Originally Posted By: Facchia
YOU are offering no concrete evidence that his advice was widely valued by anyone. Since you want to reference FBI reports, you will know then that sources are black out and redacted in reports. Facts are facts, what FACTS do YOU have that is advice was widely valued??? What I was stating was that if Accardo was so active and widely sought out for counsel it seems like he would have been implicated in some type of conspiracy charge. Seems like over and over again people were indicted right up to him. So he either wasn't that active or protected by some one. I never said he wasn't a force or that I know more than the FBI, I just don't believe he was a super criminal mastermind.

I don't believe he was a mastermind either, but reports from other high ranking mafioso "suggest" that he was in deed widely respected and was considered a voice of reason within the Commission. When FBI spokespeople call him a powerhouse in OC, then it appears that he certainly was high on their radar. I'm not a Chicago fanboy, but I do pay attention to detail and to how other men from around the country viewed him. Very much like Russell Bufalino, Tony Accardo was an elder statesman and according to FBI personnel and other guys like Salerno and Gambino, they looked at him as an equal.

And as long as you submit a list of deceased individuals whose names will appear in his FBI reports, the redactions are "minimal." You could appeal the report that is released, which I have done on 19 occasions regarding individuals that myself and my team were interested in.

Last edited by Bugsyvegas1930; 08/04/14 02:34 PM.

Uncle Charlie once said; "Don't get into pissing matches with skunks."