Did Michael Franzese actually ever testify in a trial/grand jury or actually give information to the FBI on other mobsters? I know he has been on a handful of TV shows and documentaries about the mob, but every time he says that he just simply left the life. I can't remember which documentary/show it was, but in one he made it a point to say that he never ratted on his friends. He says he just plead guilty and then left the life after he was released from prison. But, considering the minimal amount of time he did in prison (I think less than 10 years), you would have to imagine he gave the FBI some sort of information.

It may have even been in the same documentary, he said that if he would have stuck it out he could have been boss once Persico went away for life. I don't know if that was his own opinion or that other guys shared that opinion, but with the amount of money he was making on the gas tax scam alone, I would think he had to have some sort of power within the family.

Not to glorify criminals, but out of all the American mobsters, I always thought that he seemed to be one of the most likeable.

Last edited by K1NG6; 08/08/14 10:02 PM.