GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 601 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,794
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,530
Posts1,062,475
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blade Runner (Good Or Bad) #80172
11/16/04 10:37 AM
11/16/04 10:37 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

watching it for the first time. I thought it was a decent film, great affects.

The story line doesn't seem to get anywhere,pehaps i need to watch it again, What you think.

In some polls it,s in the top 10-15 films of all time, how can that be.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Blade Runner (Good Or Bad) #80173
11/16/04 11:20 AM
11/16/04 11:20 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
I HATED it. It was one of the worst movies I have ever seen, I was very disappointed.

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: Blade Runner (Good Or Bad) #80174
11/16/04 11:29 AM
11/16/04 11:29 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Tsk Tsk Tsk Eddie.

I honestly though respect and admire the movie more than I "like". Neverless, its a movie based on mood/atmosphere/scenery/lighting/etc., more so than on the story itself(or else it would have been a MINORITY REPORT or something)....neverless, this movie is much bigger in terms of critical acclaim and "fandom" in Europe compared to the US, or at least from the receptions of my friends from that continent have remarked.

Whatever you like the flick or not, its a pretty damn influential movie that can't be denied in terms of visuals and in other areas I'll indulge in maybe later(but ya, I'm gonna wind this up quickly). Really, many reviews for any sci-fi film set in a futuristic metro-city since 1982(BR's year of release) have made comments about those cities being "Blade Runner-esque". At least I've seen this mentioned in some critical reviews for flicks like MINORITY REPORT, ATTACK OF THE CLONES, JUDGE DREDD(crappy Stallone movie, kicka*s UK comic book), THE FIFTH ELEMENT, and so on.

Re: Blade Runner (Good Or Bad) #80175
11/16/04 12:48 PM
11/16/04 12:48 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
its a movie based on mood/atmosphere/scenery/lighting/etc., more so than on the story itself(
Exactly! The story goes nowhere, but the mood and the special effects work so seamlessly, and with such detail, that you really believe you're transported into LA in 2019. And unlike other future-looking sci-fi's, "Blade Runner's" view of the future is a credible combination of current and forward-looking. It's just stunning.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Blade Runner (Good Or Bad) #80176
11/16/04 02:34 PM
11/16/04 02:34 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
We read the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick) in my Artificial Intelligence class in college -- it was awesome. I don't think I saw the movie until after I read it, and I wasn't disappointed even though the book goes into much more detail.

The original VHS video contained the theatrical version with a voice-over and an alternate happy ending. These were eliminated in the Director's Cut DVD (why they didn't include both versions is beyond me!).

From what I hear, they've been planning a digitally remastered 3-disc Special Edition set with both versions, and a third "final version", once legal issues are resolved.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Blade Runner (Good Or Bad) #80177
11/16/04 05:41 PM
11/16/04 05:41 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
BladeRunner **
(1982/Scott/US)
In 2019, an LA cop tracks down deadly robots.
A good-looking thriller made in a perfectly gloomy style, full of neon-lit streets and moody fog.

Check out Fritz Lang's 1926 masterpiece Metropolis to see the art direction's influence.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Blade Runner (Good Or Bad) #80178
11/17/04 03:38 AM
11/17/04 03:38 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
That must be your shortest review ever, Mick!

"Robots" is the wrong word, tho. They'd be "androids" (and, in the movie and book, called "replicants").

Total Recall is another Philip K. Dick-inspired movie. I was quite impressed with that one, too, altho not quite the classic that Blade Runner is.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Metropolis, but just vaguely remember the story. But I do see the obvious resemblance. Pretty amazing, over 50 years apart! But the book already had the visuals built-in, whether inspired by Metropolis or not, I have no idea....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Blade Runner (Good Or Bad) [Re: J Geoff] #419401
07/26/07 03:38 PM
07/26/07 03:38 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff
From what I hear, they've been planning a digitally remastered 3-disc Special Edition set with both versions, and a third "final version", once legal issues are resolved.

It's (finally) official, since I wrote that over 2.5 years ago...

"Blade Runner" returns, definitively
 Quote:
Thu Jul 26, 8:13 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Director Ridley Scott is working on a "definitive" new version of his science-fiction classic "Blade Runner."

"Blade Runner: The Final Cut" will get a brief theatrical run in Los Angeles and New York, beginning October 5, before its December 18 DVD release through Warner Home Video.

Scott went back into postproduction to complete the new version of the film, which has been restored and remastered from original elements and contains never-before-seen and extended scenes. The film also includes new and improved special effects, director and filmmaker commentary and an all-new Dolby Digital audio track. Three DVD editions are coming to stores, in two-, four- and five-disc configurations.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

THREE boxed sets?? I know I want to get the 5-DVD version (of course), but I've been trying to limit my buying of DVDs until I get HD... \:\/

Re: Blade Runner (Good Or Bad) [Re: J Geoff] #419410
07/26/07 04:21 PM
07/26/07 04:21 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

I never did get round to watching this film,and im not too fussed about seeing it again..I can't even remember making this thread as well.lol

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Blade Runner (Good Or Bad) [Re: J Geoff] #419431
07/26/07 06:22 PM
07/26/07 06:22 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

It's (finally) official, since I wrote that over 2.5 years ago...

"Blade Runner" returns, definitively
 Quote:
Thu Jul 26, 8:13 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Director Ridley Scott is working on a "definitive" new version of his science-fiction classic "Blade Runner."

"Blade Runner: The Final Cut" will get a brief theatrical run in Los Angeles and New York, beginning October 5, before its December 18 DVD release through Warner Home Video.

Scott went back into postproduction to complete the new version of the film, which has been restored and remastered from original elements and contains never-before-seen and extended scenes. The film also includes new and improved special effects, director and filmmaker commentary and an all-new Dolby Digital audio track. Three DVD editions are coming to stores, in two-, four- and five-disc configurations.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

THREE boxed sets?? I know I want to get the 5-DVD version (of course), but I've been trying to limit my buying of DVDs until I get HD... \:\/

Don't forget, BLADE RUNNER was elected to the AFI's Top 100 Movies list.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull