Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
This is the first I'm reading about it happening at MSG, but nothing surprises me when it comes to racism.

Oh, it happened, Gets. My brother and I used to go to at least twenty games a year back then, and I saw it first hand.

There was a Celtic game that was particularly ugly. These booze addled White trash Boston fans drove over 200 miles to throw banana peels at the poor guy. And I know they got cuffed, but I'm not sure if they were taken to the tombs, or just taken to the "Garden Jail" and released when they sobered up.

But you're right about about those incidents being under-reported. It was disgraceful.

And Ewing is a Boston guy
......the story about the Bruins fans going full racist at the hockey player mentions that .....whoops..the Bruins drafted HIS younger brother this year.

I've met some open racists from football obsessed deep south...they don't care for Blacks but if the right Black recruit can get their alma mater to the national championship.....he can marry their sister for all they care.

Bill Russell was the greatest winner Boston, or any city has ever known...and he got his house vandalized by people who didn't want him in their neighborhood.

so much for simple labels like liberal=good,open minded
bible belt=bad,

boston is one of the most liberal cities in the country and one of the most racist