Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: padrone
I did not say that it was taken out of context. I stated that we all say things that could be taken out of context or there are things that we say in private that we would NEVER say in public. That includes us all. I am not defending this dipsh*& but what I am saying is that we should be judged by out public speech and actions. This guy was going to get an award from the NAACP for crying out loud. It was also said if that his racism was a known fact and was never made public like this. If that is true all of the feigned outrage is bs. Apparently everyone knew this man to be a closet klansman and were glad to work for or with him or take his money.

That being said, the release of these tapes may be against California law and the NBA is going to have a fight when it comes to forcing a sale. I hope he burns but it aint gonna be easy.

A lot of the outrage is, indeed, feigned. The fact that the new NBA commissioner actually went as far as to ban the guy for life shows the decision was largely driven by political correctness and pressure to appease the mostly black players. You'd have to have a cookcounty-like IQ to believe the punishment fits the crime here. Look at all the convicted athlete felons who are allowed to return to sports. Like I said, liberal-driven political correctness is quick to forgive all sorts of crimes and indiscretions but not racism.

Again, this is not to excuse Sterling's comments but to show the selective moral outrage and inconsistent punishments involved.

That's actually a very good point, i hadn't thought of that. Why is Michael Vick alowed back into sport after running an illegal dog fighting ring or Mike Tyson allowed back after a rape conviction? While how stupid and disgusting Sterlings comments were he wasn't actually breaking any laws, he was exorcising free speech no matter how shameful. Forced or not i believe he'll sell anyway because there's a good chance of a player boycott, and with the Clippers history of being the worst in the NBA no chance any fans black,white or yellow will stick behind him, jeopardizing the best side they've ever had of Chris Paul,Blake Griffin,etc.