Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
One thing that struck me almost immediately when I heard about Sterling's comments was the hypocrisy on the Left.

You'll recall back during the Clinton fiasco with Monica Lewinsky, many lefties defended Clinton by saying that his personal flings didn't affect his ability to be U.S. president.

Now, one could make the same argument here - that Sterling's bonehead (and rather bizarre) racial beliefs don't really affect his ability to be the owner of an NBA team, little of which goes beyond writing checks.

While not defending Sterling's comments, it just goes to show the selective moral outrage in our society today, particularly by politically-correct driven liberals. They don't much value on fidelity in marriage so Clinton being an adulterer was no big deal to them. Being a racist, however, is almost worse than being child-molester in their book so they were out for a pound of flesh in this case.

This off base overgeneralization makes no sense, and stop saying you are not defending Sterling's comments. You are defending them and in the process condemning what you pereive to be "selective" outrage. As a left-leaning democrat, neither I nor anyone I know ever said they approved of Clinton's misconduct and his lying about it. The distinction about drawing a line between his personal life and his public life came when the idiots in the House impeached him. At that point, the question became whether or not clinton had committed a "high crime or misdomeanor" as is written in the Constitution. I and the United States Senate thought it did not.

The NBA is not part of the federal government. There is no right to free speech or opinion within the NBA because ownership of an NBA team is not something the Constitution grants. One of Sterling's statements was that he wrote the checks for the players, and thus paid for their houses, cars, etc. He omits that the players earn their living by playing the game and that he profits from it. Are they supposed to play for free? Does he think people come to see the owners and not the players? It is a plantation mentality pure and simple.

Your pitiful analysis is as bad as Rush Limbaugh's false claim that Sterling was a democrat who was being punished for not giving Obama enough money.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."