil\' John - Get Low
Ludacris - Act a Fool

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur