Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: cheech
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
I've pretty much kept out of this discussion but recently it's been made public that the NBA owner's are going to attempt to vote to force Donald Sterling to sell his team. His wife, Shelly Sterling owns 50% of the team and she doesn't want to sell. LeBron James and Magic Johnson have both come forward to pretty much state that they want all of the Sterling's gone from the Clippers. Now, my question is, is that really fair? Shelly never made those comments and it just seems like guilt by association. If the NBA wants to run Donald Sterling out of the game, fine, I have no problem with that. But is it right for other players to say his estranged wife be gone too although (to public knowledge) she's done nothing wrong here!?

owning an NBA team isnt a right...there are bylaws you have to abide by...almost like owning a condo or a town home...you dont abide by the guidelines (loud music, garbage, etc.) they can force you to move...its not like there going to make just the husband move, kids and wife and dog gotta go to

That's pretty much it. There really isn't any due process like in a court of law. But owners know this going in. It's not like they're changing the NBA by-laws just to torture this guy.

Owning an NBA team may not be a right but, my question is, will Sterling be paid if and when the team is taken away? Whatever he said, it's his property and somebody's property being taken away from them simply for what they think or say sets a dangerous precedent.

donald sterling breached his contract, why should he get paid?

what the fuck would they pay him for?

it's funny how "upstanding citizens" are always defending degenerate racists

Last edited by cookcounty; 05/20/14 01:50 PM.