Nice story Kly! I can only imagine how it would feel to not be recognized by your own father. Thank God for the great memories of when he was "himself."

SC, another great story. Don't think it's uncommon that some fathers (or mothers) have a hard time being "close" YET we feel the love, especially at times of need and/or bad health. And, great friends who help you ease the pain. tongue Munchie time.

One of the many memories for me (of many). When I lived in MI, I use to work downtown. My dad's cleaners was in the area and instead of paying for downtown parking, I'd park there and he'd drop me/pick up every day and bring me back to my car.

I always waited til the last minute to put gas in my car and he'd always tell me, "Ann, you're riding on a prayer. You need money for gas?" I'd tell him I'm gonna get some now. More than once, he'd pull a twenty out of his wallet. I'd say "no I have the money, I'm going to get gas now." One time I as I was pulling out, he tries again to give me money we tossed it back and forth. LOL. As I thought I WON and pulled away he ran back to the open window, threw a twenty in my car and went back into the cleaners. He always joked around and kept saying to me "you're stubborn just like your mother." (teary eyed as I remember) cry

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/13/14 01:56 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon